GDT: Quarterfinal • May 12 • Finland 4, Norway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

Good game Finland, congrats.
Good tournament Norway.

Glad to see that whoever said Norway would be outshoot was proven wrong. shots were36-34 Norway. We just were unlucky and not good enough finishing today.

Next year gentlemen! Muhahah!

Diagonaali

Jan 8, 2009
Finland
Full props to Norway, good dame. Special teams decided this one, 5 on 5 teams were pretty equal, which is quite embarrassing for Finns since Norway had only 3 defensemen for half of the game. On the other hand we have Lepistö playing so it balances it quite a bit.

Bring on Canada! :yo:

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
Canada will **** Finland.
That's the holiday spirit from me. :D

Russia is so random with it's bad and good days that anything is possible against them.

Amazed by Norway. We played crap but thankfully for once we scored when we where given a change. Something totally different when we where against Germany when we controlled the game but could not score.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Norway was a very, very tough opponent. Congrats for a great tournament, in coming years with Thoresen, Z-A and less injuries you're definately going to be in the top4 some day.

Finland's gonna have tough time with this defence in future but we'll see...

Anyway, salut Norge :handclap:

Mara

May 10, 2011
Finland is looking good for the bronze game. Beating CAN/RUS is gonna be too much. At least we can beat SWE and get a medal.

member 116805

Norway was a very, very tough opponent. Congrats for a great tournament, in coming years with Thoresen, Z-A and less injuries you're definately going to be in the top4 some day.

Finland's gonna have tough time with this defence in future but we'll see...

Anyway, salut Norge :handclap:

Thank you!
Maybe next year we can meet in the group play.. 1st game would be ok by me hehe
And good luck against canada/russia!

Soumi Finland Perkele!

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Canada will **** Finland.
That's the holiday spirit from me. :D

Russia is so random with it's bad and good days that anything is possible against them.

Agreed, Canada will bash Finland, but I think the Russians will aswell. If they do manage to win Canadians they'll have a good enough morale boost to just roll over us. Bronze is the only thing I see as achievable, but we are by far the worst team left in the tournament right now.

Stifmeister

Feb 23, 2010
Well Finland won but it wasn't an easy victory. Norway played very well when they weren't in the penalty box, as it was expected. Good game, Norway! :handclap:

So..next it's Canada? :shakehead

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Referees had many horrible calls this game. And not even talking about penalties they called, but two other things.

1. Finland scored 4th goal four-on-four under delayed penalty. Refs called the player in the box out and put the delayed penalty into effect, as it would happen if the goal is scored on power play. Finland got 26 extra seconds of power play there.

2. Calling too many men on the ice to Norway late in the game, while Norway had pulled their goaltender. Realized that mistake and penalty was not put into effect.

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Norway sure has progressed in leaps and bounds :handclap:

Yeah, onwards to the bronze game most likely... :help:

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Agreed, Canada will bash Finland, but I think the Russians will aswell. If they do manage to win Canadians they'll have a good enough morale boost to just roll over us. Bronze is the only thing I see as achievable, but we are by far the worst team left in the tournament right now.

Classical Finnish sentiments! Not a nation of optimists, are we... Anyway, these are best of one games: with a hot goalie and a bit of luck, we have a realistic shot for even the gold, but of course, usually the material will count, so it's still a longish shot. But great that once again we are playing for the medals!

happysquirrel

May 9, 2011
What a bad game from Finland and alltogether a boring game to watch.

I sure hope we see a totally different team in the next two games.

Congrats to Norway for a great tournament.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Classical Finnish sentiments! Not a nation of optimists, are we... Anyway, these are best of one games: with a hot goalie and a bit of luck, we have a realistic shot for even the gold, but of course, usually the material will count, so it's still a longish shot. But great that once again we are playing for the medals!

It's a realistic viewpoint, of course the game is not played on paper, anything can happen. But the odds for that with the material we have are extremely low. Saying anything else, is unrealistic.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

I disagree Sweden might be even worse than Finland

Madude

Jan 25, 2011
It was good game. Norway definetly had chances just couldn't score.

Like I said before the game I want to see Aaltonen gone. ****ing useless speedster with no finish. Rather give youngsters like Joensuu a chance. Also break up Salmela and Lepistö.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
I wonder about the rankings :) Since Latvia and Belarus screwed up. Perhaps we can climb on the ranking ...... :) hope so!

Don't know about the rankings but for me it seems both Norway and Denmark are ahead of Latvia and Belarus.

Latvia has been average for years and Belarus only got surplus players in addition of their three NHL stars. Both Scandinavian countries has much more depth though and Denmark with their NHL-players will be hard to beat even in the best vs. best tournaments. Same goes with Norway in some extent.

It was good game. Norway definetly had chances just couldn't score.

Like I said before the game I want to see Aaltonen gone. ****ing useless speedster with no finish. Rather give youngsters like Joensuu a chance. Also break up Salmela and Lepistö.
Pelicans ruined Aaltonen. ;) Also, if Aaltonen can't score how could a grinder like Joensuu do any better job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad