Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Looks like Darcy is done in CB after a brutal start.

What happened with him? 1 goal?

The Darcy we got to watch last year in CB compared to this years, is night and day.

He's playing first line, PK, PP, everything and hes playing so selfishly.

Apparently "not in his wildest dreams did he except to be back in the Q after his season last year".

Hes been released and soon to be traded from Cape Breton, hopefully he can get back to playing how I know he can. Really disappointing so far for him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Werewolf- that D is incredibly young as well as the goaltending. Have to assume they keep Cote just for experience, even if just as a 7th D, and Witkowski for that too.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
The Darcy we got to watch last year in CB compared to this years, is night and day.

He's playing first line, PK, PP, everything and hes playing so selfishly.

Apparently "not in his wildest dreams did he except to be back in the Q after his season last year".

Hes been released and soon to be traded from Cape Breton, hopefully he can get back to playing how I know he can. Really disappointing so far for him.

Was the ECHL an option for him? I guess Tampa didn't want to add another contract?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Werewolf- that D is incredibly young as well as the goaltending. Have to assume they keep Cote just for experience, even if just as a 7th D, and Witkowski for that too.

Agreed...extremely young. Other option/possibility is keeping Masin in Juniors an extra year but by all accounts he is doing a terrific job down there. This opens up a spot for Cote in the daily lineup. Both are viable but Masin I think is ready - especially after a good off-season of strength training. I think Cote has a secured spot on the roster regardless. Other veteran presence is Mormina and he is terrible.

Witkowski is 24...getting to that ***** or get off the pot sort of time-frame. He got an extended look at training camp this year. My thinking is Witko is done with his development at the AHL level - 7/8D next year would not harm him. However, if we keep him in the AHL ... Blujus/DeAngelo/Dotchin one of them has to sit and they all need to play.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Agreed...extremely young. Other option/possibility is keeping Masin in Juniors an extra year but by all accounts he is doing a terrific job down there. This opens up a spot for Cote in the daily lineup. Both are viable but Masin I think is ready - especially after a good off-season of strength training. I think Cote has a secured spot on the roster regardless. Other veteran presence is Mormina and he is terrible.

Witkowski is 24...getting to that ***** or get off the pot sort of time-frame. He got an extended look at training camp this year. My thinking is Witko is done with his development at the AHL level - 7/8D next year would not harm him. However, if we keep him in the AHL ... Blujus/DeAngelo/Dotchin one of them has to sit and they all need to play.

Haven't watched more then highlights this year, Dotchin and Blujus are putting up better numbers then Witkowski, any chance they can replace him easily next season if asked to play top pair? It doesn't make sense to have Witkowski and Barberio in the press box next season, one needs to go and with Gudas bringing what Witkowski does but better I can see him as the odd man out especially if the organization likes what Blujus and Dotchin are bringing.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Haven't watched more then highlights this year, Dotchin and Blujus are putting up better numbers then Witkowski, any chance they can replace him easily next season if asked to play top pair? It doesn't make sense to have Witkowski and Barberio in the press box next season, one needs to go and with Gudas bringing what Witkowski does but better I can see him as the odd man out especially if the organization likes what Blujus and Dotchin are bringing.

With Witkowski is not about numbers...it is about physicality and fighting. Witko is playing first line minutes w/Koekkoek, Blujus is playing second w/Cote, and Dotchin is paired up with Nesterov on the third line. As a defensive defenseman he is doing what he is supposed to do...would expect Koekkoek to be driving the points a bit more.

Blujus and Dotchin are just not ready at all. Both are 20 year olds still adjusting to the game at the AHL level - Syracuse's defense is not that great...we really don't want them playing NHL minutes this season or next.

Reason I had both of them (Barbs/Witko) in the NHL roster is for three main reasons:

1. there is a precedent of us carrying two defenders as healthy scratches.
2. there are no other veteran forward or forwards that can sit - all bad contracts are gone. No Morrow - means Brown can get that spot regularly on fourth line. There is no Center position open for Vladdy next year either and he needs to play so back to Syracuse. I thought maybe Marchessault gets the extra (healthy scratch) forward position since his development is done and can slot up and down the lineup as needed and play both Wing positions. He also got the extended look same as Witko and both are cheap RFAs who can be signed to short 2-way contracts.
3. Lefties vs Righties. So it is not really Barbs vs Witkoski - Barbs fills is on left side and Witko fills in on right side. Other healthy scratch being Marchessault.

Blujus - two way forward, Dotchin - defensive defenseman kid is rowdy and can fight, and Koekkoek - two way forward are at least two years out. Koekkoek ready one year earlier than Blujus & Dotchin. Koekkoek #3 ceiling. Dotchin third pair ceiling. Blujus is an interesting kid - can't put my finger on his ceiling just yet. The organization definitely likes what the kids bring...they are playing tons of minutes at Syracuse. But not ready at all for NHL duty.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Syracuse is up 3-0 9 minutes into the game. And take a look at this boxscore scoring summary (cut and pasted from theAHL.com):

1. SYR nah-MEHST-nick-ahv, (1) (Marchessault, Nesterov), 0:59 (PP)
1. SYR Angelidis, (7) (Smith, Gourde), 3:26
1. SYR Vermin, (6) (Nesterov, nah-MEHST-nick-ahv), 3:44

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Syracuse is up 3-0 9 minutes into the game. And take a look at this boxscore scoring summary (cut and pasted from theAHL.com):

1. SYR nah-MEHST-nick-ahv, (1) (Marchessault, Nesterov), 0:59 (PP)
1. SYR Angelidis, (7) (Smith, Gourde), 3:26
1. SYR Vermin, (6) (Nesterov, nah-MEHST-nick-ahv), 3:44

Looks like they've got... the Gud stuff

Yeaaaaah.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think an old fave of ours, Vlad Tkachev, just got traded to Adam Erne's Remparts.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Syracuse Hockey @syrhockey
Lightning scout Pushor and former defenseman Ohlund in press box tonight

Ohlund worked with Crunch Friday am as instructor. Said he might come to town later this season, but said he's not becoming a coach yet

I asked Ohlund what his current status is, but he was sort of vague with his answer.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
PETERBOROUGH PETES AT GUELPH STORM on TV tonight

The NHL network has this game on tonight if you want to see Dominik Masin. I can see why he has 41 in PIM's. 5G and 8 helpers nice but he is -16! No one else on team is worse than -8.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The NHL network has this game on tonight if you want to see Dominik Masin. I can see why he has 41 in PIM's. 5G and 8 helpers nice but he is -16! No one else on team is worse than -8.

Could be a lot of reasons for that.

Anyway, if there is a large defensive hole in his game, I trust the team to fix it.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Yeah. I just don't and have never seen it with Masin, although I do trust Al and understand that defenseman take a long time to develop.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Erne back to LW as Quebec added a veteran RW who played with him tonight.

When Tkachev and Duclair come back, Erne might be used as a center though.

He got a goal and an assists tonight. He was a -2, 5 hits and 6 shots on goal.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Just realized that Darcy's one goal on the season was on an empty net. :laugh:

Good to year about Vlad, though. Hope we can maybe snag him this time around at the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad