Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion: Even Our Germans We Export To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Keith is doing fine no need to rush him. Pickard is having a good season he can be our taxi squad guy.

Tjere is a need to rush him. Hes done 4 years post draft and can sign with any team he wants if Detroit doesnt get him signed

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
For sure, he is either a top 6 winger, or nothing. He wont be very good as a bottom 6 winger.

We will have 3 offensive lines in our Team-Prime.

Berggren could be a 3rd liner, offensively.

Best teams have 3 offensive lines and only 4th line playing that "old-school" bottom6 hockey.

Who knows, if future hockey teams have 4 offensive lines and no Bottom6 at all.

Things change, hockey will evolve.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Very near of Nyquist... same kind of player type.

You want the Dan Cleary’s and Mikael Samuelssons of the league on your offensive 3rd line. Not Berggren.

Berggren will steal a spot in the top 6 and be a zone entry and control machine for us. The kid may be our most purely talented prospect.

Reactions: Killerjas

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
You want the Dan Cleary’s and Mikael Samuelssons of the league on your offensive 3rd line. Not Berggren.

Berggren will steal a spot in the top 6 and be a zone entry and control machine for us. The kid may be our most purely talented prospect.
I want Bergreen to play for RW, but I also want him get stronger before he joined big club. For next season I'd rather have Smith, Svechnikov, Pearson, Veleno, Seider And 22-23 Bergreen, Johansson, Tuomisto Raymond and Eklund

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I want Bergreen to play for RW, but I also want him get stronger before he joined big club. For next season I'd rather have Smith, Svechnikov, Pearson, Veleno, Seider And 22-23 Bergreen, Johansson, Tuomisto Raymond and Eklund
From my (limited) SHL viewings this season, Berggren is a lot more ready than Veleno. I think some time in GR could do him some good to get used to playing without that rink space... But I'm expecting him to spend the second half on next year with the big club. He's ready for that.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

Berggren is not going to benchpress anyone, but the kid is plenty strong and handles getting hit pretty well. He's about as NHL ready as can be.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
From my (limited) SHL viewings this season, Berggren is a lot more ready than Veleno. I think some time in GR could do him some good to get used to playing without that rink space... But I'm expecting him to spend the second half on next year with the big club. He's ready for that.

I don't agree with this. I think Berggren definitely has a higher ceiling but Veleno is more NHL ready in my opinion. Berggren is exceptional with the puck on his stick, but in Detroit there isn't a lot of players that are going to get him the puck. Its been a minute since I saw him play but I recall his board play and defense were not NHL ready. And those things will get exposed in Detroit really quick. Veleno on the other hand hasn't been exceptional anywhere but I believe his board play, defense, and offense are all pretty close to NHL ready.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

Veleno is pretty NHL ready and has been pretty good on one of the lowest scoring teams in the SHL this year. This season he could be playing a 3rd/4th line forward spot in Detroit and it would probably do him some good.

Veleno's skating has clearly improved from 'pretty good' in his draft year to 'excellent'. His shot has improved from 'muffin' in his draft year to 'pretty good' this year. And his willingness to backcheck was always there but his awareness of where to be and who to cover has gotten considerably better.

Reactions: David D

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Berggren is not going to benchpress anyone, but the kid is plenty strong and handles getting hit pretty well. He's about as NHL ready as can be.
He coud improve our third line big time, because his playmaking abilities, I want to have shot on top 3 2022 draft, and believe me going to be couple of teams tanking next season

Reactions: David D

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
He coud improve our third line big time, because his playmaking abilities, I want to have shot on top 3 2022 draft, and believe me going to be couple of teams tanking next season
Berggren and seider arent going to dig us out of the bottom 5 imo. And it'd be good to break in some of these kids before they go stale.

Last edited:

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Those legs look pretty strong... But someone get this man some steak and potatoes.

His mom is a dietician, I'm sure he's eating well. With that explosive first step so important to his game Im not sure a rapid bulk would be good for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad