Prospects and Marlies Thread: Post Season and Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I keep missing kapanen in the games I catch on tsn. Dermott looks like he has an NHL future.. possibly a bright one. I'm not sure if he's a hunwick/marincin upgrade yet or not though. They might keep him in the ahl for another year regardless for the icetime and leadership. I wouldn't be opposed, even though I'm itching to see him make the jump.

If Dermott can't step in at the Hunwick level then I agree he should see more time with the Marlies.
He's bigger and smarter than Hunwick and smarter and grittier than Marincin so I am hoping it's just about him adjusting to the nhl speed level for him to make the jump.
Bottom pair to start, then slowly move him up.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yes.. (that wasn't posted yet, when I posted earlier.., thus.. the word "tomorrow" in that last tweet)

They play a lot of them, don't they (3-in-3's/ Friday night/ Saturday/Sunday)..

Maybe the AHL should be allowed to carry three goalies, so we can have more to choose for Leafs call-ups..? :sarcasm: :laugh:
Speaking of goalies, have you heard anything about Kaskisuo or Bibeau?

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Toninato's team...

Frozen Four Bound! UMD vs Boston University Highlights - Mar. 25, 2017

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Speaking of goalies, have you heard anything about Kaskisuo or Bibeau?

Yes.. They both play goal for the Marlies.. :sarcasm: :laugh:

No.. But, I know what you are alluding to.. It's Sunday, so we probably hear about who is getting called up, after noon..?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yes.. They both play goal for the Marlies.. :sarcasm: :laugh:

No.. But, I know what you are alluding to.. It's Sunday, so we probably hear about who is getting called up, after noon..?

Both play for the marlies?!?? :amazed: :laugh:
No I was wondering who was going to Orlando not that sparks is back. But as you said probably hear that after noon.

Edit
Just thought about the andersen situation. It will depend on his injury or lack there of. If he's out for any period of time one if those goalies will be up with the leafs.

Last edited:

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Just a couple stat related interests..

Andrew Nielsen may have slowed up a bit on the scoring, but he has quietly shot up to +8, putting him third on the team behind Wrenn and Campbell. Much as circumstance can play a big part, i find the leap interesting.

Andreas Johnson leads the team in Goals. He and Rychel have been PPG for a while now...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Rychel O'Reilly Griffith
Johnsson Kalinin Sislo
Leipsic Greening Kapanen
Moore Gauthier Lindberg

Dermott Oleksy
Campbell Valiev
Nielsen Holl

Sparks

Sparks starting again. Bibeau scratched. Might not even the backup goalie.
Looks like Keefe has had enough of Bibeau and really who can blame him.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies with an early lead. Greening with the goal. Assists to Kapanen and Dermott

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So it was dermott?
I'm tuning in now, just in time for the intermission

I don't know
It's different on whichever website your on

If Fehr Leivo Soshnikov are all unfit on Tuesday and you wanted to replace Smith who would you call up Salt
For the 4th line RW

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
I want Kapanen to get a look but hes still just coming off injury and i dont know how much a 4th line role would even benefit him, so i think Rychel might fit the role the best if it came to it has NHL experience already too

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I don't know
It's different on whichever website your on

If Fehr Leivo Soshnikov are all unfit on Tuesday and you wanted to replace Smith who would you call up Salt
For the 4th line RW

They verbally credited valiev on the intermission so I will give him that.

4th line sub? Probably lindberg. He is a tank, likes the physical play, skates well and can pot one when he has a good opportunity.
I love goat but when that 4th gets going on the forecheck, I love seening the bodies fly! Haha

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I want Kapanen to get a look but hes still just coming off injury and i dont know how much a 4th line role would even benefit him, so i think Rychel might fit the role the best if it came to it has NHL experience already too
I think rychel would look better in a top 9 role. It looks like that's what he is being groomed for too. That doesn't mean he couldn't do it though.
For the 4th line I think lindberg would slot in nicely.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lou and babcock watching

Crazy as this year has been for leafs i think we have a rookie of the year candidate next year in kapanen. I think hes a lock, everytime ive seen him play this year hes been lights out. Great so far today

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
They verbally credited valiev on the intermission so I will give him that.

4th line sub? Probably lindberg. He is a tank, likes the physical play, skates well and can pot one when he has a good opportunity.
I love goat but when that 4th gets going on the forecheck, I love seening the bodies fly! Haha

I wouldn't mind that
Smith is a plug and I wouldn't mind another young player with the chance to show what he's got with the blowtorch on him

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I wouldn't mind that
Smith is a plug and I wouldn't mind another young player with the chance to show what he's got with the blowtorch on him

I think lindberg would be an upgrade and more importantly be a better fit for the 4th line identity.

Crunch goalie is putting on a clinic!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Goat puts a death lock on the syr player trying to mix it up with Kapanen :laugh:
Leads to a big brew ha ha
Froese being a bit of a knob but Oleksy put him straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad