WJC: Quarter Final Talk!

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
The what? :huh:

Are you referring to the preliminary round matchup? If so, that's fallen to page 2. If you're looking for a game between them today, I have some bad news for you...
Judging by morons liking it there must be some funny part that i miss:huh:

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Despite the loss, we just have to appreciate and realize how special this generation really is. If all NHL+AHL players were available, Slovakia would have the highest drafted forward, defenseman and goalie of their respective draft classes. Crazy. It makes this loss hurt a little less even though I expected a bit more from this team...

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
USA vs Latvia:
If USA gets off to a good start we'll see double digits. If Latvia catches them off guard and plays hard... USA probably still pulls ahead in the 3rd period and wins like 5-2 or something. Latvia would need to be super clinical to pull off an upset, it's hard to see one happening. I'll predict 8-2 USA.

Sweden vs Switzerland:
Since Sweden seems content to win with less goals than other top teams and Switzerland has looked fairly solid aside from the USA game where they played their 3rd goalie and got down 5-1 early, the score may be close in this one. Sweden should still control the play and win by multiple goals. I'll say Switzerland loses a hard-fought 4-2 game, giving them hope for next year where they should be better (I think?)

Slovakia vs Finland:
A lot of things point to Slovakia being the more dangerous team but Finland won quite easily in the pre-tournament game from what I heard. Slovakia had a better preliminary round than Finland but are coming off a disappointing loss while Finland just beat Sweden. Still, I'll say Slovakia takes this 5-4 in OT.

Canada vs Czechia:
The Czechs have looked better and more efficient so far. Of course, Canada could just turn things around and suddenly start looking like a gold medal team. But I'll predict a 4-3 loss in regulation here
Hmm not bad… I believed in Switzerland but they did even better than I thought, but not enough :/

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
2 OTs and a 1 goal game decided with 11 seconds left. Quarters were closer than I thought they'd be.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
USA the only team to dominate today, and I still don't think we've seen their best game yet. Gets much tougher from here, of course.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I enjoy the historical debates but I don't think this year's Canada can beat either Sweden or the USA in the elimination rounds. It's a mediocre Canada. But there are a lot of weird things about this tournament. The Finns, for example.
As an American, a “mediocre” Canadian team is typically still scary!

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think you almost always bet against Finland (sorry, no blame). You are a lucky charm for Suomi. Now please bet for the USA (most likely game). ;)
I do? I'm a fan of the Finns. I believe you but was surprised to read that.lol. I did pick US so you're welcome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad