GDT: PS Game 8: Blue Jackets @ Penguins | 10/8 3PM

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
First 10-12 minutes Pittsburgh looked amazing, men against boys. After that, Columbus has taken over and out-working them all over the ice.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sounds like I'm missing a solid game. Glad to hear we're finally scoring some goals though.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What a great second period. That was fun to watch. I'm sad I have to go. :(

Pens announcers are making a lot of note about the Jackets cycling the D and F back and forth, which has been making a mess of the Pens defence. I know Torts has been emphasizing it for a while now, and looks like we have the skill to pull it off.

Saad! Great play by JJ and setup by Gagner.

I loved how it exemplified the players. JJ dangles towards the net and then has zero shot accuracy in hitting his own man (might have been deflected but it's classic JJ), and then Gagner with the soft mits to put it on tape for Saad. I'm liking Gagner, we needed a soft-mits distributor up the middle.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Really looks like Gagner can make an impact. Having 3 lines that are legit offensive threats is really important in building a good team.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aside from Murray and Savard I thought we looked pretty good after the first period

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Some rust still but a good game. Finally Like what I saw. For most part anyway.
Gagner looks like a great addition of veteran quality that can play in every game situations. Solid player.

Interwebuserguy

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure why you guys are trashing on Murray. I thought he played great but mistakenly tipped that one to Malkin after having just played him as good as you can. He was the reason 3 of the goals happened or at least got the teams momentum going early on in the plays.

Also CBJs defense looks poised to make some noise for the foreseeable future. The jackets are going to be underrated this year

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Like I said a few days ago, I do not like our defensive pairings. There are a few things with the forward groups I would change, but they are fine. I think Forsberg should be our backup goaltender. With all that said, nothing is as bad as having Murray with Savard. That pairing doesn't make any sense. Murray should be with Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad