GDT: Quacking Up at the ACC: Ducks vs Leafs at 7:00 (hey Randy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Pouly has a point. No one can fill Polak's role in this organization. It is why I have been preaching that we need another vet RHD (a better Polak or another Hainsey) to play with Dermott. It is the only way to force Polak out of the lineup.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Pouly has a point. No one can fill Polak's role in this organization. It is why I have been preaching that we need another vet RHD (a better Polak or another Hainsey) to play with Dermott. It is the only way to force Polak out of the lineup.

I think Borman is Polak's replacement long term. I'm not surprised he's playing tonight, he was never scratched just inured.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Polak can't fill Polak's role. He's too awful at hockey

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

The team’s defense constantly looks better when Polak isn’t playing. Not just our defensemen, but the entire teams defense. Our transition game as well.

If Polak’s role is to have a negative affect on the team, than yes, we don’t have anyone quiet like him

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
oho, Mike.
sometimes you really do get in your own way sometimes.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Polak better be getting strict #6 minutes. like 12 minutes.

If he gets that, then maybe we can afford to have him as an energy player in the #6D slot, especially with Dermott playing so well.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We went 2-1, allowed 1 es goal, and outscored our opposition 10-4 without Polak in the lineup. Bringing him back because we lost is so frustrating. What happened to preaching patience?

Reactions: dsred

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
We went 2-1, allowed 1 es goal, and outscored our opposition 10-4 without Polak in the lineup. Bringing him back because we lost is so frustrating. What happened to preaching patience?

I'm pretty sure they are bringing him back because he's healthy, I don't think he ever lost the spot at least not in the mind of the coaching staff.

Reactions: PickleRick

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017

Just because you hate Polak, doesn't mean that the Leafs "panicked" or "brought him back because of a loss". He's back because he fills a role. He is a quality penalty killer and the most physical dman we have by a country mile. If he hadn't gotten sick, he would've been in the lineup anyways.

Anyone who understands the game, understands why Polak is in the lineup. Repeating "he sucks" over and over again, doesn't mean that he does.

Reactions: BTP

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Just because you hate Polak, doesn't mean that the Leafs "panicked" or "brought him back because of a loss". He's back because he fills a role. He is a quality penalty killer and the most physical dman we have by a country mile. If he hadn't gotten sick, he would've been in the lineup anyways.

Anyone who understands the game, understands why Polak is in the lineup. Repeating "he sucks" over and over again, doesn't mean that he does.
Polak's play says he sucks more than it's said on here

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
:laugh: He's not coming back because they lost.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Jonas Siegel @jonassiegel
1m
Mike Babcock on Polak: “We think Polak is an important and good player for us. He’s a real good penalty killer; we gave up two power-play goals last game. We think [the Ducks have] a real good power play even though the numbers may not look like it ... And so [Polak] fits in.”

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Babcock essentially said they think the Ducks have a good powerplay even though the numbers don’t say they do, and they think Polak is a good penalty killer so that’s why he fits in.

If the Ducks powerplay isn’t scoring goals, then how can you think they have a good powerplay?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Babcock essentially said they think the Ducks have a good powerplay even though the numbers don’t say they do, and they think Polak is a good penalty killer so that’s why he fits in.

If the Ducks powerplay isn’t scoring goals, then how can you think they have a good powerplay?
They were missing Getzlaf for a good chunk of the season and now that he's back maybe the PP has been stronger than the stats suggest? I don't know for sure, maybe someone can find those numbers.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The Leafs speed will beat them. I see the Ducks taking a bunch of penalties and the Leafs beat them with ease.

Not if the Refs have anything to say! It's more likely they'll get away with a lot of crap, and, we'll get called on every single chintzy thing the Refs supposedly see!

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Apparently it's because we let in some powerplay goals so he's a good fit

I think that's part of his justification but he was never really out of the lineup. I'm sure had he been cleared to play and we hadn't had two other defense men returning the same day he'd have played on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad