Czech Republic 1-0
- R16
wde.gif
eliminated Germany 2-0
- Top goalscorer: Raheem Sterling - 3

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
People will immediately rule Ukraine out, and fair play to that because it's hard to disagree. But England are playing away from home here and will have a disruption in their pre-match for the first time because of that. So we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
People will immediately rule Ukraine out, and fair play to that because it's hard to disagree. But England are playing away from home here and will have a disruption in their pre-match for the first time because of that. So we'll see what happens.
Plus this tournament has been bananas. I wouldnt be placing bets.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
It will be a sure carnage against England. We got no chance but we already exceeded our own expectations for this tourney.

Yarmolenko was barely alive by the end and Stepanenko can only play every other game. And obviously Besedin is now gone for a long time. It will be the biggest bus ever parked by Ukraine. But we obviously could not care less

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
No doubt that England will have an advantage compared to Sweden in that they can sub on people like Grealish in the last 30 mins to hurt a tiring Ukraine.

I would be shocked if England don't win this, but I´m not sure if England are any better than Italy and Ukraine any worse than Austria. So clearly not a walkover.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
No doubt that England will have an advantage compared to Sweden in that they can sub on people like Grealish in the last 30 mins to hurt a tiring Ukraine.

I would be shocked if England don't win this, but I´m not sure if England are any better than Italy and Ukraine any worse than Austria. So clearly not a walkover.
Definitely no walkover. This will be a tight one.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Will there be any Ukraine fans here? I suppose quite a few English fans will travel here, if they're allowed without excessive quarantine rules in either direction. Italy is on UK's amber countries list at the moment, not sure what are Italy's rules regarding British.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
english people are terrified of sweden. look at historical results beetween sweden and england, sweden always played good against england.

for ukraines sake, they have to start malinovisky, why on earth did he start on the bench today.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
english people are terrified of sweden. look at historical results beetween sweden and england, sweden always played good against england.

for ukraines sake, they have to start malinovisky, why on earth did he start on the bench today.

Weird right? I wondered the same

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto

And even when he starts, Sheva does not use him at his best position. He is miles ahead of anyone in our squad in terms of creativity and thinking. And he has a lethal shot. But instead he is asked to play as a winger or stripped of his creativity. And then when he had a bad game with Austria (as the entire team) he is left on the bench.

And I really doubt his best skills will be used again against England. I do not see anything other than entire team defending and playing for penalties. God help us.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Will there be any Ukraine fans here? I suppose quite a few English fans will travel here, if they're allowed without excessive quarantine rules in either direction. Italy is on UK's amber countries list at the moment, not sure what are Italy's rules regarding British.

5 days of quarantine, in any case no tickets will be sold in England, those who want to see the game must already be in Italy. This is what I understand.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
It will be a sure carnage against England. We got no chance but we already exceeded our own expectations for this tourney.

Yarmolenko was barely alive by the end and Stepanenko can only play every other game. And obviously Besedin is now gone for a long time. It will be the biggest bus ever parked by Ukraine. But we obviously could not care less

I was going to say, what is Ukraine's injury situation? Guys were dropping like flies yesterday.

I wonder (hope?) if Southgate will drop one of Rice/Phillip's for Henderson. Both are on a yellow card and we're pretty thin on CMs since Southgate decided to use all his slots on RBs

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I think you need to stop saying the obviously terrible underdogs have a chance to beat England tbqh

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think you need to stop the obviously terrible underdogs have a chance to beat England tbqh

I heard this same s*** when I said that Austria & Switzerland could cause Italy & France problems if they brought their A-games :rolleyes:

England should absolutely win & I expect them to, but the Ukrainians can be an annoying opponent...with enough talent to upset a sleep-walking top team.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
5 days of quarantine, in any case no tickets will be sold in England, those who want to see the game must already be in Italy. This is what I understand.

Yeah, thanks. Although many English already have tickets to Rome, so it remains to be seen what they come up with. There are exceptions for the 5 days, for example if you only transit through Italy and leave within 36 hours. Maybe they can book a non-direct flight from London to some place X, which lands in Rome.

Also any English already within EU can enter Italy without quarantine, so the UK embassy in Rome is selling what's left of the English quota of tickets.

England fans with tickets to quarter final clash blast Italy's five-day quarantine rules | Daily Mail Online

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I do think there's a bit of a dangerous "Mission Accomplished" vibe to England now. All that talk of overcoming 55 years of hurt...as if that was just about Germany. Germany may have ended two of England's best shots at the semifinal stage, but England had plenty of underachieving moments in which Germany was not involved in. Could be a danger that with Germany out of the way, England now think they're pretty much guaranteed the Final at least..when they of course still have 2 games to play and win before getting there.

member 305909

If England end up winning the whole tournament we will hear about it for next at least 50 years which is not the case with any other of the remaining countries so let's hope for any other team than England winning.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It really seems fashionable to hate England and call their fans arrogant based on nothing. Kind of gives me a reason to like them. This "England are perennial underachievers" narrative is also a bit exaggerated.

Reactions: Rasmus Reichel

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
If England end up winning the whole tournament we will hear about it for next at least 50 years which is not the case with any other of the remaining countries so let's hope for any other team than England winning.

I didn't think about that....

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
It really seems fashionable to hate England and call their fans arrogant based on nothing. Kind of gives me a reason to like them. This "England are perennial underachievers" narrative is also a bit exaggerated.

I, or at least in my case, I think it is because they believe they are the center of the football universe when reality is completely different. It is very funny that they have never won anything, but it is certainly not a coincidence. In some ways they are a bit reminiscent of a certain hockey team .btw of course they are arrogant, not France level obviously..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad