Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
A few minutes ago the SJ Barracuda announced they've assigned four guys to the Solar Bears. I had thought maybe just a d-man or two, but now I've got to put this all together.

edit: okay, the forwards were out of left field for me, but this is how I'd think the new roster goes.

bold: TB guys
italics: SJ guys

(keep 13, cut 1 after a month)
Bourke-Brassart-LeBlanc
Dunn-Somppi-BarreBoulet
Shaw-McAuley-Fournier
Fiegl-Thompson-Schoenborn
Pedersen-Lalancette-Ranger
Fitze-Siiro-Baillargeon
Olson-Lough-Kalk

(keep 8)
Valleau-Donaghey
Monfredo-Brodzinski
Boutet-Mann (or ?????)
Shoup/Struthers-????? (or Mann)

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Nice to see Orlando giving THEIR fans an opportunity to attend a home pre-season game. Too bad other parts of our organization don't feel that way, even with other local ice surface options available to them.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Nice to see Orlando giving THEIR fans an opportunity to attend a home pre-season game. Too bad other parts of our organization don't feel that way, even with other local ice surface options available to them.
This is the first time the Bears have had a home pre-season game. It only took seven seasons.

edit: OSB has signed Hunter Fejes. A key player.
10/3 take on the lineup

bold: TB players, italics: SJ players
(take 13, drop 1 after a month)

Bourke-LeBlanc-Brassart
Fejes-Somppi-Shaw
Dunn-McAuley-Fournier
Fiegl-Thompson-Schoenborn
-
Pedersen-Lalancette-Ranger
Fitze-Siiro-Kalk
Olson-Lough-Baillargeon

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

NO.LAST NAMEFIRST NAMEPOS
6LabrieHubertD
11YanDennisLW
12Barré-BouletAlexC
13KatchoukBorisLW
15AndreoffAndyLW
16SomppiOttoC
17TammelaJonneC
18RaddyshTaylorRW
19BrassartBradyC
20BourkeTroyLW
21VerhaegheCarterC
22ColtonRossC
23SpencerMatthewD
24GaunceCameronD
25FooteCalD
27MasinDominikD
39IngramConnorG
40DumontGabrielC
44CernakErikD
67StephensMitchellC
76SosunovOlegD
80PasqualeEddieG
83VolkovAlexanderLW
93ArchambaultOlivierLW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

injured: Kevin Lynch, Daniel Walcott, Ben Thomas, Michael Bournival

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I thought we were putting ABB in the E. Nice.
TB/SYR hasn't put anyone in Orlando other than Ouellette so far.

I kept ABB in my projected rosters because of the stated 5-6 guys to Orlando and the hole I was seeing on RW. They were also playing him in the rookie showcase on the off-wing.

Overage junior stars also don't pan out too often so I didn't see the AHL right away as a given.

edit: just as I posted this, Donald Money posted the second part of his two-part story on the Orlando-TB affiliation.

Part 1: Off-ice
Orlando, Tampa see positives in off-ice affiliation

Part 2: On-ice
Location key to development for Lightning, Solar Bears

BriseBois, who as assistant general manager under Steve Yzerman ran the AHL Crunch, said that he has a number of players that ideally would be sent to Orlando.
“In an ideal world, when everyone is healthy – which rarely happens – with everyone healthy you’re probably in the four to six range. It’s more of a quality over quantity philosophy,” BriseBois explained. “In an ideal world, with everyone healthy again and that never happens, they (Solar Bears) have a goalie here, maybe a left shot defenseman, a right shot defenseman and a line of forwards. That would be optimal. [However] my experience is that with injuries both at the NHL level and the AHL level, there’s always a lot of players moving from one team to the other but if we could kind of set that up, that would be great.”

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm looking over the roster and it's stupid how much young talented it has. If Joseph went back I'd argue it has potential to be one of (if not) the best AHL lineups we've ever had on paper. It's going to be interesting to see how they compare to what we had in Norfolk

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
TB/SYR hasn't put anyone in Orlando other than Ouellette so far.

I kept ABB in my projected rosters because of the stated 5-6 guys to Orlando and the hole I was seeing on RW. They were also playing him in the rookie showcase on the off-wing.

Overage junior stars also don't pan out too often so I didn't see the AHL right away as a given.

edit: just as I posted this, Donald Money posted the second part of his two-part story on the Orlando-TB affiliation.

Part 1: Off-ice
Orlando, Tampa see positives in off-ice affiliation

Part 2: On-ice
Location key to development for Lightning, Solar Bears

Unfortunately, Syracuse has a number of players that were slotted to be on the Opening Night roster on IR either from Training Camp or Off Season surgeries. As they get players back, there will be movement barring worst case scenerio throughout all levels of the organization.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Unfortunately, Syracuse has a number of players that were slotted to be on the Opening Night roster on IR either from Training Camp or Off Season surgeries. As they get players back, there will be movement barring worst case scenerio throughout all levels of the organization.
That's probably okay for right now. The Bears have more guys than they need at camp (even before getting guys from Syracuse) and several of them did pretty well in the pre-season.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Just got an email that 15 AHL games will be broadcast on NHL Network this year, and not a single one of them is a Syracuse game.

Oh, and 7 of them are Toronto games. Seems legit. I know they won the cup last year, but damn..

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just got an email that 15 AHL games will be broadcast on NHL Network this year, and not a single one of them is a Syracuse game.

Oh, and 7 of them are Toronto games. Seems legit. I know they won the cup last year, but damn..

Not surprised Toronto had a few games on their last year but one if not two of them were against the Crunch, surprised that isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia