Prospect Info: Prospect Tournament

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
if lombardi hits and stays at center, the future after larkin retires or whatever at center position would be insane...

kasper - lombardi - danielson

With lombardi's scoring skills, i'd probably rather him be on the wing to focus on that with a defensive minded center that could put up points (danielson) would be ideal.

Really hoping lombardi hits at this point. Love the name, loved some of his shots/accuracy recently, has some speed. I hate that I'm hyping him up so much in my head now...dammit.

When can i get his jersey for the wings? Lombardi #69 book it.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
if lombardi hits and stays at center, the future after larkin retires or whatever at center position would be insane...

With lombardi's scoring skills, i'd probably rather him be on the wing to focus on that with a defensive minded center that could put up points (danielson) would be ideal.

Really hoping lombardi hits at this point. Love the name, loved some of his shots/accuracy recently, has some speed. I hate that I'm hyping him up so much in my head now...dammit.

Exactly the same feelings on my side. We haven't witnessed an outlier from the later round for more than a decade or even longer. Since Franzen I guess. Our time is due and Lombardi fits right well. Hoping for Barzal like of a player.

Hey, Amadeus, you probably read this boards, so please do as divined :)

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Exactly the same feelings on my side. We haven't witnessed an outlier from the later round for more than a decade or even longer. Since Franzen I guess. Our time is due and Lombardi fits right well. Hoping for Barzal like of a player.

Hey, Amadeus, you probably read this boards, so please do as divined and make sure you choose the number 69 because this would be an unbelievably massive waste of a bought jersey. Just do it for the people. :)
fixed

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

I've been lucky enough to watch him last year a lot in Flint, I live like 30-40 mins out, he's been hyped in my head for awhile now. He was almost always clearly the best player on the ice last year, definitely the best skater.

I really think he can step in and make a difference early, but he's skinny, skinny enough to legitimately take a year to bulk up at all if he can. (Maybe he has over summer, IDK.)

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I've been lucky enough to watch him last year a lot in Flint, I live like 30-40 mins out, he's been hyped in my head for awhile now. He was almost always clearly the best player on the ice last year, definitely the best skater.

I really think he can step in and make a difference early, but he's skinny, skinny enough to legitimately take a year to bulk up at all if he can. (Maybe he has over summer, IDK.)
Well hey, if he goes wing instead of center, he doesn't have to get too large if he plays like Kane :OOOOOOOO

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Jackets' something like this:

Voronkov - Fantilli - Dumais
Malatesta - Del Bel Belluz - Pinelli
Pyyhtiä - McKeown - Butler
Peddle - McGurn (try-out) - Rysavy
------------------
F Justin Pearson, 25y
RW Ozzy Wiesblatt (try-out)
C Kocha Delic (try-out)

LD Svozil - RD Jiricek
LD Mateychuk - RD Ceulemans
LD Knazko - RD Roger (try-out)
-----------------------
LD Kinniburgh (try-out)
LD Deangelis (try-out)

G Lalonde
G Cajan

1694428753956.png

Reactions: lilidk

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Jackets' something like this:

Voronkov - Fantilli - Dumais
Malatesta - Del Bel Belluz - Pinelli
Pyyhtiä - McKeown - Butler
Peddle - McGurn (try-out) - Rysavy
------------------
F Justin Pearson, 25y
RW Ozzy Wiesblatt (try-out)
C Kocha Delic (try-out)

LD Svozil - RD Jiricek
LD Mateychuk - RD Ceulemans
LD Knazko - RD Roger (try-out)
-----------------------
LD Kinniburgh (try-out)
LD Deangelis (try-out)

G Lalonde
G Cajan

View attachment 742213
God do I want Danielson and Kasper just to body Fantili and bring him back to earth.

By body I mean just outwork him and make him look like a 3rd rounder. If it's true that Danielson just made Bedard have so many fits playing against each other than Fantili should be a little easier. Not to mention Kasper seems to know how to get under the skin of people.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
God do I want Danielson and Kasper just to body Fantili and bring him back to earth.

By body I mean just outwork him and make him look like a 3rd rounder. If it's true that Danielson just made Bedard have so many fits playing against each other than Fantili should be a little easier. Not to mention Kasper seems to know how to get under the skin of people.
Maybe Mazur - Kasper- Lombardi will be good answer to Fantili

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Danielson will neutralize Fantilli
Kasper will grind out Del Bel Belluz

And Lombardi will fool out those Bottom6 centers...

There's a game plan.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Maybe Mazur - Kasper- Lombardi will be good answer to Fantili
Is Lombardi going to transition to wing like he may need to already? I do like that line though. Two-way center with a gritty winger that likes to f*ck around and find out with a pretty good shooter (hesitant on calling him a sniper just yet because my expectations are already way to fuc*ing high on Lombardi and i hate it because of the utter destruction path that I will be lead through)

Reactions: lilidk

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Alexandre Doucet is a guy I think will shine and surprise a lot of people. The kids got talent, he's a late bloomer, and puts the puck in the net. If they play him with Danielson or Kasper, watch out, this kid will score a lot in this tournament.

Reactions: 13to40

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Alexandre Doucet is a guy I think will shine and surprise a lot of people. The kids got talent, he's a late bloomer, and puts the puck in the net. If they play him with Danielson or Kasper, watch out, this kid will score a lot in this tournament.
Doucet is solid.

His "knock" is that he was an older player/prospect producing in the QMJHL. Older guy (20's) playing against younger players, 19/18/17-year-olds.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Doucet is solid.

His "knock" is that he was an older player/prospect producing in the QMJHL. Older guy (20's) playing against younger players, 19/18/17-year-olds.
But when was the last time a QMJHL overager did well in the NHL?

Reactions: Al48

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
But when was the last time a QMJHL overager did well in the NHL?
No doubt it's a tough "knock" to shake off or not pay attention to. Your point is valid. We'll see. I think he's got to navigate a path towards the AHL/Europe before even thinking about cracking an NHL roster.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Ok, so 1.

Would love it if he became a Gourde like player but my realism side of my brain is starting to take over the optimistic side.....
My methodology isn't perfect, but also I also checked that page for overagers from the OHL and WHL.

The bad news is I only spotted one other guy.
The good news is it was Tyler Johnson. So maybe Yzerman has some special ability in identifying these guys

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
No doubt it's a tough "knock" to shake off or not pay attention to. Your point is valid. We'll see. I think he's got to navigate a path towards the AHL/Europe before even thinking about cracking an NHL roster.
Look, I never even thought of that stuff until like this year. I don't know how to evaluate prospects or look at specific factors. It was either @OgeeOgelthorpe or @Realgud or @Frk It that said something (not necessarily about Doucet, but if I learned something like this it was from them) about how over-agers who become great is awesome, but if you just think about being 22 years old playing against mainly 17(?)-19 year olds, you probably SHOULD be dominating them.

THEN AGAIN, he could have just found a different gear before being signed. I like Doucet as a dark-horse, of course, but after learning the above (which just makes sense, I just never put those two together lol) it makes me overly cautious.

Lombardi on the other hand? I am hoping he chooses 69 and makes the wings roster next year after an amazing 9 game callup where he score 5 goals. This is the navigational plane I am working with here lol.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Look, I never even thought of that stuff until like this year. I don't know how to evaluate prospects or look at specific factors. It was either @OgeeOgelthorpe or @Realgud or @Frk It that said something (not necessarily about Doucet, but if I learned something like this it was from them) about how over-agers who become great is awesome, but if you just think about being 22 years old playing against mainly 17(?)-19 year olds, you probably SHOULD be dominating them.

THEN AGAIN, he could have just found a different gear before being signed. I like Doucet as a dark-horse, of course, but after learning the above (which just makes sense, I just never put those two together lol) it makes me overly cautious.

Lombardi on the other hand? I am hoping he chooses 69 and makes the wings roster next year after an amazing 9 game callup where he score 5 goals. This is the navigational plane I am working with here lol.

I don't think that was me, but I agree with that statement to a degree. I didn't watch too many of Doucet's whole games but what I noticed from the few that I watched was this;

Heavy boots, works hard to accelerate but isn't creating enough contact when doing so. I think it's a mechanics issue and not an effort issue. Willing defensively. Still not very strong defensively but it was more due to his lack of speed than effort.

Very, very smart and can find the soft spaces on the ice. Great shot for a junior. Underrated playmaking. Very slick stickhandling and confident enough to try new moves. not overly physical but wasn't backing down from contact. Good work ethic/motor.

I like Doucet. If he pans out maybe a middle 6 scorer that needs speedier linemates to get the cycle going? But there aren't too many slower scoring wingers that are shorter than 6'1" in the NHL these days and that's what makes me wonder if he'll just be an AAAA player.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad