GDT: Quacking Up at the ACC: Ducks vs Leafs at 7:00 (hey Randy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kristen Shilton
@kristen_shilton

#Leafs lines at morning skate:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Brown
Komarov-Moore-Kapanen

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak
Borgman-Carrick

Polak is still on IR. He skated with Dermott before Saturday’s game too and didn’t play.

Thank the good lord above that Babock didn't panic overreact and stick Martin back in. Here's hoping Polak doesn't replace Carrick, either.

Reactions: Alfie

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
If he's playing Polak with our clear cut 3rd LD, Babcock is already penclilling him back into the lineup

Reactions: ThewThew

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
If he's playing Polak with our clear cut 3rd LD, Babcock is already penclilling him back into the lineup
Not necessarily. He did the same thing in the skate before the last game.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Maybe not literally "every single time", but the vast majority of the time.
Pittsburgh and Chicago have 5 of the last 7 Stanley cups and Tampa dominating this season with skill is proof of the fact.

Hawks are better example. Look at what our skilled forwards would face against the TB D.

Hedman 6'6" 223
Segachev 6'3" 215
Sustr 6'7" 220 lbs
Dotchin 6'3" 210
Coburn 6'5" 223
Stralman 5'11" 190
KoeKoek 6'2" 193
Girardi 6'1" 212

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hawks are better example. Look at what our skilled forwards would face against the TB D.

Hedman 6'6" 223
Segachev 6'3" 215
Sustr 6'7" 220 lbs
Dotchin 6'3" 210
Coburn 6'5" 223
Stralman 5'11" 190
KoeKoek 6'2" 193
Girardi 6'1" 212
And we were fine against them

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Someone has to go down for Polak to come off IR, has to be one of Dermott or Borgman right? There is going to be a circus if its Dermott.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Someone has to go down for Polak to come off IR, has to be one of Dermott or Borgman right? There is going to be a circus if its Dermott.

Could be someone placed on waivers too but not likely as it would be a wasted asset. Should be interested to see how they handle it. My initial thought is Dermott will be going down. It could look similar to the Nylander situation 2 years ago where he came up and looked great but they sent him down to finish off the season and dominate.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not surprised Polak is going back in.
I'd guess Dermott goes back down.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Polak is more valuable to the team right now than Dermott is. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings but it is the truth. No one can fill Polaks role in this organization. Dermott got a taste of the NHL, he did pretty well, but now it is time to send him down for some more seasoning. He is going to be a quality NHL defenseman, but he would get exposed the closer we get to the post season.

The Leafs need Polak back in the lineup ASAP.

Reactions: BTP

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They could send Borgman and/or Dermott down for the time being. I believe they need to find a spot for Sosh by the weekend.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Not necessarily. He did the same thing in the skate before the last game.
And Polak likely didn't play bc he wasn't ready to get back in the lineup over being in press box. Couple twitter guys making it sound likely
Polak is more valuable to the team right now than Dermott is. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings but it is the truth. No one can fill Polaks role in this organization. Dermott got a taste of the NHL, he did pretty well, but now it is time to send him down for some more seasoning. He is going to be a quality NHL defenseman, but he would get exposed the closer we get to the post season.

The Leafs need Polak back in the lineup ASAP.
Funny :laugh: especially the part when Dermott is prophecied get exposed even though Polak already does

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Borgman getting sent to the AHL and Carrick in the press box all so Polak can ice the puck and take penalties and allow chances in front.

Unbelievable.

Reactions: Erdinger and Alfie

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Polak comes in for the PK. I don't see how Dermott goes anywhere.

I'll leave it up to the Brass to figure out how they manage it after that but Dermott has to stay.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I can't imagine Dermott being sent down. I mean, I can actually imagine it, but I hate it and it makes no sense. He's been excellent.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Could be someone placed on waivers too but not likely as it would be a wasted asset. Should be interested to see how they handle it. My initial thought is Dermott will be going down. It could look similar to the Nylander situation 2 years ago where he came up and looked great but they sent him down to finish off the season and dominate.
I doubt that since this is a team that's ready to compete rather than tank. It'll probably be Borgman

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
1. No more trouble Bruin?
If the Leafs were looking for a silver lining as they had an off-day on Sunday and presumably tuned into the Super Bowl, it might have occurred to them that they don’t often have bad efforts in consecutive games. As good as the Bruins were on Saturday, the Leafs were bad, and it’s hard to imagine the Leafs coming with no jump versus the Ducks.

My silver lining was the Patriots losing yesterday ;)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Borgman getting sent to the AHL and Carrick in the press box all so Polak can ice the puck and take penalties and allow chances in front.

Unbelievable.
We should have never resigned him honestly. He becomes a problem every time he's able to play

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yup and failed to score a goal. In a 7 game series, it will take a toll on smaller forwards. To compensate we need a lethal PP.
It was more because of their goalie that we didn't score. Plus we weren't really scoring on anyone at the time

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Unbelievable.

As Spock would say, "That is the logical short term move".

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Preaching to the choir. I’m probably the biggest Polak hater on the board
No I think I am. And I think my biggest concern is this really looks like a panic move in response to our loss against Boston. We're fine without Polak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad