U18: Quarterfinal predictions and GDT

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I liked Reber today. He has probably been the best of the four underagers over the whole tournament. To bad Jenni burried him on a line with some of the worst forwards on the roster.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not a strong 3rd for Canada. Will need to be MUCH better in the semis.

Nice to have some hockey to watch in the afternoon.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Swedish 3rd line has been the most impressive in terms of 5v5 in the last couple of games in my opinion. I really like how they don't try to overplay and just go hard in every situation. Nice for them to get a early goal here. Nordh showing some of his potential value, and I keep forgetting Zether is not in this years draft. With how bad next year is for sweden he might end up fighting for top dawg. Upside is the question.

Reactions: Chainshot

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Was not able to watch any of Canada games in USA but the stats sheets I saw looked like coaching staff gave reasonable equal time to all players.
time to shorten the bench. Those who came to play for the sweater should now step forward.

Reactions: jj cale

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Man, TSN just harping on the Swedes 5-on-5 scoring even after they put up 2 more in the first against Latvia.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Some defensive fumbles, especially the Sandin-Pelikka one(mother of god) and the 4thliners on the PK, but otherwise not a terrible first. Credit to Dower Nilsson for a pretty sweet assist on the 2nd goal. Hard to take to much from a game like this, but I hope for a strong effort to build on for Canada(?), a game we probably should win, but could fumble.

Man, TSN just harping on the Swedes 5-on-5 scoring even after they put up 2 more in the first against Latvia.
I kinda get it, it was to a point where you kinda wonder, and scoring against Latvia is not proof of anything(no offense, a weekend in Riga is amazing). But also, sample size is so small, and it's something we just won't know until the semis, so I don't get the point of keeping up the talking point before then.
The only actual worrisome part is the lack of consistent high-end skill individuals in my opinion. Scoring kind of has to bounce in with the style of "death by a thousand cuts", because we don't have that one player that will just dominate. Sandin-Pelikka can produce and Stenberg has some skills, but neither is game breaking. Will especially show if we make it to finals vs US. We will have to grind them to saltcorns.

Felix Nilsson would have been great to have in the top6 in this event. Great player to facilitate the wingers and having Forsfjäll on the 4th makes more sense for him and also makes rolling out the 4th not nightmare fuel against top teams.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Holy crap shots are 37 to 9 after 2. The Americans just might hit 50 if they try.

Also for the people watching, is the Czech goalie just awesome this game seeing as it's just 2 - 0? Or are many of the shots from outside?
People get waaaay too excited about shots on goal. Doesn’t necessarily mean all that much, depending on your strategy. Finland outshot Slovakia 56-16 and went home after the QF…

Reactions: Czechboy

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
People get waaaay too excited about shots on goal. Doesn’t necessarily mean all that much, depending on your strategy. Finland outshot Slovakia 56-16 and went home after the QF…
Yep same in finals last year, USA outshoot Sweden by a huge marginal, still Sweden took the gold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad