GDT: Quarterfinal: Canada-Finland

Tmu84

- Tmuussoni
Feb 2, 2011
Funland
I have a feeling this is US's year. It would do some good for the US hockey to win Gold, even if probably nobody in North America is watching this 😅

P.S. i have 2 x tickets to the Final, if someone wants to buy them, please feel free to contact me 😝

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have a feeling this is US's year. It would do some good for the US hockey to win Gold, even if probably nobody in North America is watching this 😅

P.S. i have 2 x tickets to the Final, if someone wants to buy them, please feel free to contact me 😝

The last time the US played for goal in a WC that wasn't also an Olympic year... my father was 10. He'll be 82 later this year.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That is the lot of the superior.
I became a hockey fan in the 80s through the World Championships, always hoping for a Canadian victory against the overpowering Soviets.
Great times, love the Charlie Conacher avatar too, just great.

Game is in Finland, and Canada has last change, might be a bit of an uphill climb for Latvia, even though I'm Canadian, I would be ok with watching Silovs stump us.
Well, I can't go that far,lol.............sorry.

Canadian hockey always comes first with me.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Great times, love the Charlie Conacher avatar too, just great.

Well, I can't go that far,lol.............sorry.

Canadian hockey always comes first with me.

I dunno, I used to think this tournament was pretty fun to watch, but now that even the best players that miss the playoffs aren't going anymore because of contract status etc (see Elias Pettersson) it just makes it all the more lackluster than it already was.

Seriously f--- Bettman and the league for not giving us a best on best since that farce of a world cup 7 years ago.

Reactions: Ippenator

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I dunno, I used to think this tournament was pretty fun to watch, but now that even the best players that miss the playoffs aren't going anymore because of contract status etc (see Elias Pettersson) it just makes it all the more lackluster than it already was.

Seriously f--- Bettman and the league for not giving us a best on best since that farce of a world cup 7 years ago.
I understand but look at the semis we have this year..............it's going to be a blast.

Great99

Apr 12, 2016

Best on best in 2026 Olympics , but agree some sad years with no BOB

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I don't know how to feel about this. Some disappointment sure, but not that much to be honest. Better team and better repeared team won. Very unusual but this was an upset against Canada.

Reactions: Mainiac

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
NASCAR now on TSN 2. Was there a hockey game today?
I mean, Canada's sports leader (tm) can't find a way to put a game on its main network featuring its national team playing its national sport at a world championship, in an elimination round, but has a international U20 soccer game featuring two teams with some-but-limited connection to Canada on its main network and a talk show from the US talking mostly about US-based teams in one league with no Canadian teams and only a handful of Canadian players (NFL) ... well, this is all making me f***ing furious.

And just because I am feeling cranky, I'm joining Team Chaos and cheering for a Latvia/Germany final.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mainiac

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know how to feel about this. Some disappointment sure, but not that much to be honest. Better team and better repeared team won. Very unusual but this was an upset against Canada.
I did not watch the game, but I am not sure Finnish fans should call the Canadian team better on paper. I fully expected Canada to get eliminated by the Finns 4-1, and not the other way around. One of the most mediocre teams Canada has sent to this tournament.

I was really disappointed in the number of players that declined the opportunity to play for Canada. The Finnish team was the defending champs and better on paper. European countries and fans treat this tournament like their Stanley Cup. This was actually an Upset win by Canada, because I expected them to lose this QF game. Really happy that Canada won though.

Last edited:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Never felt it with this years tournament for some reason. Maybe it was the bad (on TV) atmosphere, but the Finnish hockey federation needs to take a hard look in the mirror and ask them if that's how they want the games to look. KOTIKISAT FFS, where was the atmosphere??? Get some real fans in the stands instead of all these folks who secretly wear ties under the jersey.

Also feel a bit like winning 3 goals (counting olympics) the last 4 years and there's a certain level of "who cares" that shouldn't be there. Not saying the team had that, just the general vibe around the tournament. I guess that's what most Canadians must feel most of the time...

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad