GDT: Quarterfinal • May 12 • Finland 4, Norway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhs

May 1, 2011
Speaking of standings.... i understand there is a difference between finishing 5th and 8th

How is that decided? Points gained previously in the tourny or results from the quarter finals?

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Pelicans ruined Aaltonen. ;) Also, if Aaltonen can't score how could a grinder like Joensuu do any better job?
He probably won't, but atleast do more things to help the team other than scoring.

LtnCastillo

Registered Driver
Oct 13, 2006
Helsinski
Speaking of standings.... i understand there is a difference between finishing 5th and 8th

How is that decided? Points gained previously in the tourny or results from the quarter finals?
The QF losers are ranked by their points from the qualifying round (groups E, F).

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
They said no more starting groups next year. Two 8 team groups from the beginning. So we're going to loose that early excitement who will drop early, i don't like it :(.

Yeah we're guaranteed at least bronze. The swedish team this year is just weak ;). I hope we get Canada in the semifinal because it would make a more entertaining game imo.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Oh how I'd love to see a Pesonen - Viuhkola - Aaltonen -line in the Finnish NT some day. :)

They were overwhelming in the league a few years back. I'm a Oulu girl so I might be a little biased, but still! :yo:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
They said no more starting groups next year. Two 8 team groups from the beginning. So we're going to loose that early excitement who will drop early, i don't like it :(.

Yeah we're guaranteed at least bronze. The swedish team this year is just weak ;). I hope we get Canada in the semifinal because it would make a more entertaining game imo.

I like this much more :)

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
They were overwhelming in the league a few years back. I'm a Oulu girl so I might be a little biased, but still! :yo:
Bolded the important part.

Finland currently has pretty good depth in centers in Europe alone, so I doubt the times we'll see Viuhkola in NT are long gone. Save for maybe some odd EHT.

Also better clarify that I wasn't dissing the said combo. They were good when they were hot.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Quoted the important part.

Finland currently has pretty good depth in centers in Europe alone, so I doubt the times we'll see Viuhkola in NT are long gone. Save for maybe some odd EHT.

Yep, I agree. And Viuhkola is always injured anyway. :shakehead

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Pelicans ruined Aaltonen. ;) Also, if Aaltonen can't score how could a grinder like Joensuu do any better job?

Well, I certainly admire Aaltonen's imaginative game. That skating behind the goal when alone against the goalie is always a surprising move! Everyone is expecting a shot and there he suddenly is, behind the goal, securely with the puck, once again. One only wonders what's exactly the intension...

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
"Finnish Jagr" hasn't impressed me before the tournament and not now either and i doubt he ever will. I'd rather see Lahti instead of him.

Madude

Jan 25, 2011

Well Aaltonen has shown nothing so might just take a look at new guys. Maby bump Pihlström up and but Joensuu in 4th line to give it some size. Tbh I'd rather have Pulkkinen in there what it comes to young talent but it's Jalonen being the conservative himself.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Well Aaltonen has shown nothing so might just take a look at new guys. Maby bump Pihlström up and but Joensuu in 4th line to give it some size. Tbh I'd rather have Pulkkinen in there what it comes to young talent but it's Jalonen being the conservative himself.

Seriously bump up Pihlström? He's been the worst forward maybe after Lahti (who btw wasn't used properly).

I agree with you about Pulkkinen, he should've been in the squad.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
I meant the potential for a great comeback after a long and annoying injury. :) Viuhkola is after all a playmaker.

What I've heard, Viuhkola is coming back next season better than ever. With him we take the Trophy back where it belongs. ;)

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Finland already have enough grinders

This is so true. We need more snipers.

Win is a win but I'm not too happy with this team's performance. I hope they step it up for next games.

BTW, does anyone else think that our second line really blows? Komarov is a good player but he shouldn't be in top6, Kapanen hasn't been himself lately and I wouldn't play him in second line, and ofcourse Aaltonen has been surfing through the tournament... Third line should be line number two and the new third line should be something like Philström-Kapanen-Lajunen. 4th would be Komarov-Nokelainen-Joensuu.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
What I've heard, Viuhkola is coming back next season better than ever. With him we take the Trophy back where it belongs. ;)

Haha no way. Blues' rookies have matured one year more and they will take it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad