Providence Bruins General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so if Gabrielle is possibly joining the PB`s soon, does that mean he could be called up to the big squad if need be? And no, not saying this should happen, just asking if he`s only eligible for AHL games as I truly haven`t a clue how this stuff works

thx

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
so if Gabrielle is possibly joining the PB`s soon, does that mean he could be called up to the big squad if need be? And no, not saying this should happen, just asking if he`s only eligible for AHL games as I truly haven`t a clue how this stuff works

thx

I think they usually come in on an ATO, could be wrong though.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think they usually come in on an ATO, could be wrong though.

This is the way the B's have been doing it, so they don't count towards the 50 contract limit until the Fall. Last year Carlo, Heinen. So far this year McAvoy, Fitz, Johansson, probably Gabrielle and maybe Senyshyn, Lauzon, Zboril when their seasons end (but that might not be for awhile).

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
This is the way the B's have been doing it, so they don't count towards the 50 contract limit until the Fall. Last year Carlo, Heinen. So far this year McAvoy, Fitz, Johansson, probably Gabrielle and maybe Senyshyn, Lauzon, Zboril when their seasons end (but that might not be for awhile).

Last year was Carlo, Heinen and Gabrielle.

This year is McAvoy, Fitz, Johanson & Gabrielle.

I don't see any of the kids moving from Providence to Boston this spring, but I could see a kid like Gabrielle doing what Jeff Carter did, helping the Baby B's to a Calder Cup and then sticking with Boston full time in the fall. McAvoy as well.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I would rather O'Gara.

I actually thought he was good enough in camp to win a spot (better than Liles). He's more physical than Cross and a little better skater imo.

Physical play matters in the post season. All things being equal a physical edge gets the nod for me

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
No slowing down for this version of the PB's. They are 8 and 2 in their past 10 which is currently tops in the league. Big win that created a 5 point separation over Bridgeport and places them in a tie for 2nd in their conference with 4 games remaining on they schedule. Subban responds perfectly in getting the start in a big game and posted the shut out. He and McIntyre appear to be in top form as the inch closer to the start of the PO's.

First things first though, back home today for an afternoon test with WB Scranton, the top team in the league who themselves are 7 - 2 - 0 - 1 in their past ten. Should be a good one.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
w-r-t gabrielle, curious to see how he plays this time around. from what i heard, he had a rough transition to pro hockey
last spring (which is pretty normal for most kids)...but he seems like a dude that would know that and figure out how to
get better.

by the way, is everyone else getting a weird screen view from HF?

Last edited:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
w-r-t gabrielle, curious to see how he plays this time around. from what i heard, he had a rough transition to pro hockey
last spring (which is pretty normal for most kids)...but he seems like a dude that would know that and figure out how to
get better.

by the way, is everyone else getting a weird screen view from HF?

Being a year older and wiser should help him in making the transition this time around.

As for the screen issues, yes have experienced it as well. Found logging off and signing back in reset things. Inquired one time as to why it happenes and was told it usually is related to system upgrades and or maintence work.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
As for the screen issues, yes have experienced it as well. Found logging off and signing back in reset things. Inquired one time as to why it happenes and was told it usually is related to system upgrades and or maintence work.

ahhh, thanks. that did it.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Heard the exact opposite from Divver, Cassidy and Sweeney

interesting. maybe i'm misremembering or confusing him with someone else. from what i recall, i heard he had troubles with the pace of the game when he showed up last april.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
interesting. maybe i'm misremembering or confusing him with someone else. from what i recall, i heard he had troubles with the pace of the game when he showed up last april.

Must be thinking of Naclario. Everyone in Providence seemed to be impressed with Gabrielle's energy and the way he plays the game when he was up there last spring. He wasn't used in a scoring roll. Played 4th line minutes and killed penalties. Likely same thing this time around.

Divver had a similar tweet and both Cassidy and Sweeney echoed those sentiments in their media segments on him. Cassidy went straight to the Marchand comparisons.

Last edited:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
If the big club suffers an early exit, which youngsters could potentially be sent to Providence for, hopefully, a long playoff run? Specifically, I'm wondering about JFK and potentially, Bjork. If they're both with the big club, but see little-to-no game action, it would be nice to have them get some minutes vs other pros prior to next season.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Last year was Carlo, Heinen and Gabrielle.

This year is McAvoy, Fitz, Johanson & Gabrielle.

I don't see any of the kids moving from Providence to Boston this spring, but I could see a kid like Gabrielle doing what Jeff Carter did, helping the Baby B's to a Calder Cup and then sticking with Boston full time in the fall. McAvoy as well.

Isn't that what I said? :laugh:

I didn't include Gabrielle last year because his pro contract was not kicking in during the 2016-17 season like the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad