Boston Globe PWHL Boston will play home games at Lowell’s Tsongas Center, including home opener Jan. 3

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If you haven't been keeping track, the new PWHL Boston franchise...

* Hired Danielle Marmer away from the Bruins to be the team's General Manager.

* Hired BU assistant Danielle Kessel as Head Coach. If that name sounds familiar, it's because she's Phil Kessel's sister-in-law.

* Signed F Hillary Knight, G Aerin Frankel, and D Megan Keller as their first three players.

* Boston has the 3rd pick in the PWHL Draft tomorrow night. The player that's been most frequently connected with them is former Northeastern star center Alina Muller.

Wait why does Phil Kessel’s sister in law have his last name?

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I hope their mascot/logo is a witch.
MV5BNjczYjBhMTctYTA3Yy00NTgyLWFkZWQtZjQwYTRkMDc1YTc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk5NTQzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Those jerseys show zero imagination. The white looks like a practice jersey..
Terrible look for the league. On Twitter, some are speculating that the new league didn't get around to registering trademarks for logos.

New leadership is not impressing so far. Season starts in 2 months, no rinks, no schedule, no team names, no logos. These are among the top women in all of professional hockey. They deserve so much better.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Terrible look for the league. On Twitter, some are speculating that the new league didn't get around to registering trademarks for logos.

New leadership is not impressing so far. Season starts in 2 months, no rinks, no schedule, no team names, no logos. These are among the top women in all of professional hockey. They deserve so much better.
I believe the new league owned the rights to the PHF's intellectual property, too.

I'm pretty sure they could have just used "Boston Pride".

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
All the teams have basically the same uniform. Only differences are the colors and the name of the cities. That's incredibly disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad