Q Gold Cup - May 2-5

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
NB - U16 Update

Looks like its official.. Peter Woulds has been added to the roster. Jacob will be a loss in the skill department but Woulds should bring some size and grit. This will put more pressure on LeBlanc, Bower, Tompkins, Belec, Ward and the other skill guys to put the puck in the net.

Here is the HNB update: http://www.hnb.ca/en/home/744-male-under-16

Might drive up to see the NS game tomorrow night in Freddy. Last time these guys meet when they were U15's, NS edged NB in the gold medal game. This time both teams have some new guys, most notably for NB is Deschense... It will be interesting to see how/if that impacts the game.

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
Yes I agree other than that not much else from PEI. Other Atlantic provinces have some good talent as well

Guys to watch from NB:

Defence: Deschense, Paul, Myers, Thompson

Fowards: Leblanc, Bower, Tompkins, Ward, Belec

Goalies: This could be the mystery area for team NB, Meadows has played HS all year and Goguen has been in the US... hard to say on that one, Meadows was awesome when he was in Bantam Provincials a year ago when it was in Moncton, he didn't come with the Canadiens to the jamboree last fall.

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
Guys to watch from NB:

Defence: Deschense, Paul, Myers, Thompson

Fowards: Leblanc, Bower, Tompkins, Ward, Belec

Goalies: This could be the mystery area for team NB, Meadows has played HS all year and Goguen has been in the US... hard to say on that one, Meadows was awesome when he was in Bantam Provincials a year ago when it was in Moncton, he didn't come with the Canadiens to the jamboree last fall.

I think NB will be deeper on D than the other 3 Atlantic Provinces and there top 4 or 5 forwards as good or better than the other Atlantic teams.Nova Scotia looks like they are a little deeper at forward.Lets hope Meadows and Goguen play well that will be the x factor for team NB.

jmo

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
NS vs NB Exhibition game

Went up to Fredericton last night to watch the exhibition game, for NB they need to really pick it up. The NB defense were not good at all as a group, and many of the forwards were off. I've seen most of these kids play much better than they did, not sure what is going on with them. Deschense left the ice in the first, came back to start the second, played a shift, left again and did not return.

The bright spots were Bowers and Tompkins, the best two forwards on the night for NB. Pickard was top guy for NS, they were missing some guys from the roster, anyone know why?

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
Went up to Fredericton last night to watch the exhibition game, for NB they need to really pick it up. The NB defense were not good at all as a group, and many of the forwards were off. I've seen most of these kids play much better than they did, not sure what is going on with them. Deschense left the ice in the first, came back to start the second, played a shift, left again and did not return.

The bright spots were Bowers and Tompkins, the best two forwards on the night for NB. Pickard was top guy for NS, they were missing some guys from the roster, anyone know why?

What was the final score? Thanks

4th line hero

Mar 7, 2012

I believe there was a few guys still away, returning from the Telus Cup.
Please send along comments from the tournament; I'm curious to see how NS fares against the Que. squads as I've seen most of the competition over the years vs. Atlantic competition.

qc2nf

Jan 7, 2013
Quebec White just beat NB. Very impressive talent in the first two games.

Yotes90

Apr 27, 2013
Nova Scotia
NFLD win over NS

Team Newfoundland had a very strong first game with a 5-3 win over Nova Scotia.

Nathan Noel had an exceptional goal and was by far the best player on the ice. Adam Caines and Jordan King an Curtis Scales were 3 other fowards who played well.

Adam Holwell and Iain Gamba were a great D pair for NFLD. Holwell is a great offensive player and Gamba is great defensively and both use their size to their advantage. Riley Baggs also played well.

Colby Tower had a solid game for NS along with Cambell Pickard. The NS defense gave up too many odd man rushes to NFLD who capitalized.

Can't wait to both teams play again

Last edited:

Canada4Gold1

Oct 6, 2012
Team Newfoundland had a very strong first game with a 5-3 win over Nova Scotia.

Nathan Noel had an exceptional goal and was by far the best player on the ice. Adam Caines and Jordan King an Curtis Scales were 3 other fowards who played well.

Adam Holwell and Iain Gamba were a great D pair for NFLD. Holwell is a great defensive player and Gamba is great defensively and both use their size to their advantage. Riley Baggs also played well.

Colby Tower had a solid game for NS along with Cambell Pickard. The NS defense gave up too many odd man rushes to NFLD who capitalized.

Can't wait to both teams play again

Any news on the other games after that one? Site didn't update yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad