QMJHL Top-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
Here is a look,of what i consider the top 10 from the QMJHL for the 2005 NHL Draft. Looking for people thoughts, on the list and players...

1. Sidney Crosby, C (Rimouski Oceanic)
- Simply does not need explaining, if you don't know his talents go back under your rock.

2. Luc Bourdon, D (Val d’Or Foreurs)
- Blue-chip prospect, very cool under pressure, which is plenty full on the Val d'OR blueline, smooth skatking, tough in your face defender.

3. Alex Bourret, C (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
- Talanted playmaking, spark plug center with toughness and grit, strong on his skates, another few inches he'd be top 5 material.

4. Alexandre Vincent, G (Chicoutimi Sagueneens)
- Big atlethic goailie, plays and challenges the shooter, great laterial movement, covers the angles, and GREAT poise.

5. Marek Zagrapan, C (Chicoutimi Sagueneens)
- Plays bigger then his size, excellent playmaker and goal scorer, with top notch skating abilty. Major upside to this prospect

6. Jean-Philippe Levasseur, G (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies)
- Possesses great abilty, athletic, excellant lateral movement, controls his rebounds excellent.

7. Guillaume Latendresse, LW (Drummondville Voltiguers)
- Has all the tools to be a effective power forward, but his skating and work ethic has become a major question mark.

8. Jean-Philippe Paquet, D (Shawinigan Cataractes)
- 2-way defender, with strong defensive insticts, has a nack for providing offensive insticnts when called upon.

9. Slava Trukhno, RW (PEI Rocket)
- plays tough 2 way game, can generate offense and be counted on to provide a defensive checking role.

10. Marc-Andre Gragnani, D (PEI Rocket)
- mobile defender, lots of upside, sees the ice well, and makes great mature decisions, potential to be a dominating force on the point and team captian.

Others to keep a eye on...

Simon Bolduc, LW (Acadie-Bathurst Titan)
- At 6'05/225 Bolduc shows alot of potential be become a effective power forward, plays a tough game, has teffific offensive insticts and is a exceptional skater for a guy his size. his stock has been raising rapidly, keep your eye on this guy.

Mathieu Aubin, C (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
- a effective centerman who is strong on the draw, not afraid to go to the front and the net and is a superb playmaker who sees the ice well.

Oscars Bartulis, D (Moncton Wildcats)
- A defensive darkhouse... came to north america as a forward but was moved to the point in Moncton, and has quickly adjusted to the position. a stay at home defender, with great defensive awearness and a hard point shot. will gain much more expousre as Moncton continues there tear in the QMJHL standings

Last edited:

X-SHARKIE

Overall I like it!

I think Levasseur is to low and should be over Vincent though.

Bourdon is one of hell of a defenseman and i'm glad others see it, He's going to be a very steady work horse in the NHL !

Trukhno is one of my favs and I can't say enough about how hard he works and how skilled he is.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
That would be my list...

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Alex Bourret
3. Marek Zagrapan
4. Luc Bourdon
5. Alexander Vincent
6. JP Paquet
7. JP Levasseur
8. Guillaume Latendresse
9. Slava Trukhno
10. Ryan Mior

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
markov` said:
10. Ryan Mior

Mior is playing horrible... much like Jonathan Boutin while he was with Halifax... I beleave Mior has lost his confidence and the desire to play in PEI and a change in secerny will do alot for him much like it help Jonathan last year when Halifax dealt him to PEI. Here's hoping PEI will move him, to give him a chance to regain his confidence and rebuild the draft ranking to the mid-second rounder he has the talent somewhere in him to be.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Trukhno is one of my favs and I can't say enough about how hard he works and how skilled he is.

Did you catch the webcasted PEI/Halifax game on Friday? He had some amazing moves. One of the better stickhandlers in the league based on what I saw in that game (I've only seen him in person once thus far this season). Had a nice goal driving to the net. Working hard in the corners along the boards.

He's definitely a riser.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
QMJHLguru said:
- Plays bigger then his size, excellent playmaker and goal scorer, with top notch skating abilty. Major upside to this prospect

I've seen him listed at 6'1''/190lbs. That, to me, seems pretty big for a young kid. I've never seen him play, is he really that physical? Him PIM totals don't suggest alot of fighting. Does he throw alot of big hits, or play a good power game?

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
rt said:
I've seen him listed at 6'1''/190lbs. That, to me, seems pretty big for a young kid. I've never seen him play, is he really that physical? Him PIM totals don't suggest alot of fighting. Does he throw alot of big hits, or play a good power game?

He's not physical at all, he's a soft guy. He's not afraid of going in front of the net though.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
rahan said:
He's not physical at all, he's a soft guy. He's not afraid of going in front of the net though.

He's soft but unlike wimps like Brendl he can tough it out in traffic and he can backcheck.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Not a bad list, but Latendresse will go sooner than that.I like that you picked one
of my favs, Gragnani.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pretty good list:

As of December 13, 2004

01. Sidney Crosby - F - Rimouski - 5'11 190
02. Alex Bourret - F - Lewiston - 5'10 214
03. Luc Bourdon - D - Val D'or - 6'02 185
04. Alexandre Vincent - G - Chicoutimi - 6'04 195
05. Jean-Phillipe Lavasseur - G - Rouyn-Noranda - 6'00 189
06. Guillaume Latendresse - F - Drummondville - 6'02 222
07. Marek Zagrapan - F - Chicoutimi - 6'01 185
08. Slava Truhno - F - PEI - 6'01 196
09. Jean-Phillipe Paquet - D - Shawinigan - 6'02 207
10. Simon Bolduc - F - Bathurst - 6'05 222
11. Gennady Churilov - F - Quebec - 6'01 176
12. Marc-Andre Gragnani - D - PEI - 6'01 170
13. Oscars Bartulis - D - Moncton - 6'01 180
14. Francis Guerette-Charland - F - Victoriaville - 6'01 184
15. Mathieu Aubin - F - Lewiston - 6'02 178
16. Marc-Edouard Vlasic - D - Quebec - 6'00 180
17. Mathieu Roy - F - Bathurst - 6'00 190
18. Chad Denny - D - Lewiston - 6'02 214
19. Andrew Andricopoulos - D - Quebec - 6'00 177
20. Michael Korenko - D - Lewiston - 6'02 180
21. Marc-Andre Cote - F - Bathurst - 6'00 180
22. Ryan Mior - G - PEI - 6'01 180
23. Pier-Olivier Pelletier - G - Drummondville - 6'02 180
24. Francois Bolduc - D - Rimouski - 6'05 229
25. Marc-Andre Cliche - F - Lewiston - 6'01 165
26. Justin Saulnier - F - Halifax - 5'10 194
27. Jordan Clendenning - F - Bathurst - 5'11 188
28. Maxime Lincourt - F - Quebec - 6'01 197
29. Vladimir Kubus - F - Cape-Breton - 6'00 180
30. Riku Korpinen - D - PEI - 6'02 175
31. Phillipe Cote - F - Baie-Comeau - 6'01 185
32. Kenzie Sheppard - F - Halifax - 6'00 202
33. Alexandre Picard-Hooper - Baie-Comeau - 5'11 170
34. Francis Pare - F - Shawinigan - 5'09 175
35. Tyler Hawes - F - PEI - 6'03 210
36. Kristopher Letang - D - Val D'or - 5'11 188
37. Benjamin Chaisson - D - Shawinigan - 6'04 205
38. Billy Bezeau - D - PEI - 6'01 184
39. Guillaume Blouin - G - Val D'or - 5'11 186
40. Marc-Andre Doirion - D - Bathurst - 5'11 172
41. Nicolas Blanchard - F - Chicoutimi - 6'03 176
42. Maxim Noreau - D - Victoriaville - 5'11 192
43. Guillaume Lepine - D - Chicoutimi - 6'03 208
44. Dave Bouchard - F - Drummondville - 6'00 196
45. Patrick Simard - D - Baie-Comeau - 6'02 200
46. Dean Ouellet - F - Cape-Breton - 5'11 172
47. Pavel Borysenko - F - Bathurst - 6'01 180
48. Jean-Francois Brault - D - Halifax - 6'04 215
49. Julien Brouillette - D - Chicoutimi - 5'11 185
50. Phillipe Poirier - D - Bathurst - 6'06 243
51. Charles Tanguay - D - Moncton - 5'11 198
52. Patrick Bernier - F - Shawinigan - 5'11 200
53. Gaby Roch - F - Gatineau - 5'11 186
54. Jerome Samson - F - Moncton - 5'11 175
55. Maxime Pelletier - F - Val D'or - 6'02 174
56. Lucas Longpre - D - Rouyn-Noranda - 5'11 168
57. Maxime Lacroix - F - Quebec - 5'11 180
58. Brett Morrison - F - Gatineau - 5'09 162
59. Wesley Welcher - F - Moncton - 6'00 175
60. Steven Cacciotti - F - Drummondville - 5'11 195
61. Travis Coles - D - Chicoutimi - 5'10 170
62. Francis Charette - F - Rimouski - 5'06 150
63. Francis Verrault-Paul - F - Chicoutimi - 5'09 170
64. Francois Proteau - G - Cape-Breton - 5'09 164
65. Jamie Blom - D - Rimouski - 6'04 225
66. Romy Elayoubi - F - Chicoutimi - 5'11 184

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Pretty good list:

As of December 13, 2004

01. Sidney Crosby - F - Rimouski - 5'11 190
66. Romy Elayoubi - F - Chicoutimi - 5'11 184

Elayoubi... now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Tell me more about Bourdon. Is he an offensive d-man? Physical? Stay at home?

I'm intrigued at seeing a large, highly rated defenseman from the Q. What other prospect would he be compared to?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Roughneck said:
Tell me more about Bourdon. Is he an offensive d-man? Physical? Stay at home?

I'm intrigued at seeing a large, highly rated defenseman from the Q. What other prospect would he be compared to?

He is a 2 way. He isnt a bruiser and he isnt a rusher :) He just does everything well. Great skater as well and good size.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
QMJHLguru said:
Here is a look,of what i consider the top 10 from the QMJHL for the 2005 NHL Draft. Looking for people thoughts, on the list and players...

1. Sidney Crosby, C (Rimouski Oceanic)
- Simply does not need explaining, if you don't know his talents go back under your rock.

2. Luc Bourdon, D (Val d’Or Foreurs)
- Blue-chip prospect, very cool under pressure, which is plenty full on the Val d'OR blueline, smooth skatking, tough in your face defender.

3. Alex Bourret, C (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
- Talanted playmaking, spark plug center with toughness and grit, strong on his skates, another few inches he'd be top 5 material.

4. Alexandre Vincent, G (Chicoutimi Sagueneens)
- Big atlethic goailie, plays and challenges the shooter, great laterial movement, covers the angles, and GREAT poise.

6. Jean-Philippe Levasseur, G (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies)
- Possesses great abilty, athletic, excellant lateral movement, controls his rebounds excellent.

7. Guillaume Latendresse, LW (Drummondville Voltiguers)
- Has all the tools to be a effective power forward, but his skating and work ethic has become a major question mark.

8. Jean-Philippe Paquet, D (Shawinigan Cataractes)
- 2-way defender, with strong defensive insticts, has a nack for providing offensive insticnts when called upon.

9. Slava Trukhno, RW (PEI Rocket)
- plays tough 2 way game, can generate offense and be counted on to provide a defensive checking role.

10. Marc-Andre Gragnani, D (PEI Rocket)
- mobile defender, lots of upside, sees the ice well, and makes great mature decisions, potential to be a dominating force on the point and team captian.

Others to keep a eye on...

Simon Bolduc, LW (Acadie-Bathurst Titan)
- At 6'05/225 Bolduc shows alot of potential be become a effective power forward, plays a tough game, has teffific offensive insticts and is a exceptional skater for a guy his size. his stock has been raising rapidly, keep your eye on this guy.

Mathieu Aubin, C (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
- a effective centerman who is strong on the draw, not afraid to go to the front and the net and is a superb playmaker who sees the ice well.

Oscars Bartulis, D (Moncton Wildcats)
- A defensive darkhouse... came to north america as a forward but was moved to the point in Moncton, and has quickly adjusted to the position. a stay at home defender, with great defensive awearness and a hard point shot. will gain much more expousre as Moncton continues there tear in the QMJHL standings
IMO Paquet is better than Bourdon. Bourdon have the better shot of the 2 but Paquet have a way better hockey sense. And the is NO WAY he lack of offencive instinct... he always make very nice plays on the offencive rush... Hell the first time i saw i'm i tough he was an offencive D lol

You should Keep an eye on Bouchard of the Cataractes, he have all the tools Mondou have but with more determination.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Blackshad said:
IMO Paquet is better than Bourdon. Bourdon have the better shot of the 2 but Paquet have a way better hockey sense. And the is NO WAY he lack of offencive instinct... he always make very nice plays on the offencive rush... Hell the first time i saw i'm i tough he was an offencive D lol

You should Keep an eye on Bouchard of the Cataractes, he have all the tools Mondou have but with more determination.

I dont think Paquet is as skilled, or as big as Bourdon. He may have more hockey sense but Bourdon is still a smart player.

Are you talking about Dannik Bouchard?? His draft year was last year, he is an 86. Plus is small. I dont think he will be drafted.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
thanks for your contribution La-La-Laprise.... I really appreciate your lists.

I don't really get the chance to fellow the LHJMQ like I'd like too, but I do my best to get the more action as possible (I read everything I can, I went to the russia-lhjmq game in mtl, I try to catch everything possible on TV and I keep an eye on the scores). So far, I'm interested in Paquet and Gragnani for Montreal. What are your thoughts on them? Also there's two smaller forwards that look very skilled, imo if the nhl gets less physical and more open they might become great late-rounds pick in Alexandre Picard-Hooper and Francis Charette. Again, if you can tell me a little bit more about them, I'd really apreciate it. Thanks a lot.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ax²+bx+c said:
thanks for your contribution La-La-Laprise.... I really appreciate your lists.

I don't really get the chance to fellow the LHJMQ like I'd like too, but I do my best to get the more action as possible (I read everything I can, I went to the russia-lhjmq game in mtl, I try to catch everything possible on TV and I keep an eye on the scores). So far, I'm interested in Paquet and Gragnani for Montreal. What are your thoughts on them? Also there's two smaller forwards that look very skilled, imo if the nhl gets less physical and more open they might become great late-rounds pick in Alexandre Picard-Hooper and Francis Charette. Again, if you can tell me a little bit more about them, I'd really apreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Gragnani has come a long way. He has put on some weight and is the #1 dman for PEI this season and he is only 17. He is playing in all key situations and has been getting first class coaching from Alain Vigneault. I have him rated higher than most (mid 2nd round).

Picard-Hopper I am not too high on. He is a poor skater for his size. Sure he has good offensive ability, but being 5'10 and slow cant help his chances.

Charette is an amazingly gifted player but he is 5'06. That is just WAY too small to compete in higher leagues. Someone may take a late rounder flyer on him but i think he has an extremely up hill battle.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Charette is an amazingly gifted player but he is 5'06. That is just WAY too small to compete in higher leagues. Someone may take a late rounder flyer on him but i think he has an extremely up hill battle.

I kinda hope that the habs grab him in 8th or 9th round. Each time there's a small player being drafted, you hear the name of Martin St-Louis. In Charette's case, I think that he's actually skilled enough (raw skills) to have a high ceiling ala St-Louis. You never know, if the guy grows one inch and a half, puts 20 pounds of muscles and develops nicely, he could turn into a St-Louis (given that his explosiveness improves too, like it happened with St-Louis). Also, I think that the NHL will become a little bit more friendly to smaller players. There's a willingness to change the game, there's too much managers and players talking about possible changes, and being serious about it. I'm looking forward to see how they'll improve the game.

CH Wizard

My top 10 :

1.Sidney Crosby
2.Alex Bourret
3.Marek Zagrapan
4.Alexandre Vincent
5.Luc Bourdon
6.JP Levasseur
7.Guillaume Latendresse
8.JP Paquet
9. Slava Trukhno
10.Simon Bolduc

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ax²+bx+c said:
I kinda hope that the habs grab him in 8th or 9th round. Each time there's a small player being drafted, you hear the name of Martin St-Louis. In Charette's case, I think that he's actually skilled enough (raw skills) to have a high ceiling ala St-Louis. You never know, if the guy grows one inch and a half, puts 20 pounds of muscles and develops nicely, he could turn into a St-Louis (given that his explosiveness improves too, like it happened with St-Louis). Also, I think that the NHL will become a little bit more friendly to smaller players. There's a willingness to change the game, there's too much managers and players talking about possible changes, and being serious about it. I'm looking forward to see how they'll improve the game.

St Louis is extremeley strong in the lower body. Plus for every St Louis there are many other smaller guys who never make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad