Boston Globe PWHL Boston will play home games at Lowell’s Tsongas Center, including home opener Jan. 3

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Boston will be one of the six original teams in the new Professional Women’s Hockey League, according to an industry source Monday night.

Along with Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, New York City, and a team in Minnesota, the new Boston team will begin play in January.

Home ice has yet to be announced, but a recent report from The Hockey News said Boston University’s Walter Brown Arena is being considered.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Boston will be one of the six original teams in the new Professional Women’s Hockey League, according to an industry source Monday night.

Along with Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, New York City, and a team in Minnesota, the new Boston team will begin play in January.

Home ice has yet to be announced, but a recent report from The Hockey News said Boston University’s Walter Brown Arena is being considered.

GOOD.

I loved the Pride. If Boston got left out I was going to be pissed.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
If you haven't been keeping track, the new PWHL Boston franchise...

* Hired Danielle Marmer away from the Bruins to be the team's General Manager.

* Hired BU assistant Danielle Kessel as Head Coach. If that name sounds familiar, it's because she's Phil Kessel's sister-in-law.

* Signed F Hillary Knight, G Aerin Frankel, and D Megan Keller as their first three players.

* Boston has the 3rd pick in the PWHL Draft tomorrow night. The player that's been most frequently connected with them is former Northeastern star center Alina Muller.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don’t know what attendance is like but I think they should have taken a page out of the USHL and picked cities with no other pro sports teams. Be the only show in town.
Is the nhl subsidizing it like basketball?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Really surprised Dempsey didn't go sooner, but Alina Muller's gonna be a star.
They should of drafted Dempsey at the spot they had. She was taken immediately after. She deserved to stay here. She's a teacher in Winthrop. Chose to stay with the Pride. It's truly a bad kook for them to say "we wanted to draft her" and then not.

She'd important. And as a Pride fan, not having her here sucks. Her going to Montreal a pick later hurts even more

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They should of drafted Dempsey at the spot they had. She was taken immediately after. She deserved to stay here. She's a teacher in Winthrop. Chose to stay with the Pride. It's truly a bad kook for them to say "we wanted to draft her" and then not.

She'd important. And as a Pride fan, not having her here sucks. Her going to Montreal a pick later hurts even more

What’s salary like for this new league? You mentioned she’s a teacher as well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
what kind of support will this get in Boston, is there a sizeable market for them? I am a fan of women`s hockey BTW, this isn`t a swipe , just curious

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
what kind of support will this get in Boston, is there a sizeable market for them? I am a fan of women`s hockey BTW, this isn`t a swipe , just curious
It remains to be seen, but I think that, if marketed correctly, they can do pretty well. The Pride had a loyal following. They played their games in Brighton at the Bruins practice rink. I'm not sure where the new team will be playing. I had heard Walter Brown arena was being considered. Now that they have the best of the best players in the world, this is their best opportunity. I think that it will work.

I wonder if we should pin this thread to keep open??

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I watched the Pride whenever they were on tv. I'll do the same for the new team.

BTW does the new team have a name yet? Logo?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I watched the Pride whenever they were on tv. I'll do the same for the new team.

BTW does the new team have a name yet? Logo?

I hope they don’t plan on keeping PWHL Boston.

Names of the teams haven't been released. Nor where they will play or the color scheme. We're all anxiously awaiting. I loved the Pride so much. It'll be an adjustment for this new team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad