GDT: PS Game 8: Blue Jackets @ Penguins | 10/8 3PM

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
just remember the 7-1 beatdown the CBJ had on the Preds in their last preseason game last season...people calling the 71-19-20 line the best in 'hockey history' [I'm exaggerating, but you get it]....cautious optimism is the only way to go for me from here on out

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
just remember the 7-1 beatdown the CBJ had on the Preds in their last preseason game last season...people calling the 71-19-20 line the best in 'hockey history' [I'm exaggerating, but you get it]....cautious optimism is the only way to go for me from here on out

I don't see any comparison between this game and the Preds game last season.

The Preds came to the Nat, and basically went through the motions. They just showed up and played not to get hurt.

I listened to the whole game yesterday, and it was more a game of momentum changes. The Pens did not just lay down, but there were stretches where they didn't play hard. But the same can be said of the CBJ. They didn't dominate the entire game, but did in stretches.

To me yesterday was more of what you see in the pre-season when most of the regulars play. They don't really want to lose, so they will play well at times, but they aren't going to kill themselves for 60 minutes.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I don't see any comparison between this game and the Preds game last season.

The only difference I see is that I paid absolutely no attention this preseason because trying to putting any stock in it is just deluding ourselves. I won't make any judgements until around game 20 this season, well assuming the Jackets can make it to game 20 without totally falling off the rails again.

All I watched this preseason was one highlight goal.

I'll look again later to see what the last cuts are/were.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
The only difference I see is that I paid absolutely no attention this preseason because trying to putting any stock in it is just deluding ourselves. I won't make any judgements until around game 20 this season, well assuming the Jackets can make it to game 20 without totally falling off the rails again.

All I watched this preseason was one highlight goal.

I'll look again later to see what the last cuts are/were.

Trust me, I am not taking anything away from the won /loss record of the pre-season. It starts for real Thursday, and that is when we will start to get a read on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad