Status
Not open for further replies.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Congrats to Germany

1 Period Germany was the better team
2 period pretty even
3 Period sweden was the better team

Overall it could have gone either way, but congrats to germany. They did a great game

I hope this failure for swedens leads to some real insight. But i very much doubt it. Nothing will change. They have not shown any sign of learning from failure and success in the past so why should they start doing that now?

The treatment of Dahlin was pretty horrible, why did they even bring him?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Honestly in this pseudolympics this is the best possible outcome for swedish hockey and ice hockey ib general, another nation is possibly able to gain some new interest.

Meanwhile in Sweden the SHL will have to seriously consider what has happened to the quality of the leauge and what to do about it, and Grönborg will face some serious heat for this.

Didn’t even watch a single game if this was the WHC I’d be furious but now I find myself reluctant to even watch the highlights, how’d Dahlin look?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Marjamäki and Grönborg seem like mirror images, just on different national teams. Marjamäki is leaving after this season and J.Jalonen, the best possible coach will be coming back. I'm pretty stoked about that.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Swedish Hockey Federation is so proud to have so many players in North America. But they are not able to get them to play for Tre Kronor at IIHF events.
IIHF events are shit, so who want to play those, besides OG when everyone could join, but IIHF and Bettman just sux so it aint happening ever again.

Maybe IIHF could grow some, so NHL actully pay for our players from Europe

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
WHAT?
Have you seen Finland? Or are they not 'a big nation' in your mind?
We just fail all around in all games where we could have won them with 1 shot. That 1 shot never comes.

but finland do not lose to teams like germany, slovakia and belarus. and finland do not lose with 1-6 to czech. thats the big difference.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Natt

Oct 7, 2014
Kungsholmen, Sthlm
This loss really hurt but it comforts me knowing this was our D-roster. If we lost like this with a team full of NHL 1st/2nd liners I would be extremely worried.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This loss really hurt but it comforts me knowing this was our D-roster. If we lost like this with a team full of NHL 1st/2nd liners I would be extremely worried.

how about 1998 lost to finland
how about 2002 lost to belarus
how about 2004 lost to czech with 1-6
how about 2010 lost to sloakia
how about the 2016 lost to team europe

we should all be worried, we have been shit in important games for 25 years. what other big nation have this emberassing CV as team sweden? when other big nations loses its against other big nations, they lose with honor. sweden gets owned by smaller teams all the time and i am so f***ing tired of it.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
but finland do not lose to teams like germany, slovakia and belarus. and finland do not lose with 1-6 to czech. thats the big difference.

Finland hardly ever beats Canada, while Sweden sometimes does. Finland isn't perfect like that.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Marjamäki and Grönborg seem like mirror images, just on different national teams. Marjamäki is leaving after this season and J.Jalonen, the best possible coach will be coming back. I'm pretty stoked about that.

we have nothing to look forward too. what good swedish coaches are there?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
we have nothing to look forward too. what good swedish coaches are there?

I don't know about Swedish coaches but I've thought for a while that Grönborg should be fired, since like 1-2 seasons ago. He coached Sweden to 1 WHC gold right? That must be the only reason he's still on the job. Other than that it feels like he never gets best out of the player material that he has available. It started since U20. I always thought the guy was overrated since his U20 days.

As a Fin I don't really mind our team facing weakened Sweden, so maybe they should just keep Grönborg.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
how about 1998 lost to finland
how about 2002 lost to belarus
how about 2004 lost to czech with 1-6
how about 2010 lost to sloakia
how about the 2016 lost to team europe

we should all be worried, we have been **** in important games for 25 years. what other big nation have this emberassing CV as team sweden? when other big nations loses its against other big nations, they lose with honor. sweden gets owned by smaller teams all the time and i am so ****ing tired of it.
Relax it’s not like Sweden lost a best on best QF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad