U18: Quarterfinal predictions and GDT

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Screenshot_20230425_165650_Chrome.jpg

I see 3 blowouts and a potentially good Finn vs Slovakia matchup.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Latvia vs Sweden: Latvia is favorites. They won over Sweden in U18 last year.
Seriously do you keep track of how many abursd takes like this you make about Seden on here?

I've never put anyone on ignore but really can't think of a good reason not to here that's how bad this mantra has become lately.

Like the OP said 3 blowouts and then the Finland/Slovakia game.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Seriously do you keep track of how many abursd takes like this you make about Seden on here?

I've never put anyone on ignore but really can't think of a good reason not to here that's how bad this mantra has become lately.

Like the OP said 3 blowouts and then the Finland/Slovakia game.
Im not saying Sweden dont have a chance against Latvia but latvians are favorites for sure. They won over Sweden last time. And so far Sweden have not been impressing. Only reason Sweden won over Germany, Slovakia, Czechs and Canada is because getting help from the refs, im not the only one saying this, there is many users bringing up this stuff with the refs. And yet its only me getting shit for it.

Reactions: Goodman68

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Im not saying Sweden dont have a chance against Latvia but latvians are favorites for sure. They won over Sweden last time. And so far Sweden have not been impressing. Only reason Sweden won over Germany, Slovakia, Czechs and Canada is because getting help from the refs, im not the only one saying this, there is many users bringing up this stuff with the refs. And yet its only me getting shit for it.
Well at least you are consistent but everyone knows your game and it's not worth watching.

I do wonder (for about 3 seconds) what your excuse will be when the swedes handle Latvia easily but you have already given us a hint here.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Swiss Cheese and The Little Lats will get Crushed obviously. USA gets a brutal QF for a team so dominant against the Checking Republicans but they should win obviously. The Finns haven't looked good but aren't quit Finnished yet and should still beat the Sloven Slovaks.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
If Slovakia somehow beats Finland, it would have to be the least amount of players that will be drafted from a team who finishes in the top 4 in U18 history, no?

Dvorsky, Strbak, Pekarcik, Pobezal. Chromiak (big question mark)

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
USA beats Czechia by atleast a touchdown (dont know why people will think this will be close lol)

Canada wins convincingly

Sweden wins convincingly

Finland wins by like 2

no upsets happen

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
This is getting very boring. I admire your consistency, but you are not getting bored by it yourself?

View attachment 696528
I see 3 blowouts and a potentially good Finn vs Slovakia matchup.
Agreed. I think USA - CZE 8-1, FIN - SVK 4-3, CAN - SUI 9-1, SWE - LAT 5-1

Reactions: Czechboy

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This is getting very boring. I admire your consistency, but you are not getting bored by it yourself?

Did you not say yourself to me in the u18 game thread that Sweden is horrible?

And no way USA scores 8 goal on Hrabal. He is too good. 4-2 to USA would be more realistic.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Sweden will most likely lose against Latvia, this age group lost against them this season. Sweden have great defence but we cant score, it will probably end 1-0 Latvia

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden will most likely lose against Latvia, this age group lost against them this season. Sweden have great defence but we cant score, it will probably end 1-0 Latvia
Also our coach is not that good it seems. Hävelid was better.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Swe-Lat 6:1
Fin-Svk 4:2
Can-Sui 7:2
I only have two questions. If we score at least one goal and if we don't get ten.
USA-Cze 10:0

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Did you not say yourself to me in the u18 game thread that Sweden is horrible?

And no way USA scores 8 goal on Hrabal. He is too good. 4-2 to USA would be more realistic.
No, I didn’t. I said that a Swedish player dived and the first Swedish goal was preceded by massive referee error. Those are facts. At the same time, Sweden were the much better team throughout the encounter. Show me a post where I said that the Czechs played better than Sweden. Two things can be true at the same time - Sweden were the better team, but they did get their only goal besides the empty-netter following a dive and referee error. That does not change the fact that the Swedes created in that game while the Czechs played like a much lesser team: defend, defend, defend and hope for the best. That is how lesser teams in many sports - especially football, but sometimes also hockey - steal the occasional points against better opposition.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Well at least you are consistent but everyone knows your game and it's not worth watching.

I do wonder (for about 3 seconds) what your excuse will be when the swedes handle Latvia easily but you have already given us a hint here.

He's not even consistent with his trolling.

Yesterday:
more drafted players also. and swedish league is stronger than Czech league

Today:
Czech league is much stronger than Swedish league. But best leagues are NLA, KHL and Liiga in Europe.

Sadly i couldn't quote that message from yesterday since that thread is closed. But you can find it right here on this page of this forum. Thread is called "Is Czech Republic a top nation again?"

So yeah you can't even give him that.

Last edited:

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
If Slovakia somehow beats Finland, it would have to be the least amount of players that will be drafted from a team who finishes in the top 4 in U18 history, no?

Dvorsky, Strbak, Pekarcik, Pobezal. Chromiak (big question mark)
Urban has great chance to be drafted, Dej and Kukumberg might be late rounds especially if we make it to top 4.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Why Sweden over Latvia? :huh:
I mean I know it's a pipe dream and if I had to bet my own money on it, I am going with Latvia. But sometimes when you're making these predictions you gotta make one which is kind of a stretch and you end up looking smart af if the prediction turns out to be right.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad