WC: Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I've just learned that Crosby has already played against Belarus in 2006, Canada lost that game 3:4. He even recalled that Andrei Mezin was in net, so Sundin, Forsberg, Lidstrom and other Swedes are not the only superstars Mezin was able to beat. Now Crosby has a chance to tie his record vs. Belarus up :)

The better Canadian goalie is gonna play for Belarus.
That's "the game of the life" for most Belarusian players and just a regular game for team Canada.
Canadians have a chance to make a whole country happy while almost no one in Canada would care even if they win a gold.
"Wayne Gretzky's father Walter Gretzky reports that his own father, an immigrant to Canada, was of consciously Belarusian landowner stock". Hey Canadians, you can make the motherland of the Great One happy. His relatives still live in Belarus, I even knew one Gretzky who lives in Minsk.
Belarus is better than France and they lost to Canada only by one Not too many reasons to be optimistic...

USA over Switzerland 4:3
Belarus over Canada 4:3 and Salo sends a friend request to Smith on facebook (heart beats brains on this one, )
Sweden over Russia 4:2
Finland over Czech Rep. 2-1

Must have been a pre-tournament warm up game, because I seem to remember the only loses in that particular tournament was against the Czechs and then to the Swedes in 1/2 final and then losing the bronze medal game to the Finns.

KlichkoBro*

Must have been a pre-tournament warm up game, because I seem to remember the only loses in that particular tournament was against the Czechs and then to the Swedes in 1/2 final and then losing the bronze medal game to the Finns.

off course. That was a pre-tournament game in Minsk and everyone is surprised he was able to recall some Belarusian players and said some nice words about the country and fans. Belarus has never beat Canada in official games.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Sigh. It was explained those were free tickets given for children.

In the final? Highly doubtful.

Oh yeah? you sure don't know the hockey intress in sthlm is pretty low:laugh: and top of that if AIK,Djurgården or Hammarby play in Allsvenskan that day you can be sure there will be pretty empty in Globen.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
off course. That was a pre-tournament game in Minsk and everyone is surprised he was able to recall some Belarusian players and said some nice words about the country and fans. Belarus has never beat Canada in official games.

I was at that tournament in 06... so I was confused...don't recall the tune up games at all... in fact there's not much I do remember about that tournament....got in with the Latvians and drank and partied a little too much.

Of course he said nice things. Sid is humble guy from working class roots in small town eastern Canada.

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
Canada-Belarus 3-5
Czech Republic-Finland 0-3
Russia-Sweden 2-4
USA-Switzerland 1-2

Finland-Belarus 2-1
Sweden-Switzerland 2-1

Finland-Sweden 6-1

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Oh yeah? you sure don't know the hockey intress in sthlm is pretty low:laugh: and top of that if AIK,Djurgården or Hammarby play in Allsvenskan that day you can be sure there will be pretty empty in Globen.

The final match is always sold out before the teams are even confirmed. Even when the tournament was hosted in Milan, the final was sold out. But hey, maybe Stockholm is just that special!

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
The final match is always sold out before the teams are even confirmed. Even when the tournament was hosted in Milan, the final was sold out. But hey, maybe Stockholm is just that special!

Okay show me that facts that the final was sold out in Milan in WC hockey

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Okay show me that facts that the final was sold out in Milan in WC hockey

Look for the videos, no empty seats there. Even Australia sold out a series of Canada-USA matches last summer at venues with a capacity between 15-20k.

And those teams mainly consisted of ECHL players.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Look for the videos, no empty seats there. Even Australia sold out a series of Canada-USA matches last summer at venues with a capacity between 15-20k.

And those teams mainly consisted of ECHL players.

So your facts is that you don't have facts good one bro:laugh: If you can't

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Sundsvall, eh? Confess it, you are basically a Finn, no true Swede would be so vehement and negative!

Say what:laugh:? No i'm not a finn my name and last name is verry Swedish

And what about Sundsvall?! do you even know where it is?

SMJK

May 12, 2015
Many finns who moved here changed to swedish names tho ;)

Slow down bro'.

Not many at all, well ... didn't sing a immigrant song your way.

You are talkin' about 400,000 or so.

Because - once a Finn always a Finn.

And proud of it.

And still keeping a low profile.

Roots bloody roots and you can't change 'em - even if you want to Sweden.

That always shine through one way or other. Look at these World Championships; Finland ain't a multimillion country - but they do have a multimillion support for sure.

How is that?

Praha 1985

Apr 24, 2015
USA 2:1
Canada 4:1
Sweden 3:2
Czech rep 2:1 - with Jagr,but without him 1:3.

So you mean that Jagr is doubtful for the game? That is relly disastrous! It would be such a shame if his international career would end like that!

SMJK

May 12, 2015
Slow down bro'.

Not many at all, well ... didn't sing a immigrant song your way.

You are talkin' about 400,000 or so.

Because - once a Finn always a Finn.

And proud of it.

And still keeping a low profile.

Roots bloody roots and you can't change 'em - even if you want to Sweden.

That always shine through one way or other. Look at these World Championships; Finland ain't a multimillion country - but they do have a multimillion support for sure.

How is that?

Red Army back then - but no more ...

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
So your facts is that you don't have facts good one bro:laugh: If you can't

Eh? I don't believe that the attendance figures of the Milan tournament are available anywhere but since there seem to be no empty seats in the footage, I guess we have no reason to believe that it was not sold out?

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Eh? I don't believe that the attendance figures of the Milan tournament are available anywhere but since there seem to be no empty seats in the footage, I guess we have no reason to believe that it was not sold out?

So you gonna say something and when i want profs you can't give me them? verry good of you to prove me wrong!

Okey if we say like this no more than hardcore hockey fans all around Europe would go and watch this game:) don't belive for a sec that a casual suporter would go and see USA vs Canada and if it was it would only be because of Sidney Crosby tbh...

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Canada-Belarus 11-1
Finland-Czech 2-1 (SO)
Switzerland-USA 2-4 (1 empty net goal)
Sweden-Russia 7-4 (2 empty net goals for Sweden)

Sweden-Russia is the hardest to predict and most interesting one, but I think Sweden will win it this time. High scoring game, both teams are better offensively then defensively and I don't like their goalies. Bobrovsky hasn't looked super and we all know Sweden has only Lundqvist who isn't even in the tournament.

Canada-Finland 4-1
USA-Sweden 5-3

Canada-USA 5-1 Gold
Finland-Sweden 3-2 (OT) Bronze

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
So you gonna say something and when i want profs you can't give me them? verry good of you to prove me wrong!

Okey if we say like this no more than hardcore hockey fans all around Europe would go and watch this game:) don't belive for a sec that a casual suporter would go and see USA vs Canada and if it was it would only be because of Sidney Crosby tbh...

Watch the ****ing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANEu7CYMG7k

Now, kindly point out where do you see a single empty seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad