Prospect Info: Prospect Tournament

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Dallas roster:

LW Matej Blumel - C Mavrik Bourque - RW Logan Stankoven
LW Antonio Stranges - C Oskar Bäck - CR Keaton Mastrodonato
LW Ben Berard - C Brad Gardiner - RW Matthew Seminoff
LW Justin Ertel - CL Francesco Arcuri - RW Kyle McDonald (try-out)
CL Angus MacDonell - F Chase Wheatcroft (try-out)

LD Lian Bichsel 6'5 - RD Christian Kyrou 5'10
LD Tristan Bertucci 6'2 - D Artem Grushnikov 6'1
LD Ben Sloty 6'0 (try-out) - RD Gavin White 6'1
LD Jacob Murray 6'3 (try-out)

G Remi Poirier
G Bryan Thomson (try-out)

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Dallas roster:

LW Matej Blumel - C Mavrik Bourque - CRW Logan Stankoven
F Chase Wheatcroft - C Oskar Bäck - RW Kyle McDonald
LW Ben Berard - C Brad Gardiner - RW Matthew Seminoff
LW Justin Ertel - CR Angus MacDonell - CR Keaton Mastrodonato
LW/C Antonio Stranges - CL Francesco Arcuri

LD Lian Bichsel 6'5 - RD Christian Kyrou 5'10
LD Tristan Bertucci 6'2 - D Artem Grushnikov 6'1
LD Ben Sloty 6'0 - RD Gavin White 6'1
LD Jacob Murray 6'3

G Remi Poirier
G Bryan Thomson
should be easy enough..

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Only 4 teams? What happened? I thought I remember hearing another NHL team was putting on a big prospect tournament... did they steal teams away from the TC tourney?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Only 4 teams? What happened? I thought I remember hearing another NHL team was putting on a big prospect tournament... did they steal teams away from the TC tourney?
I always thought there was like 4-6 teams. I didn't think it was more?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1694639239172.png

Leafs roster.

LW Matthew Knies - C Roni Hirvonen - RW Ty Voit
LW Tyler Weiss - C Fraser Minten - RW Ryan Tverberg
LW R.Mastrosimone - C Easton Cowan - RW Max Ellis
LW Brandon Lisowsky - CR Braeden Kressler - CR Jacob Frasca
W Dmitry Ovchinnikov - F Tyson Greenway

LD Mikko Kokkonen - RD Topi Niemelä
LD Noah Chadwick - RD Mazden Leslie
LD Spencer Sova - RD Nolan Dilliangham
LD Johnny Tychonik - RD Tommy Miller
RD William Villeneuve

G Luke Cavallin
G Dennis Hildeby
G Vyacheslav Peksa

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

It's traditionally only been 4 teams. I think it's only in more recent years that they've had more.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's traditionally only been 4 teams. I think it's only in more recent years that they've had more.

With three teams it kind of works best.

They have 3-game round robin, all playing once against each other.

Then 1-2 in points go to final game and 3-4 positions play the other game.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010

It used to be 8 teams, Minnesota, Rangers, CBJ, Leafs, Dallas, and struggling on the others but it used to be 3 games and then a final game of 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8.

Um... Yanni Gourde? Only guy on this list I recognize the name of....

I can understand going through that list, but on that entire first page there are 2 that were born in 2002, and then the next birth year is 1997, and the majority is the 70's and 80's so yes the list doesn't have a ton of NHL guys on it. It also shows that it hasn't really happened recently.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

It's far more entertaining with 4+ teams. Winning the tournament is more about bragging rights and getting a look at young stars before they hit the pros than anything else.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

It was traditionally 8 teams, for a long time. Detroit, NYR, St Louis, Dallas, Minnesota, and CBJ were the cornerstones, and the other two slots kind of rotated. I think Toronto, Chicago, Carolina, along with a few others made appearances over the years. All three times I went to TC between ‘07-‘15 there were 8 teams.

No, 8 teams worked best because it made the entertainment factor of the tournament higher, especially if you attend it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
It was traditionally 8 teams, for a long time. Detroit, NYR, St Louis, Dallas, Minnesota, and CBJ were the cornerstones, and the other two slots kind of rotated. I think Toronto, Chicago, Carolina, along with a few others made appearances over the years. All three times I went to TC between ‘07-‘15 there were 8 teams.

No, 8 teams worked best because it made the entertainment factor of the tournament higher, especially if you attend it.

The tournament for the first 6-8 years was generally 4 teams. I think it was only in 2011 and later that some years had up to 8. When I would go from 2001 to 2007 or so I think there was one year it was 6 teams, but for the most part only 4.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
The tournament for the first 6-8 years was generally 4 teams. I think it was only in 2011 and later that some years had up to 8. When I would go from 2001 to 2007 or so I think there was one year it was 6 teams, but for the most part only 4.
It was 8 in 2007 for sure when I was there, and there was some historical stuff indicating 8 teams in previous years, at least the year before. Sure you haven’t had a stroke??

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Geez, you guys had me fired up about this, with Amadeus, Danielson, Mazur, Wallinder, Tuomisto, and this wildcard Melovsky...and then I google-mapped Traverse City: 4 hours 40 minutes. That's a haul.

Is there anything else to do there?

I suppose we could stop for one night in Grand Rapids and go to Max's South Seas Hideaway. So there's that. Or I'll just stay home and try to find the games online, and have a rum old-fashioned.

Reactions: Henkka

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
It was 8 in 2007 for sure when I was there, and there was some historical stuff indicating 8 teams in previous years, at least the year before. Sure you haven’t had a stroke??

I may be remembering differently. That was so damn long ago. I can’t remember when the last time I went was, but it was either 2007 or 2008? Maybe I drank away those brain cells.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Geez, you guys had me fired up about this, with Amadeus, Danielson, Mazur, Wallinder, Tuomisto, and this wildcard Melovsky...and then I google-mapped Traverse City: 4 hours 40 minutes. That's a haul.

I suppose we could stop for one night in Grand Rapids and go to Max's South Seas Hideaway. So there's that. Or I'll just stay home and try to find the games online, and have a rum old-fashioned.
Cherries, winerys, sleeping bear dunes is fairly close by too if you don't mind a little trek.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

Drinking on old lighthouse peninsula. There used to be some nice wineries and breweries up there, and it's really beautiful. Then there's also sleeping bear dunes.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Salmon fishing, they should be in the rivers. There's a canoe/kayak rental place on the Platte river at M22 bridge. Probably worth doing even if you don't fish and just want to see salmon swimming around. There's a weir that you portage the canoe/kayak around. Lots of salmon there. Haven't been there in a decade, not sure if the owners have changed, but the old owners were nice people.

Cherries, winerys, sleeping bear dunes is fairly close by too if you don't mind a little trek.
Sleeping Bear Dunes is pretty cool. FYI - glass bottles are not allowed in the park, and DNR does patrol that park. Ask me how I know, lol.

Art's Tavern in Glen Arbor is a cool little bar for a drink afterwards.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I asked about the LINES.

Everyone will already know the roster. Why is this so ignored and stone-aged thing at America?

No one knows the lines, except coaches. And no one dares to ask those from them.

At Europe, everything is kind of official 4-5 hours before the game start. At any practise tournament. People and fans are informed, it will raise hype. It's the part of marketing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad