Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion: Even Our Germans We Export To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I'm not calling anyone out specifically, because I honestly don't remember who said what at this point. But I do remember some dumb takes on the Mazur pick in regards to Draper. And I say that as someone who criticized Draper for drafting his kid. Anyway, it can't be a strawman if people actually said the thing that newfy is referencing.

except literally nobody has even been saying those things since the season started so he's essentially arguing with himself

people said things in the context of a 3rd round pick being used on an essentially unknown overager that Draper had personal ties with in the aftermath of him wasting a draft pick on his own son the prior year, context which is entirely different at this point

in any case whatever it is it's certainly tiresome to see something nobody else is even talking about brought up over and over again, like jesus dude at least wait and see if he even makes the NHL before dead horsing it this much

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
it's the literal definition of a strawman

he's the only one who ever brings up Mazur in that way for as I said the better part of a year at this point and i've never even said anything about the Mazur pick outside of vaguely saying I didn't like it at the time of the draft(which was more about the overager aspect than anything else to be honest) yet because I get annoyed by his silly arguments it's all "your take" this and "your take" that

You dont know what a strawman is. There were plenty of people calling it a horrible, nepotism pick, or did you magically forget about that when its convenient for you later on?

I bring up the bad takes people had at the time, they get pissed off about it. If you didnt have a shitty take at the time (I also wasnt talking about just you specifically), it wouldnt bother you at all when I point out how bad theyve been. We've had morons on this board lose their mind about the Larkin, Bertuzzi and Mazur picks.. We had someone else say Sebrango shouldnt have even been drafted at the time.

Sorry if I'm going to call out your shitty take after it looks bad. Its really easy to say dumb stuff at the time of the draft about people you've never even watched play. But if all the downers on this board get to do that at the time, I'll call it out now. Tough shit, block me if you want. Even better, dont be reactionary and a cry baby about a pick that you have no clue about and I wont rub the crow in your face. It goes both ways

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Meanwhile Petruzelli is leading the ECHL in GAA and SP (2.10 .929)
We have Fulcher iccl
8538C255-2D6B-4915-95E1-C0E1EB475F89.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad