OT: Queen Elizabeth II Dies at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
RIP

She tirelessly saved the monarchy for so long. 96 years old and 70 as the Queen.

In a world of change she was a constant.

She was the best possible monarch. She strove to be a peoples Queen.

Remember like yesterday that the Queen met with Grenfell tower fire survivors, took the time, made the efforts, even at age 91, and the PM and others did not. This was her sense of dedication personified.

Double rainbow as the news of the Queens passing reached Buckingham Palace
1662660235434.png

Last edited:

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Pretty good life she had, seemed to live it well. At this point they should just end the monarchy, but that won't ever happen.

Wonder if we will get some new king charles coins.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
She is with God. My condolences to the royal family and to the United Kingdom.
May she rest in peace with her husband.
May her successors show the same strength for unity and peace that she strived for in her life.
End of a Era.
God bless you all.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I would suspect she has been the reigning Monarch for the entire life of nearly everyone on this site. And IMO, a damned fine one. She managed to steer the ship through possibly the most turbulent and fast changing world ever, and do it with class, dignity and integrity. Her kids were a bit of a f*** up, but what can you do. They can dig for dirt now that she's gone, but I think it will be tough for them to find a whole lot on her.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Unless he refuses and passes it over to Willy.
He won't do that. He has already being fulfilling most of her duties.

I didn’t think she would make it a year after Phillip passed. What an incredible life and legacy, she will be deeply missed as she was a beacon of light and hope for so many around the world.
My Mom died at age 90 and my dad passed two months later at 95. When you spend that many years with someone your will to live becomes entangled with theirs.

My wife and I have been together 37 years and married for 33. Frankly, I cannot imagine a life without her in it.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
70 years on the throne is an amazing run. I visited Windsor Castle back in April while touring England. The Queen was there. Never saw her of course but what a neat experience that was. Rest in peace Elizabeth. May God bless your soul for your remarkable life and work.

Reactions: BudBundy and snipes

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Any new coins will have to be oval in shape, to accommodate Chuck's ears.

Over 4500 changes coming now to Alberta legal documents. Going to be a busy time to all the clerks.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Pretty good life she had, seemed to live it well. At this point they should just end the monarchy, but that won't ever happen.

Wonder if we will get some new king charles coins.
Good thought. Of all the ways that this might seem like it won't have an effect on the day to day - in Canada, we will likely get new sets of bills if nothing else. Although I hope we keep Elizabeth on our $20. Chuckie can go on another bill. My vote would be the $5, but then we would be without a Francophone on any bills, and that would never stand. Won't be the $10 as it was already re-done recently. Maybe the $50? Replacing McKenzie King with King Chuckles? Or just put his mug on the coins and leave our bills as is.

Same here. I don’t really care about the royal family at all, but I have a lot of respect for her. She was truly special, and will be missed greatly
I read someone today write that when a major public figure dies, we feel it even though we didn't know them, not because we are in mourning, but because it is a reminder of our mortality. A reminder that even things that are constant throughout our lives - including our monarch being Elizabeth for most Canadians - will always change eventually, and for many, that's unsettling. I think there is some truth to it.

She was a special woman, and despite my similar stance on the royals, I also respected her greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad