Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
upload_2021-9-20_8-50-41.png

Burke with the C, Barron and Wingerli the As

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
What happened? Was it after the OT goal?
It sounded like a chain of events starting in the 2nd period. Apparently he ripped into Byram for something pretty mellow. And everyone in the rink could hear it clearly. Apparently there were other issues once Bowers and Newhook also addressed the Linseman. Then at the end of the game the official ignored a stick slash on an Avs player that led to the goal.

Apparently the official yelled something like "lead by example" and "suck it up" or something to Bowers or Newhook when they had a clear complaint on a missed call.

Reactions: Metallo

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Byram, Newhook, Bowers and Ranta are all seating this game out. Done for the tourney.

I'd have liked to seen Bowers and Ranta play another game.

Byram is gonna have issues with refs for his career... not the first or last time he's been involved in disputes. I wouldn't be so quick to the jump to one side there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
More players need to rip these linesmen for the look at me BS they pull these days.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It sounded like a chain of events starting in the 2nd period. Apparently he ripped into Byram for something pretty mellow. And everyone in the rink could hear it clearly. Apparently there were other issues once Bowers and Newhook also addressed the Linseman. Then at the end of the game the official ignored a stick slash on an Avs player that led to the goal.

Apparently the official yelled something like "lead by example" and "suck it up" or something to Bowers or Newhook when they had a clear complaint on a missed call.

AJ mentioned on his podcast last night the scouts section, which he was sitting in apparently, was livid at the ref for losing his shit on Byram.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are there any highlights available anywhere or scoring summaries? They did it for the first game, but absolutely zero for the second match.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure if Sharks are scratching players, but Eklund and Merkley are both playing against our ATO scrubs. 4-3 for the Sharks after the 2nd period.

Avs don't look too bad considering the line up, Jones should've had the fourth goal (which came short-handed), but nice to see them respond with a PP marker by #45. My feed has been going in and out of quality so not sure who passed it across. Foudy has been our best player easily, while Barron and Beaucage have both had good moments. Maybe it is because all these away announcers have zero talent of remembering the other team's numbers, but Wingerli has been a ghost in my observations these last two games.

Reactions: McMetal

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Not sure if Sharks are scratching players, but Eklund and Merkley are both playing against our ATO scrubs. 4-3 for the Sharks after the 2nd period.

Avs don't look too bad considering the line up, Jones should've had the fourth goal (which came short-handed), but nice to see them respond with a PP marker by #45. My feed has been going in and out of quality so not sure who passed it across. Foudy has been our best player easily, while Barron and Beaucage have both had good moments. Maybe it is because all these away announcers have zero talent of remembering the other team's numbers, but Wingerli has been a ghost in my observations these last two games.
Agree with most of that. Wingerli hasn't done much, but the goal he scored was exactly the type of goal you can expect him to score. For a small guy he's actually pretty good at finding open spots around the net and that's exactly how he scored his goal by finding a lane to the net and finishing the rebound.

Foudy had a great moment in the 2nd period where he quickly accelerated away from his man and created a good chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad