Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I disagree. It's pretty ridiculous to say "lower your expectations" for a 1st round pick 3 games into his pro career.

He's a 1st round pick for a reason, he has high expectations because of this.

It depends what your TIMETABLE of expectations are. If you want him on the second PP unit by season's end in Boston, you might want to pump the brakes.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Providence lineup looks like a serious Calder Cup contender with the NHL team getting healthy. All of Agostino, Czarnik, JFK, Cehlarik, and Heinen down there now. I would think that something has to be brewing in the front office at this point.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It depends what your TIMETABLE of expectations are. If you want him on the second PP unit by season's end in Boston, you might want to pump the brakes.

I mean it was clear by his tone/context he didn't mean that people have too high of expectations of him, he meant that he thinks Senyshyn won't amount to much, so we should lower expectations.

That's why people jumped on him when he literally just started his AHL career, so it's far too early to be thinking that.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I mean it was clear by his tone/context he didn't mean that people have too high of expectations of him, he meant that he thinks Senyshyn won't amount to much, so we should lower expectations.

That's why people jumped on him when he literally just started his AHL career, so it's far too early to be thinking that.

But there are already guys taken after Senyshyn who are playing in the NHL. I sometimes wonder if people see that and panic. And is this really about someone thinking the kid has the 1st round talent, or the GM didn't get it right...

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
So what do the PP units look like down there? Are Zboril and Lauzon getting any play? Just wondering because I see Cross and Grzelcyk as left shots. Cross with a couple PP tallies already. Not to take anything away from those guys, but I think grooming the former is big part this teams future.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Mark Divver reports that the first line in Providence is rolling and they might be in Boston if they keep it up. They are playing the way the Bruins want, combining skill with relentless pressure on the puck. This experience will be invaluable for rookie center JFK. (Aside—this is where Spooner struggles).

Three games into the season, there is good news and bad news for the Providence Bruins.

The good news is they have arguably the top line in the AHL in Kenny Agostino, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson and Peter Cehlarik.

Now for the bad news: The chances of the trio remaining intact in Providence diminish with each dominant performance. “Enjoy it while it lasts,″ says P-Bruins assistant coach Trent Whitfield.

Springfield and Toronto, the two teams the P-Bruins have played to this point, had their hands full with the high-powered threesome. “We haven’t seen a line play at that level,″ Marlies coach Sheldon Keefe said after his team’s 3-2 win on Saturday. The Agostino-JFK-Cehlarik combo was involved in both P-Bruins goals that night and has been in on seven of Providence’s 10 goals this season.

“They are relentless. They track the crap out of pucks,” according to P-Bruins coach Jay Leach. “You’ve seen some lines in the past that just have more skill than everyone else. I’m not diminishing (the JFK line’s) skill, but the thing that they are doing so well is they just hound pucks. It’s fun to watch.”

“Kenny obviously drives that ship. For JFK, it’s a great learning tool for him to see how hard (Agostino) works and how hard he is on pucks. Peter Cehlarik, coming off an injury, to come out of the gates the way he has, it’s phenomenal. Good on him. He put in the work. He’s on a mission to get back to the NHL. If he keeps playing like this, I don’t think he’s too far away.″

Worth reading the full story:
http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...-top-line-for-p-bruins-is-off-to-torrid-start

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mark Divver reports that the first line in Providence is rolling and they might be in Boston if they keep it up. They are playing the way the Bruins want, combining skill with relentless pressure on the puck. This experience will be invaluable for rookie center JFK. (Aside—this is where Spooner struggles).

Three games into the season, there is good news and bad news for the Providence Bruins.

The good news is they have arguably the top line in the AHL in Kenny Agostino, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson and Peter Cehlarik.

Now for the bad news: The chances of the trio remaining intact in Providence diminish with each dominant performance. “Enjoy it while it lasts,″ says P-Bruins assistant coach Trent Whitfield.

Springfield and Toronto, the two teams the P-Bruins have played to this point, had their hands full with the high-powered threesome. “We haven’t seen a line play at that level,″ Marlies coach Sheldon Keefe said after his team’s 3-2 win on Saturday. The Agostino-JFK-Cehlarik combo was involved in both P-Bruins goals that night and has been in on seven of Providence’s 10 goals this season.

“They are relentless. They track the crap out of pucks,” according to P-Bruins coach Jay Leach. “You’ve seen some lines in the past that just have more skill than everyone else. I’m not diminishing (the JFK line’s) skill, but the thing that they are doing so well is they just hound pucks. It’s fun to watch.”

“Kenny obviously drives that ship. For JFK, it’s a great learning tool for him to see how hard (Agostino) works and how hard he is on pucks. Peter Cehlarik, coming off an injury, to come out of the gates the way he has, it’s phenomenal. Good on him. He put in the work. He’s on a mission to get back to the NHL. If he keeps playing like this, I don’t think he’s too far away.″

Worth reading the full story:
http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...-top-line-for-p-bruins-is-off-to-torrid-start

Thanks for posting, had no idea former and undeserved whipping boy Whitfield is an assistant there

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I disagree. It's pretty ridiculous to say "lower your expectations" for a 1st round pick 3 games into his pro career.

He's a 1st round pick for a reason, he has high expectations because of this.

I think the issue is when is it reasonable to expect those "high expectations" to bear fruit?. The NHL has any number of players of late that have stepped in as young players that have made an immediate impact (Pasta, Bergie, McDavid, Mathews, Nylander, etc., etc.). However the League is literally riddled with first round picks that took a long time to develop and many many more that never amounted to anything.

I think what you are hearing here is that many think that a couple of camps and 3 pro games is a little early to say that the "high expectations" weren't warranted.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think the issue is when is it reasonable to expect those "high expectations" to bear fruit?. The NHL has any number of players of late that have stepped in as young players that have made an immediate impact (Pasta, Bergie, McDavid, Mathews, Nylander, etc., etc.). However the League is literally riddled with first round picks that took a long time to develop and many many more that never amounted to anything.

I think what you are hearing here is that many think that a couple of camps and 3 pro games is a little early to say that the "high expectations" weren't warranted.

I think we are both saying the same thing right now, just in wildly different ways

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Woop...good stuff. Does this mean no more Beleskey?

I imagine no :( Heinen and Czarnik down, Cehlarik and Agostonio up- so an even swap-out and with Spooner out also, we'll probably have to see a good bit more of Beleskey. Once Backes and Bergeron are both back maybe he sits? Let's hope (unless he has a massive renaissance, that is)

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I imagine no :( Heinen and Czarnik down, Cehlarik and Agostonio up- so an even swap-out and with Spooner out also, we'll probably have to see a good bit more of Beleskey. Once Backes and Bergeron are both back maybe he sits? Let's hope (unless he has a massive renaissance, that is)

Cehlarik was sent down to Providence on Thursday.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
CapFriendly had the B’s listed with 15 F’s and 24 players (including Cehlarik). I assume that Spooner will be put on IR, but they didn’t have that transaction listed yet.

Can't figure out the damn multiquote- but thanks guys, makes a bit more sense now.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Will post some updates during tonight's game, as long as AHL live cooperates.

Tentative lines, per Mark Divver:

Fitzgerald-JFK-Cehlarik
Heinen-Szwarz-Czarnik
Blidh-Cave-Senyshyn
Gabrielle-Hennessy-Porter

Lauzon-Cross
Grzelcyk-Zboril
Breen-Johansson

Binnington in net, Vladar backs him up.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Will post some updates during tonight's game, as long as AHL live cooperates.

Tentative lines, per Mark Divver:

Fitzgerald-JFK-Cehlarik
Heinen-Szwarz-Czarnik
Blidh-Cave-Senyshyn
Gabrielle-Hennessy-Porter

Lauzon-Cross
Grzelcyk-Zboril
Breen-Johansson

Binnington in net, Vladar backs him up.

Malt (or anyone), how has Fitzgerald looked thus far? He seemed to really open some eyes at TC. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce