GDT: PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN, HENRIK!: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It isn’t much of a rivalry right now anyway. The two teams don’t hate each other nearly as much as the fans do.

I think Devils/Flyers is nastier, though we haven’t even played each other yet. Just remember last year Wood trolling on them and Gudas being a pissy f*** about it.

Reactions: mdj12784

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I honestly think he is better than just a 4th line player. I think Coleman can be a solid 3rd liner. We'll see, but it has been great to see him force his way into the lineup...and it's not like previous years where an ahl player was in our lineup out of necessity he has had a lot of competition to stay in the lineup.

I'm impressed with how much more control he seems to have. Last year I remember him flopping around on the PK to block a shot. He now picks his spots. I also noticed that he's not overskating the play like he was.

Reactions: mdj12784 and Aethon

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hall was getting amped up from that Rick Flair hype video.

y6jyQ_s-200x150.gif

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
there was a game tonight?

it almost felt like we never led by the end and they snatched a victory out of nowhere, to the point where i actually forgot we scored first and was all hyped on the shootout win from that perspective.

the ranger fans around me were stunned. good times.

Reactions: Bleedred

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
They'd have every reason to put a large number of fans in their seats. New jersey has a lot of ranger fans, and the last few years have helped their bandwagon status that it makes sense that they'd pay to go see their team play us locally, so such a crowd split isn't unreasonable, especially considering how delusional they probably are about how our skill level

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Never understood the Grabner jokes. Good depth player, will get you 20-30 goals a season when healthy.
It's in response to Devils Dominion gloating about how he was such a shrewd signing by the Rangers, despite the fact that he scored like 18 points in 80 games the season before. He's obviously not as bad as he was that season, it was just a really down year, but I don't think he's as good as he's been the last two years either.

He only scored over 30 one time before last year and it was in 10-11. Did he score 30 last year? If he didn't, he was on pace for it and missed some games. Looks like he only scored 27 last year. His shooting percentage is close to 20% over the last 2 seasons. 23,6% this year and 16.7% last year. And his career percentage is 13.2% and that's including the last two astronomically high years.

I think he's in line for a really stupid contract from someone this year. It probably won't be the Rangers, he seems like a bad investment for a team that spends to the cap.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Hahahaha

He sounds like he just wanted to bury his team a bit there.

This was among the most dominant we looked this season. We looked like trash against them the first two times we played them, but managed to look a whole lot better tonight than they did those first two games.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Just got home from the game. Great atmosphere and excitement. This team is fun to watch. They can be exasperating, but still fun. Let's not forget, they're 5-2-1 against quality teams following the debacle in Arizona.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It's in response to Devils Dominion gloating about how he was such a shrewd signing by the Rangers, despite the fact that he scored like 18 points in 80 games the season before. He's obviously not as bad as he was that season, it was just a really down year, but I don't think he's as good as he's been the last two years either.

He only scored over 30 one time before last year and it was in 10-11. Did he score 30 last year? If he didn't, he was on pace for it and missed some games. Looks like he only scored 27 last year. His shooting percentage is close to 20% over the last 2 seasons. 23,6% this year and 16.7% last year. And his career percentage is 13.2% and that's including the last two astronomically high years.

I think he's in line for a really stupid contract from someone this year. It probably won't be the Rangers, he seems like a bad investment for a team that spends to the cap.
Ohhhhhhh I see.

Henriquesque numbers. Not a bad player to have at the right cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad