Injury Report: Quick Day to Day; Budaj to be recalled

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Fact is, if it was big injury a goalie would have been called up/signed. Enroth will start(it''s a b2b situation anyway) and Quick will chill by the tunnel for a night. Sounds like he's in good enough condition to play if needed, but no point since we got Enroth who can stand tall for a few games.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Stupid Islanders taking Berube over Tokarski on waivers.
Also stupid Bartosak for being an idiot and not learning from Voynov.

we should have a disclaimer to our goalie picks "Just because we pick you and you're going to a good goalie farm doesn't mean you'll end up like JQ on another team, and most certainly don't be a jcakhole. Bernier, Jones, Berube, and Bartosak."

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That would be the dumbest goddamn injury.

Whatever it is, get it healed up, because that would be the dumbest goddamn injury. Like really annoying.

Reminds me of the Buffalo game injury.

Do nothing for 40 minutes, then suddenly post to post splits and see you on the IR.

This is going to be like 2014. Enroth will play lights out then a Reign goaltender will come up and outplay him. Quick comes back, wins Cup.

orrrrr Patrick Kane style! LTIR quick, gain 5.5. in cap space, trade for ************, profit! :sarcasm:

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
So glad we have Budaj JUST in case. He'd get called up before Berube or Bartosak would have anyway.

Where's Emery, wasnt he released from his other PTO? Not that we need him but just in case...

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So glad we have Budaj JUST in case. He'd get called up before Berube or Bartosak would have anyway.

Where's Emery, wasnt he released from his other PTO? Not that we need him but just in case...

I think he is playing for the Marlies....maybe that was just till their goalies got healthy though

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Stupid Islanders taking Berube over Tokarski on waivers.
Also stupid Bartosak for being an idiot and not learning from Voynov.

Yep, unreal luck. I was stunned anyone claimed Berube. He's decent but nothing better than what comes across the waiver wire most times anyway. Bartosak can kiss my ass. Way to piss away a likely NHL career.

The only reason we have Budaj is because we lost Berube.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
15.1 ****ing seconds. ****ing ****!

Ok... I'm laughing...

I'm sure it won't be funny in a couple of games.

"day to day"... so is this really "day to day" or is it more of a "month to month" that they don't want to talk about? :naughty:

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Ok... I'm laughing...

"day to day"... so is this really "day to day" or is it more of a "month to month" that they don't want to talk about? :naughty:

The day to day came from DL. So I would think that is actually the case. Where DS said it was just a maint day. If he had been the one to say day to day I would be scared. Of course it could turn worse but I do think it's likely just a small thing. And hope he'll be back in a day or two.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Budaj to be recalled

“@reallisa: Am told the plan is to recall both Gravel and Budaj in the morning #kingsâ€

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
More like why the hell was the guy crashing the net with 15 sec in a 9-2 blowout?

Meh... They were 15 feet away from Quick when their feet locked up... Kings on scene would have destroyed them if they thought it was intentional -- our 4th line was out there.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Maintenance day says Sutter, the same Sutter who like to mess with the minds of the press.

Not happy about the injury, but I'm happy for Budaj to get the call-up. Quality person from what I've heard.

Just think, if Bartosak hadn't pulled a Voynov, it could have been him getting the call-up.

Last edited:

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
NwTPyF5.png

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Ok... I'm laughing...

If he was out long term they'd be putting him on LTIR immediately to save some cap space ahead of the trade deadline. They'd be talking about it if they knew that was the issue.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
If he was out long term they'd be putting him on LTIR immediately to save some cap space ahead of the trade deadline. They'd be talking about it if they knew that was the issue.

It doesn't matter you can make it retro to the first day missed. So the same amount would be saved if it needs to get that far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad