Prospect Info: Prospects, Marlies and Others: 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I think Korostelev's skating is fine. The only concern that I know of from last year was his lack of concern of the defensive side of the game.

His not being selected to team Russia might have some political motivation. Much like the US likes NCAA or USNDTP players over CHL players. Koroselev isn't a kid that came to the CHL with the import draft, he left Russia during Bantam hockey to develop in Canada. The Russians probably consider that a slap in the face to their hockey development programs.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
off topic but still interesting, but apparently marner and a couple other knights players go on london 97.5 every thursday and hang out, I guess they did some kind of vomit flavored jellybean contest last week or something. This week he was singing the ending of that new "hello" song and other mainstream stuff it was pretty funny (awful obviously lol)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I think Korostelev's skating is fine. The only concern that I know of from last year was his lack of concern of the defensive side of the game.

His not being selected to team Russia might have some political motivation. Much like the US likes NCAA or USNDTP players over CHL players. Koroselev isn't a kid that came to the CHL with the import draft, he left Russia during Bantam hockey to develop in Canada. The Russians probably consider that a slap in the face to their hockey development programs.

Russia NT has better (and, what also matters at U20 level, older) wingers than Korostelev, so no need to invite him. He was at the summer camp, so I believe coaches are pretty aware of what he can do and next year he should be in the conversation (if he will be doing well, of course).

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
As for Korostelev, he has all the time in the world to work on his skating, i don't know if it's his technique or core and lower body strength but whatever it is it shouldn't really big THAT big of a hinder.

I'm pretty sure you guys said the same thing about Finn, Verheague, McKegg, etc.

For every Mark Stone who makes it with less than average skating, there's like a million prospects who fail because it's a skating league.

mikebel111*

I'm pretty sure you guys said the same thing about Finn, Verheague, McKegg, etc.

For every Mark Stone who makes it with less than average skating, there's like a million prospects who fail because it's a skating league.

That's fine. However why don't we wait a couple of years and see if he improves it or not. You can't make determination on a player's weakness on whether he improves it not this quickly.
We should have a wait and see approach in regards to a weakness. Don't discount him this fast.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Not sure where to post but I was given Marlie tickets for tonight and I'm reluctantly going... Just curious what security is like in regards to bag checks etc? I heard they were ramping up security in certain leagues, wondering if they're one of them?

Thanks in advance.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not sure where to post but I was given Marlie tickets for tonight and I'm reluctantly going... Just curious what security is like in regards to bag checks etc? I heard they were ramping up security in certain leagues, wondering if they're one of them?

Thanks in advance.

As a dude they never bugged me much, but I didn't carry any bags. My girlfriend they just took a quick look in her purse. As long as you aren't trying to bring in anything you shouldn't be, it won't be an issue. That being said I haven't had a chance to go to the Ricoh this year yet, so maybe they stepped it up.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario

Thanks in advance.

What are you trying to hide?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Hockeys Future - No leafs from 11-50

Hockeys Future doesnt have a single Leaf from 11-50...

I am happy because I assume that means Marner and Nylander are both top 10 (frick yeah) but confused because I assume that means no;
Bracco
Johnson
Percy
Harington
Corrado
Dermott
Kapanen
or Brown in the top 50

Anyone else think thats weird?
They had Brown at 49 at the end of last year as he was one of the top AHL scorers, and has been just as good this year, plus a few guys will have graduated out of the bounds of being a prospect
Kapanen was #50 2 years ago.
Johnson had one of the best year ever in the SEL for people his age for the past two years, and is doing great this year.

Thoughts?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I am happy because I assume that means Marner and Nylander are both top 10 (frick yeah) but confused because I assume that means no;
Bracco
Johnson
Percy
Harington
Corrado
Dermott
Kapanen
or Brown in the top 50

They had Brown at 49 at the end of last year as he was one of the top AHL scorers, and has been just as good this year, plus a few guys will have graduated out of the bounds of being a prospect
Johnson had one of the best year ever in the SEL for people his age for the past two years, and is doing great this year.

Thoughts?

A lot of those guys would be in the 51-100 range, but there is also serious hate for Leafs prospects from that site... Just look at the rankings for our guys.

Don't assume both of Marner and Nylander is in there... Just watch.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
A lot of those guys would be in the 51-100 range, but there is also serious hate for Leafs prospects from that site... Just look at the rankings for our guys.

Don't assume both of Marner and Nylander is in there... Just watch.

I agree they dont like some prospects we have, but there is NO WAY both of those guys arent top 10.

Looking at where they have Provorov and Hanafin, looks like we will be fine (11 and 12 respectively)

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Marner, Nylander, Dzierkals, Johnson, Bracco, Piccinich, Dermott, Harrington, Percy, Loov

These are the prospects I am following as I think they may have a big impact in the NHL soon.

LeafsTop6

Jan 9, 2009
Markham

Bracco
Johnson
Percy
Harington
Corrado
Dermott
Kapanen
or Brown in the top 50

Thoughts?

As long as both marner and nylander are in the top 10 then its fine, most of the rest have big question marks or project more as 2nd line, top 4 dmen

mikebel111*

Panik Nylander Leivo
Frattin Carrick Brown
Leipsic Rupert Hyman*
Soshnikov Gauthier Kapanen

Campbell Valiev
Percy Holl
Brennan Corrado

Sparks

I get wanting to have players playing with many linemates, but why not keep Nylander and Brown together

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Bracco
Johnson
Percy
Harington
Corrado
Dermott
Kapanen
or Brown in the top 50

Thoughts?

Corrado was just on waivers, why would he be in the top 50? Dermott, Bracco was just 2nd rounders, they're not going to be top 50 yet until they develop. I don't think Johnson is there yet, Harrington no, Percy no.

That leaves Kapanen and Brown. I think Brown should probably be there, Kapanen maybe, maybe not, I'm not surprised he's not there.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Beauty goal for Rupert, nice zone entry from Valiev, and Brennan. Then Frattin passed to a open Rupert entering the zone and walked in and he sniped it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad