OT: PWHL: Ottawa Alert

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
Good trade to get rid of Boulier for a player that seems to be quite good, at least offensively. Interesting that she was dealt though as she was one of the four players on the panel at the recent season ticket holders event. I thought they might trade Roese instead as it does not seem to be working out great for her here.

Getting Darkangelo for Adzija is a no-brainer, Adzija seems like a really nice woman and works hard, but the talent level isn't there. Off year for Darkangelo but the talent is there. Too bad that Lonergan was included as she could have been an impact player, but seems like either she didn't want to play here, or doesn't want to play anymore.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Sad to see Boulier go, as she was a good top-4 D. Rose will need to step up and be more consistent now. I really like the Vanisova pick up though, she is a solid addition. We should be able to run 3 good offensive lines now.

Don't know much about Darkangelo but if she works out that is great. Adzija just never had it IMO. To weak for her size and not enough skill to be weak. If she learns to play physical though and get stronger, she will be a beast. Time will tell if that trade was smart.

It's nice to see we are pushing for playoffs and aren't sitting back and accepting a higher draft pick. Ottawa needs some playoff action and the men aren't interested in providing that it seems...

Reactions: Snowwy

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Weird schedule in that after this Saturday's game, the league goes on pause for three and a half weeks for the Women's World Championships. After March 23, Ottawa doesn't play again until April 20. It will be interesting to see how that break impacts fan interest, how the teams look coming out of it, etc. If a star player on any of the teams picks up an injury at the Worlds everything changes...

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Weird schedule in that after this Saturday's game, the league goes on pause for three and a half weeks for the Women's World Championships. After March 23, Ottawa doesn't play again until April 20. It will be interesting to see how that break impacts fan interest, how the teams look coming out of it, etc. If a star player on any of the teams picks up an injury at the Worlds everything changes...
What's Ottawa's roster exposure in the tournament like?

I also worry about players taking a month off, and starting rusty. Very awkward timing, 3/4 of the way through the regular season.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
What's Ottawa's roster exposure in the tournament like?

I also worry about players taking a month off, and starting rusty. Very awkward timing, 3/4 of the way through the regular season.
Without looking it up, i think it is the following...

Jenner
Clark
Bell
Maschmeyer

Hughes
Scamurra
Harmon

Mrazova
Tejralova
Vanisova

Shiga

Abstreiter (if Germany is in the tournament?)

Also our coach.

Overall, between this and the break they did in February for international games... kind of unprofessional IMO. Hopefully they do their schedule better next year to avoid these conflicts. I assume this will negatively impact fan interest as well as the rest of the season overlaps with NHL playoffs and is starting to get into summer. Any breaks isn't good especially when trying to build up your fan base. Need to get people in the habit of watching once or twice a week.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
Overall, between this and the break they did in February for international games... kind of unprofessional IMO.
Yeah it’s almost like they made their league schedule after the other games were scheduled.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Yeah it’s almost like they made their league schedule after the other games were scheduled.

Of course, I understand it, still think it is unprofessional, perhaps can be thrown into the pile of other "problems" they had with creating the league, such as no team names. I'll watch every game regardless, just hoping next year is a bit better, maybe a longer season as well, not sure what their plans are.

• Love
Reactions: Snowwy

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Not Ottawa but a nice crowd must have been exciting for them. They are drawing much better than first expected so far.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Not Ottawa but a nice crowd must have been exciting for them. They are drawing much better than first expected so far.

I actually looked into getting tickets, but they were sold out and only being sold second hand at ridiculous prices (at least in the GTA).

Which, I am loving!! I hope it keeps up. Because I do feel like sales have been pretty decent.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wow had no idea PWHL uses "Gold Plan" to determine draft order. The more points you get after being eliminated, the higher you draft. This is so cool.

1714238492834.png

Reactions: OD99

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca