Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion: Even Our Germans We Export To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Watching these vids of Seider, Raymond, Berggren, Veleno, Johansson, etc make me hope that wings hockey will look like that again. I know they are prospects til they are not but I’m hopeful.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Watching these vids of Seider, Raymond, Berggren, Veleno, Johansson, etc make me hope that wings hockey will look like that again. I know they are prospects til they are not but I’m hopeful.

Same here. This is the best our prospect pool has looked since the 2001-2004 years. I’m hoping that this year’s draft yields some sneaky good results despite people saying that the talent level is as high as 2020.

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
Finnish TV-analyst, former hockey coach Ismo Lehkonen (father of MTL Artturi Lehkonen) just compared Eemil Viro to Miro Heiskanen... quite a statement. :o

I mean he is not Heiskanen, but "plays like Heiskanen".

I´m so intrigued by Viro, only read good things about him (haven´t watched any of his games)
Will be interesting to see how he develops, the Wings absolutely need a few of the LD prospects to pan out

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Same here. This is the best our prospect pool has looked since the 2001-2004 years. I’m hoping that this year’s draft yields some sneaky good results despite people saying that the talent level is as high as 2020.

I remember when we had Jurco, Sproul, Oullette, Backman, Marchenko, Jarnkrok, Pulk and many thought it was going to be a smooth transition

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Johansson had an assist and played almost 24 minutes, which led his team in ice time. Impressive. I noticed Veleno didn't play for Malmo, hopefully he isn't hurt.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I remember when we had Jurco, Sproul, Oullette, Backman, Marchenko, Jarnkrok, Pulk and many thought it was going to be a smooth transition

That was a lot of overhype for some of those guys. Mishandling their development may have played a big part in their failures as well. None of those prospects made meaningful improvements after age 21.

I’m more confident in our current bunch than the 2009-2013 crop. Although I’m still a little shocked that Pulkkinen didn’t make it as a Jason Williams type at the least.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That was a lot of overhype for some of those guys. Mishandling their development may have played a big part in their failures as well. None of those prospects made meaningful improvements after age 21.

I’m more confident in our current bunch than the 2009-2013 crop. Although I’m still a little shocked that Pulkkinen didn’t make it as a Jason Williams type at the least.
In this team Pulkki would be top 6

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
2 More Goals for Bradley today, a PP & a SH, in a 3-2 Loss

Bradley has a long way to go physically, but im really warming up to him. Reminds me of Jason Zucker's playstyle; just a hard working straight ahead game with a nasty wrister he uses at every mid range opportunity. He knows what he's good at and sticks to it

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
No he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t even be in the league. Like he isn’t now. Dude can’t skate. And the league has only gotten faster.

That's so untrue.
Pulkkinen skates as well as Robby Fabbri for f***'s sake.
And he's not that far behind Zadina in the skating department.
But he's 5'10, 180 and doesn't help your team on the boards or defensively

I bet Teemu Pulkkinen would have more than 4 goals in 35 games in Zadina's role.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
That's so untrue.
Pulkkinen skates as well as Robby Fabbri for f***'s sake.
And he's not that far behind Zadina in the skating department.
But he's 5'10, 180 and doesn't help your team on the boards or defensively

I bet Teemu Pulkkinen would have more than 4 goals in 35 games in Zadina's role.

LOL. Wtf.

Pulkkinen sucked. He couldn't skate. One trick pony with multiple deficiencies. To, years later, try to imply he's even remotely in the same stratosphere as Robby Fabbri, as a skater or hockey player, is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
You do realize like half this team wouldn't be in the NHL if they weren't on this roster?

This trope is boring. I'm here to bag on this roster like anyone else, but the roster doesn't suck because half the team doesn't belong in the NHL. The roster sucks because most of it consists of bottom-6 forwards and 3rd-pair defensemen. There aren't actually 11 or 12 players who "don't belong in the NHL." Hell, Patrick Nemeth just got traded for.

Reactions: Ezekial and Reddwit

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This trope is boring. I'm here to bag on this roster like anyone else, but the roster doesn't suck because half the team doesn't belong in the NHL. The roster sucks because most of it consists of bottom-6 forwards and 3rd-pair defensemen. There aren't actually 11 or 12 players who "don't belong in the NHL." Hell, Patrick Nemeth just got traded for.

Yep, Detroit has plenty of players good enough for the NHL and to say otherwise is dumb. They arent good enough for the role thats being asked of them. But when you draft high end talent and bump those guys down the lineup into proper roles you build a good team. I think Nemeth at best is Detroits 4th best dman and personally would rank him 5th and a top 3 team in the league just traded for him. He belongs in the league

Reactions: jaster and ealong59

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
LOL. Wtf.

Pulkkinen sucked. He couldn't skate. One trick pony with multiple deficiencies. To, years later, try to imply he's even remotely in the same stratosphere as Robby Fabbri, as a skater or hockey player, is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

4uGXKGU.jpg

You're defend the status quo takes are boring. I wish they were hilarious.
Amazing that you're still playing this much-needed role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad