GDT: PS Game 4: Sharks vs Kings 7:00pm Stream on SJSharks.com

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Man this team will end up being charmin soft. Maybe they were just store brand soft the last few years. Actually kinda funny they added Duclair Hoffman and Granlund while subtracting Meier when they needed to add toughness even with Meier.

I do think now Eklund actually should be in the AHL. This team will be absolutely abysmal.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Probably going to be quite a few cuts after this one, Barracuda camp opens October 3 and Sharks seem to tighten up the roster for the last preseason games. I'm wondering if there's any surprises this year, I have no idea what they're going to do with some of these bodies.

It sucks that Rutta got hurt, but if him and Simek are out, maybe Muk can stick around for the start of the season.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Positives:

Chrona - Really good NHL (preseason) debut. A couple of rebounds, but overall looked calm and solid in net. Definitely has potential to get some game time this season if he maintains that kind of performance.

Eklund forecheck/defence - Didn't really have much time with the puck, but he was pretty impressive off the puck. He has a great active stick and read of the game. He had some good moments with the puck, but I don't think Kunin and Bordeleau are great linemates for him.

Mukhamadullin - He looked NHL ready. Reads the play well, solid on the break out, and strong defensively.

Knyzhov - I thought he looked solid. Didn't really stand out one way or the other, so I'm pretty happy with that kind of performance.

Negatives:

Hoffman - Yeah, he is going to be what I thought he was. Doesn't really offer much.

Offence - Honestly, for the differences in the two lineups, the lack of offence is extremely concerning. Don't think Rittich was tested much. Nice snipe from Tomas, but it almost seemed like that was the first time he shot the puck.

Ferraro/Benning/Vlasic - Same old play from these folk. So, yeah not worse, but hard to argue any of them look like they've improved in the off-season.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

This is interesting. I’d very much like to see Eklund make the NHL selfishly but it’s sounding more and more like he’s rounding out his game.

I’ll be honest I have not been paying very much attention at all to the preseason apart from waivers and reading here so this is good to hear.

Reactions: Sandisfan

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
2 things. 1.Duclair is faster and a lot more skilled/creative than I expected. Admittedly I haven‘t really watched a lot of Duclair I really like what I saw and wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up our best overall player. 2.Eklund and Muk look NHL ready to me. Muk is poised and intelligent out there. He always seems to be in the right spot on D. In the right spot making the smart passes and shots on offense. I’m just very excited to have a D prospect with this high of a ceiling.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
2 things. 1.Duclair is faster and a lot more skilled/creative than I expected. Admittedly I haven‘t really watched a lot of Duclair I really like what I saw and wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up our best overall player. 2.Eklund and Muk look NHL ready to me. Muk is poised and intelligent out there. He always seems to be in the right spot on D. In the right spot making the smart passes and shots on offense. I’m just very excited to have a D prospect with this high of a ceiling.
Great to hear about Mukh (I couldn't watch). It sounds from various sources like he'll probably start in the AHL but they'll tell him he's ready and they just want him to dominate down there and really dial in his professional habits before a likely mid-season call-up.

I'm kind of excited for that, and to see how Okhotiuk does in the big club (since he has to get thru waivers, it sounds like he might make it out of camp). If we get anything at all out of Okhotiuk, that's a huge win from the Meier trade that we haven't really been expecting or talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad