Providence Bruins General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
if I`m a D-man in Providence, I have my bags packed and ready to go to Boston Monday with all these injuries

Bruins may want to call up 2 and play 7 because you know we are going to lose another one, that's 4 games in a row, freaking unbelievable.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
http://www.providencebruins.com/news/detail/p-bruins-announce-first-round-schedule

P-BRUINS ANNOUNCE FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE

Providence, RI – The Providence Bruins, Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins and the American Hockey League have announced the schedule for their first round match-up in the 2017 Calder Cup Playoffs. The P-Bruins, who are the lower seed, will begin this best-of-five series at the Dunkin Donuts Center with game one on April 21 and game two on April 23.

The full schedule of games are as follows:

Game 1 – Friday, April 21, 7:05pm @ Providence

Game 2 – Sunday, April 23, 3:05pm @ Providence

Game 3 – Thursday, April 27, 7:05pm @ Wilkes-Barre Scranton

Game 4* – Friday, April 28, 7:05pm @ Wilkes-Barre Scranton

Game 5* – Sunday, Aril 30, 3:05pm @ Wilkes-Barre Scranton

*if necessary

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
They had a tough, tough schedule in the final half dozen games of the season. Mission accomplished in securing their well deserved PO spot despite slipping to the 4th slot. They get, on paper, the toughest match up with WBS but no reason what so ever to think they can't prevail in the end of they play up to their capability.

Anypme have feedback on how Gabrielle performed in his season debut?

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
They had a tough, tough schedule in the final half dozen games of the season. Mission accomplished in securing their well deserved PO spot despite slipping to the 4th slot. They get, on paper, the toughest match up with WBS but no reason what so ever to think they can't prevail in the end of they play up to their capability.

Anypme have feedback on how Gabrielle performed in his season debut?

I watched on AHL live. My feed was a bit choppy but he looked alright, playing a bit sparingly, sheltered bottom 6 minutes. Had about 3 reasonable quality scoring chances. One after whistle scrum that didn't develop. Finished cheacks, but nothing earth shattering. Wasn't verbally engaged at all, but I wouldn't expect him to be as a year end rookie in that league. He was good, not great. The team as a whole seemed off. Passes were not on the tape.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Much as we'd all love to see them, I don't think the late roster additions should play. We need to try to make a deep run. It is critical to the development of our near NHL ready prospects, I.e. O'Gara, DeBrusk, Heinen, Cehlarik, Grzelcyk and the goalies.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Much as we'd all love to see them, I don't think the late roster additions should play. We need to try to make a deep run. It is critical to the development of our near NHL ready prospects, I.e. O'Gara, DeBrusk, Heinen, Cehlarik, Grzelcyk and the goalies.

Ending the season with 4 straight losses (each one with something on the line) isn't encouraging.

Seems to me they 1.) need a bit of a shakeup, and 2.) need guys who can put pucks in the net. As luck would have it, that's the calling card of Gabrielle and Senyshyn (should be there before playoff starts), who look to be a better option than some of the guys they have. Certainly wouldn't be any worse.

Lauzon should be there as well. That would give them Grant, Cross, O'Gara, Gryz, Lauzon & Johanson

Make a checking line with Caveman, Blidh & Porter and then construct 3 scoring lines centered by Czarnik, Swarz & Meuller. Run Heinen, Cehlarik, Debrusk, Simpson, Gabrielle & Senyshyn on your wings.

Stay with Zane in net. A flubber yesterday on that shortie and a soft one from long range on the 3rd goal. The optics of 3 goals on first 8 shots are bad, but truth be told, it could have been much worse, as he did make some good saves and tracked some good scrambles to keep it respectable.

That's what I would do anyways, but you're probably right. They likely stay status quo.

Last edited:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
I watched on AHL live. My feed was a bit choppy but he looked alright, playing a bit sparingly, sheltered bottom 6 minutes. Had about 3 reasonable quality scoring chances. One after whistle scrum that didn't develop. Finished cheacks, but nothing earth shattering. Wasn't verbally engaged at all, but I wouldn't expect him to be as a year end rookie in that league. He was good, not great. The team as a whole seemed off. Passes were not on the tape.

Got his feet wet. Likely been a bit since he has seen game action. He certainly has the ability to make a contribution and help them in the PO's. A Player to watch in my view.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Ending the season with 4 straight losses (each one with something on the line) isn't encouraging.

Seems to me they 1.) need a bit of a shakeup, and 2.) need guys who can put pucks in the net. As luck would have it, that's the calling card of Gabrielle and Senyshyn (should be there before playoff starts), who look to be a better option than some of the guys they have. Certainly wouldn't be any worse.

Lauzon should be there as well. That would give them Grant, Cross, O'Gara, Gryz, Lauzon & Johanson

Make a checking line with Caveman, Blidh & Porter and then construct 3 scoring lines centered by Czarnik, Swarz & Meuller. Run Heinen, Cehlarik, Debrusk, Simpson, Gabrielle & Senyshyn on your wings.

Stay with Zane in net. A flubber yesterday on that shortie and a soft one from long range on the 3rd goal. The optics of 3 goals on first 8 shots are bad, but truth be told, it could have been much worse, as he did make some good saves and tracked some good scrambles to keep it respectable.

That's what I would do anyways, but you're probably right. They likely stay status quo.

Seth Lawrence of Prohockey lists a few players to watch in this years PO's including Zane. He certainely is capable of being a factor in the B's chances agains the regular seasons top team in the league.

"The quality of play in the AHL only gets better as the years go by, and every hockey fan owes it to him/herself to catch a local playoff game when possible. Future stars and intriguing prospects can be caught up close and personal before they make an impact in the show. In terms of who to keep an eye out for:

San Jose – Daniel O’Regan (C) – 23G 35A

Stockton – Mark Jankowski (C) – 27G 29A

Chicago – Kenny Agostino (LW) – 24G 59A

Hershey – Christian Djoos (D) – 13G 45A

Wilkes-Barre – Casey DeSmith – .926 SV% 2.01 GAA

Providence – Zane McIntyre – .930 SV% 2.03 GAA"

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/04/releases-playoff-schedule.html

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
How soon can Zachery join the P Bruins?

The same time for pretty much every player you ask this about. When their current team is eliminated. After that probably assume at least a day to get things in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad