Question for Intl' HFBoard Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

they can never go back, or they'd be sued for treason and hung!!!

twelve

May 19, 2005
It's just not done.

If the clubs wouldn't let the players go, that would be accepted as a reason. Everything else is unacceptable.

Oh well, if there's a child on the way, we'll make an exception. ;)

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
beeker16 said:
How are players that are pulling out being viewed as by the fans and media of their home countries?

Media isn't reacting much in Sweden. Though I do expect some sour comments over Näslund and Johnsson. The fans at this board are probably a good reflection of how most fans react.

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
There has a lot of talk concerning the subject. Some journalist´s feel that those who don´t play for team Finland are traitors. Others stress that GM´s don´t care how Finland does, and therefore force their best players to rest. There are also some journalist´s that belive in Kiprusoff´s and Kapanen´s injuries, but are unhappy because Kapanen seems to care more about Flyers success than Finland´s. They feel they should play first for Finland and second for their NHL-teams.

I belive that a big part of this "scandal" is due to the fact that both Kiprusoff and Kapanen have been reluctant to play for team Finland in the past. World cup of 2005 also plays a part, as there were lot´s of refusals.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
RuuhkaTukka said:
There has a lot of talk concerning the subject. Some journalist´s feel that those who don´t play for team Finland are traitors. Others stress that GM´s don´t care how Finland does, and therefore force their best players to rest. There are also some journalist´s that belive in Kiprusoff´s and Kapanen´s injuries, but are unhappy because Kapanen seems to care more about Flyers success than Finland´s. They feel they should play first for Finland and second for their NHL-teams.

I belive that a big part of this "scandal" is due to the fact that both Kiprusoff and Kapanen have been reluctant to play for team Finland in the past. World cup of 2005 also plays a part, as there were lot´s of refusals.

I don't remember about Kapanen, but I'm pretty sure Kiprusoff was in net for Finland at the World Cup? Or are you talking about the world championships?

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
To me it depends on the reasons they're pulling out. If it's a real injury then it's understandable. Sami Kapanen is one guy I have no hard feelings about this for example, he's battled the entire season against injuries and while he's played each of Philadelphia's last 5 games (with poor results I might add), from what I've seen him play, he's definitely not 100% ok. Pitkänen can also be lumped together with Kapanen as he too had a pretty long term injury and if based on results that he's put up after the injury as opposed to before the injury, he doesn't seem to be 100% ok either.

Then when looking at Kiprusoff who's played most from all goalies, hasn't been listed day-to-day or as injured even once, and he still continued playing nearly every game after the announcement... Entirely different issue there. If he still has hard feelings from the World Cup fiasco with the coaching staff, then he should be man enough to say so and not make up imaginary injuries because that's what it looks like now.

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
MOGiLNY said:
I don't remember about Kapanen, but I'm pretty sure Kiprusoff was in net for Finland at the World Cup? Or are you talking about the world championships?

Yes you are right. Kiprusoff was Finlands #1 goalie in Wold Cup of Hockey in 2004. He was not in World Championships 2005.

By the way, it wasn´t my opinnion. I was just answering to beeker16´s guestion: "How are players that are pulling out being viewed as by the fans and media of their home countries?" I think what I represent in my earlier post covers 90% of what people think in Finland.

edit. me tarzan you jane :biglaugh:

Last edited:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
RuuhkaTukka said:
Yes you are right. Kiprusoff was Finlands #1 goalie in Wold Cup of Hockey in 2004. He was not in World Championships 2005.

Here, I fixed it for you. So that it's not confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad