prospect tournament talk

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I watched the game where McIssac got hurt btw. I honestly think he should not have been in a dangerous position and should not have gotten hurt. The checking player didn't even look like he threw much weight into it. Its mostly horrible positioning by McIssac and just lack of awareness. I don't know what to say at this point. But if you leave yourself open to hits or put yourself in a position near the boards where hits will damage you... well you will get injured more often. I am not sure how much this is luck, or this is partially the players fault here.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
McIsaac should have done a better job protecting himself. Anyone who's played the game (on ice, not in tennis shoes on a gym floor) knows you have to protect yourself. It is indeed a skill in a game with so much speed and contact. A dirty hit? Eh. That's not a binary proposition. On a sliding scale, it maybe mildly dirty in the sense that the guy hit him from behind. But he didn't hit him very hard and was supposedly tearing up talking about it after the game. A truly dirty hit to me involves clear intent, and I don't think that applies here.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I agree with both posts above mine. McIssac has got to do a better job at not putting himself in vulnerable positions, and you think a guy with his injury history would protect himself better.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I agree with both posts above mine. McIssac has got to do a better job at not putting himself in vulnerable positions, and you think a guy with his injury history would protect himself better.

Not going to blame the guy. If you've seen a lot of his injuries, they are more flukey than anything.

At the same time, some guys just tend to get hurt more than others.

The more important part, to me, is that McIsaac wasn't very effective on the PP or moving the puck out of his own zone.
His defense was absolutely terrible at times (watch that backhand goal.)
Maybe it's all the injuries - maybe not.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
This kid is done.

The poor kid is so worried about protecting both shoulders, he's resorted to absorbing board impacts with his face now.

ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad