Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://boltprospects.com/content/vasilevskiy-records-shutout-win-over-americans
Vasilevskiy finished with 34 saves for his first American Hockey League shutout in a 2-0 win over the Rochester Americans at the Onondaga County War Memorial Saturday.

"Very hard game, because if you make a mistake, it's a tie game and it's very hard," Vasilevskiy said.

Vasilevskiy credited the defense in front of him for blocking shots. When the pucks did make it through a crowd, Vasilevskiy was able to fight them off.

"We work a lot on screened shots in practice, and it helped me in the game," Vasilevskiy said.

Crunch head coach Rob Zettler said Vasilevskiy was solid.

"I don't think he was tested a bunch," Zettler said. "I think we might have held them to 10 or under scoring chances, but when he needed to be there, he was there."
Forward Philippe Paradis didn't return after getting slashed in the hand before a face-off, and captain Mike Angelidis went to the dressing room after being high sticked in the head. Angelidis tried to return with a cage, but played one shift and left the ice again.

Zettler didn't have updates on either player after the game.
"If it wasn't, it was very close to our best game of the year from start to finish," Zettler said. "I thought we were moving the puck really well, I thought we were coming out of our end really well. We played a pretty clean hockey game."
Vasilevskiy's first AHL shutout comes against Andrey Makarov, who split goaltending duties with him for Russia in the 2012 and 2013 WJCs.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Erne back to LW as Quebec added a veteran RW who played with him tonight.

When Tkachev and Duclair come back, Erne might be used as a center though.

He got a goal and an assists tonight. He was a -2, 5 hits and 6 shots on goal.

Thank you for update. His development especially on the RW is interesting because Connolly who is our third line RW has been the topic of trade speculations by the fan base due to inconsistency of play. We don't really have another RW in the system ready for NHL duty. Erne's development on the RW might just make Connolly expendable.

I'd like to see a couple of years of Erne down in the AHL...but his performance does make it very interesting for Yzerman.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Heard he's been around. Glad he seems to be recovering. Probably going to give him a coaching job after he retires I imagine.

First, great to see him back on the ice. Awesome to see Ohlund coaching the kids. We are extremely young this year and even more so next year - having him coaching the kids should prove to be valuable to their development.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
4 points last night for Point. Really hoping he makes the WJC team. Would be great experience.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Couldn't sleep, found this from Jun 26th probably regarding the Ekblad pick:
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Yzerman tells @BigDogwdae in order to move up into top part of the draft would require Drouin or Vasilevskiy, "not an option for us''

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yzerman tells @BigDogwdae in order to move up into top part of the draft would require Drouin or Vasilevskiy, "not an option for us''

I remember Tallon saying that we had made the best offer, of all the offers he'd received. I think he said something along the lines of our offer being the one that made him stop and think, and I think it came in pretty late. The fact that we weren't willing to offer either of the "big two" makes me think the deal was centered around Kucherov, who feels like the #3 prospect, but there's no way to really know. By that time we'd just signed Johnson and Palat, so I doubt they were involved. Purely a guess, but I'd say Kucherov + B prospect + one of our 1sts. It would be interesting if the offer actually came to light so we could see how it would have played out.

Ekblad looks great, but he was so NHL ready that I don't think it's much of a surprise. My concern with him was that, because he was such a man-child, I think he's going to come into the NHL a lot closer to fully formed than other D-men, so he's probably already close to as good as he'll ever be. (Obviously I could be way wrong.) That makes me a little uncomfortable with the idea of trading a guy like Kucherov for him, after what we've seen from Kuch this year, but I probably would have been okay with it back in June.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I remember Tallon saying that we had made the best offer, of all the offers he'd received. I think he said something along the lines of our offer being the one that made him stop and think, and I think it came in pretty late. The fact that we weren't willing to offer either of the "big two" makes me think the deal was centered around Kucherov, who feels like the #3 prospect, but there's no way to really know. By that time we'd just signed Johnson and Palat, so I doubt they were involved. Purely a guess, but I'd say Kucherov + B prospect + one of our 1sts. It would be interesting if the offer actually came to light so we could see how it would have played out.

Ekblad looks great, but he was so NHL ready that I don't think it's much of a surprise. My concern with him was that, because he was such a man-child, I think he's going to come into the NHL a lot closer to fully formed than other D-men, so he's probably already close to as good as he'll ever be. (Obviously I could be way wrong.) That makes me a little uncomfortable with the idea of trading a guy like Kucherov for him, after what we've seen from Kuch this year, but I probably would have been okay with it back in June.

Even if Ekblad tops out at 45-50points with a very sound defensive game that's still considerably better than a 65-70~ point forward no?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

Don't understand - why couldn't you sleep? Are you saying you'd trade Vasi or Drouin plus whatever else for Ekblad?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even if Ekblad tops out at 45-50points with a very sound defensive game that's still considerably better than a 65-70~ point forward no?

Agreed, but I still think the jury's going to be out on whether or not Ekblad can consistently be that for a few years. Most Dmen take several years to fully develop, but the ones who develop very early, particularly in their rookie years, and come to the NHL almost fully formed, they tend to peak pretty early. The two guys who immediately come to mind are Phaneuf and Myers.

Ekblad looks great, no argument there. And maybe this is just a starting point for him and he keeps evolving. But I can't think of a defenseman, particularly of his style, who that's been the case for. Maybe he's just that good, and in that case, obviously he'd be worth Kucherov+. I guess I'm just a little wary of young defensemen in general. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on, both good and bad, in their first few years in the league.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=743453
As the season rolls on for the Syracuse Crunch, sophomore defenseman Nikita Nesterov just gets better and better. Each month he has been able to increase his point totals from the previous month, and Nesterov does not show signs of stopping.
Nesterov is seen as an offensive-minded defenseman who is not afraid to join in the rush or use his shot from the point. Syracuse assistant coach Stacy Roest had high praise for the young Russian: “This year, he is basically our defensive leader down there.”
Roest also has noticed the improvements both offensively and defensively, saying that Nesterov is playing a more calm and confident game. “He’s our main guy on the power play down there, which helps,” Roest said. “He’s moving pucks better.” With more time on the first power-play unit, Nesterov will look to keep chugging along offensively.
http://boltprospects.com/content/namestnikov-making-most-return-crunch
Namestnikov understands the reasons for being sent back to the American Hockey League, and is continuing to work on improving his game to return to the Lightning.

“I’m trying to stay positive,” Namestnikov said. “If I keep working and keep improving, I think good things will happen.”
“I don’t think he has seen it as a negative,” Zettler said. “He understands the situation, which is they have extra bodies up there and they don’t want him sitting out.”

Despite being able to make an immediate impact on the Crunch, Namestnikov isn’t taking anything for granted. He plans to keep working to get back to and excel in the NHL.

“I can improve on everything,” Namestnikov said. “I’m just going to work hard in the gym and on the ice and try to provide energy.”

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nesterov strikes again. 1-0 Cuse, with Namestnikov getting an assist. What a difference a #1C makes.

Nesterov has been a very pleasant surprise though. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sryacuse-watchers, but wasn't he the guy partnered with Korobov last year?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Nesterov strikes again. 1-0 Cuse, with Namestnikov getting an assist. What a difference a #1C makes.

Nesterov has been a very pleasant surprise though. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sryacuse-watchers, but wasn't he the guy partnered with Korobov last year?

I wonder how good Namestnikov will actually end up being. A bit scary how good he was with the big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad