GDT: PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN, HENRIK!: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Palmieri has been awesome when he’s played.

We still have him for 3 more years on a really great contract.

On pace for 60 points (in 82 games) and has one of the lower on-ice shooting percentages on the team.
It's just a shame that he's been hurt so much, because he's definitely played well when he has been.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Palmieri has been awesome when he’s played.

We still have him for 3 more years on a really great contract.

On pace for 60 points (in 82 games) and has one of the lower on-ice shooting percentages on the team.
Might be a weird comparison but as a Mets fan that watched Daniel Murphy on a lot of bad teams I always thought man I really want to see him in a playoff series. I feel the same way about Palmieri and the way he plays.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Might be a weird comparison but as a Mets fan that watched Daniel Murphy on a lot of bad teams I always thought man I really want to see him in a playoff series. I feel the same way about Palmieri and the way he plays.
I wanna see Hall in the playoffs the most. Even last night in a big game he elevated his play. That bone crushing hit on Zucc that created the first goal was awesome. He's playing more physical than ever this year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I wanna see Hall in the playoffs the most. Even last night in a big game he elevated his play. That bone crushing hit on Zucc that created the first goal was awesome. He's playing more physical than ever this year.
Hall is playing with a ton of fire this season. Last year he seemed checked out at times during the year, and it's tough to blame him with how bad we were. He sees that he has a good team around him with an actual chance at a playoff spot, and he looks determined to do anything he can to help get us there.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Hall is playing with a ton of fire this season. Last year he seemed checked out at times during the year, and it's tough to blame him with how bad we were. He sees that he has a good team around him with an actual chance at a playoff spot, and he looks determined to do anything he can to help get us there.
It looks like he’s having fun too. As silly as that Rick Flair thing was, it’s nice to see him happy. Maybe, just maybe, he’ll enjoy playing for a winner and sign a long term extension next year.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

The camera on the bench caught Hall staring at the scoreboard and nudging whoever was next to him with a "let's ****ing go" when we were down 3-2 in the middle of the 3rd.

The energy of the whole team is electric, but I do believe it starts and ends with Hall. When he's engaged like this, he's one of the more special players in the league.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I pretty much believed that Boyle was an unnecessary addition.

But the outlook has changed dramatically since the summer. I thought we would be competing for a top lottery spot, not the Division.

I thought adding a defensive veteran center made little sense when guys like Blandisi, Quenneville, Coleman and Pietila should've had that opportunity on a rebuiling team.

Yup. I was wrong. It happens every once in a while ;)

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

But the outlook has changed dramatically since the summer. I thought we would be competing for a top lottery spot, not the Division.

I thought adding a defensive veteran center made little sense when guys like Blandisi, Quenneville, Coleman and Pietila should've had that opportunity on a rebuiling team.

What he's doing is really inspiring. I can't imagine the effect it must be having on the locker room. What a perfect role model for the kids.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
it's a more casual friday than usual at work today because of the holiday, so i wore my jersey over my hoodie on my way up to my floor

everything is beautiful right now

I'm not even doing that. My work said we could wear jeans at work today, but I'm "working from home" instead.

Reactions: New Jersey

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The addition of Vatanen has been huge. I know people are going to pick on things like him being out there for some goals or having a couple of hiccups here and there, but he's a very solid player and he's unquestionably made our defense better. Anyone noticing Andy Greene as much any more? Vatanen has alleviated a lot of the pressure that was being put on our defense. No surprise to me that the team is starting to take off now that he's getting better acclimated with the system. Ray did well to get him. Fan favorite or not, Henrique was a forward on a roster deep at forward and he's due significant money in the not so distant future. Still early, but if the Devils are in the playoffs at the end of the season, I think this trade will have pushed them over the top.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

I remember you pumping Coleman's tires hard though, you were dead-on on that one.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The addition of Vatanen has been huge. I know people are going to pick on things like him being out there for some goals or having a couple of hiccups here and there, but he's a very solid player and he's unquestionably made our defense better. Anyone noticing Andy Greene as much any more? Vatanen has alleviated a lot of the pressure that was being put on our defense. No surprise to me that the team is starting to take off now that he's getting better acclimated with the system. Ray did well to get him. Fan favorite or not, Henrique was a forward on a roster deep at forward and he's due significant money in the not so distant future. Still early, but if the Devils are in the playoffs at the end of the season, I think this trade will have pushed them over the top.

I think this is an important point. Vatanen has contributed a lot just by pushing the rest of the defensemen down the depth chart. We all **** on Moore or Severson when they screw up defensively, but now they have less time to do it in.

Although I have no idea why Moore was paired with Vatanen for part of the game last night. That seems like pure madness.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Haha yeah you're beat with Boyle, but I do have to give you credit for pushing the unpopular opinion (back in ~2014) that Coleman and Wood would be consequential players for us one day.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Can anyone chop up a clip of the Coleman goal from the radio? Chico called the Rangers "brain dead" and I couldn't stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad