PWHL - Toronto team taking shape

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm not overly familiar with the names but Spooner at 23 seems like a great fit. One of my fav players over the years. And yeah not sure about Larocque at #2, passing on star young player Alina Muller.

I guess they really valued her experience. Larocque is a top notch defender... but for how long?

Seems like Toronto is heavily relying on Canada links and relationships to fill their team.
I was confused about that pick too tbh. I think it is more of an expedited build than a build from youth and all. Was very confused.

Here's hoping it's a good start and time for the league!

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
How exactly does the draft work? I see that some of the biggest stars (Poulin, Knight) have already signed with teams, is this just for players coming over from another defunct league?

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
How exactly does the draft work? I see that some of the biggest stars (Poulin, Knight) have already signed with teams, is this just for players coming over from another defunct league?
Each of the 6 teams had a 10-day window to sign 3 players, then the PWHL had a 90 player draft to give each team 18 players. All undrafted players become free agents. There's gonna be a 28 player training camp for each team, and they'll reduce to 23 players for the season.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Has anyone else been watching? I gave it a chance and it's provided decent entertainment. Obviously not near the calibre of NHL hockey but entertaining nonetheless.

Toronto started off slow but has come on as of late. The home crowds at the former Maple Leaf Gardens have been great too.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Has anyone else been watching? I gave it a chance and it's provided decent entertainment. Obviously not near the calibre of NHL hockey but entertaining nonetheless.

Toronto started off slow but has come on as of late. The home crowds at the former Maple Leaf Gardens have been great too.
It's been fun for me and I'm glad the women's game is getting attention and support. A lot of Uni friends have gone there too since my alma mater uses maple leafs garden so its been cool and said its been fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad