U18: Quarterfinal predictions and GDT

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This Canadian team is brilliant with falling down and taking themselves out of the play and giving pucks away.........it's almost an art form at this point.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
OK but you have to look at the 2 rosters playing this game. Not history of the 2 countries.

This was not a great Finnish team. There may not be a single 2023 1st rounder playing on that team. Dvorsky's presence alone makes Slovakia dangerous.
That's where I'm at too. For sure Finland is better than Slovakia in general. I don't think anyone would argue that. But this Slovak team was above average (for their standards) playing a below average (for their high standards) Finn team.

I noticed more Czechs were ranked then Finn's for this draft, that hasn't happened in a decade. Next years Finn class looks very strong again!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Ouch. Didn't see the 1st period but in the 2nd, Huet is seriously leaking...he was good the rest of the tournament but seems to have his jour sans today...

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
I know there are producers from TSN reading this: thanks so much for putting this game somewhere other than TSN 1/2 so I can't watch this. It gives me a chance to be more productive than I would otherwise be, since cable at work only has TSN 1 and 2.

Ya bastards.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No one cares.
We would care but the times aren't helpful (some people have to work) and our coaches are grade a morons. Should have selected mostly underagers for this tournament since our 05 prospects are shit compared to our 06 kids.

Swiss needed Urbanlike performance to stick in this game but no
I didn't see the 1st Canadian goal but 2/3 they scored in the 2nd were huge gifts from Huet.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
We would care but the times aren't helpful (some people have to work) and our coaches are grade a morons. Should have selected mostly underagers for this tournament since our 05 prospects are shit compared to our 06 kids.
Fair enough.

At the end of the day, it's nice to see an arena full of people. That's why, despite so many complaints, the WJR's is played in Canada so often.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This Canadian team is brilliant with falling down and taking themselves out of the play and giving pucks away.........it's almost an art form at this point.
Big ice, thrown together recently, playing like a bunch of individuals....

It is what it is.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Big ice, thrown together recently, playing like a bunch of individuals....

It is what it is.
Some of the plays they make though can't even be blamed on that, they are just dumb lazy plays.

Celebrini has to have enormous legs with how hard he is lifting all of Team Canada today.
I mean, thank God he is on this team.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Switzerland should have at least two more goals based on their chances and at very least one less against.

Ustinkovs passing is pretty bad again this game. This is starting to get me worried.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Fair enough.

At the end of the day, it's nice to see an arena full of people. That's why, despite so many complaints, the WJR's is played in Canada so often.
I mean in Switzerland we have the highest attendance in Europe. It's just that the schedule really is beyond bad. You can't honestly schedule a game for 5.30 pm and expect the arena to be packed. Besides that, game 6 of the NL playoff final is tonight as well. It literally doesn't get any worse.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I mean in Switzerland we have the highest attendance in Europe. It's just that the schedule really is beyond bad. You can't honestly schedule a game for 5.30 pm and expect the arena to be packed. Besides that, game 6 of the NL playoff final is tonight as well. It literally doesn't get any worse.
I am sure TSN had something to do with the 5:30 start.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

I was at the U18 semi final game in Zug vs Finland in 2015. Arena was packed. Besides the schedule Basel is just not a hockey town.

Canada is getting by by their skill and goaltending but look suspect in other areas. I don't think they will be able to get more than a bronze medal in this tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinterland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad