Prospect Info: Prospect Camp: Arizona Rookie Faceoff [Sep 17 - 20]

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I don't really care that the announcers are raging homers rooting for the Ducks, but at least do your homework and learn the Avs players names and numbers, geez. It was really obvious that the guy had no idea who any of our guys were aside from Bowers.

Lol agreed. My favorite was when they listed the 3 Ducks players out for that OT penalty then just left it at that.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Sampo seals it with a big assist to Byram. On to the next game where the announcers don’t know any of our player’s names.

I think that's part of the deal. The Avs are like - Ok we'll participate in your tournament as long as we don't have to bring any of our own announcers or anything...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Impressed with Bowers. The points are nice but he continues to show he’s not a typical top 6 or bust player. No idea how he hasn’t been given a look in a 4th line role yet with the Avs.

Reactions: ljb4

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bowers needed a game like this. If he went the whole rookie tournament without standing out as a D+5 year player it would have been a really bad sign.

Good for him. He's got to keep standing out in a positive way in the NHL camp too though.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Good for the guys to score a few goals, I couldn't watch but according to my Twitter feed it went from this:

To going into OT? And no one is mentioning what happened in this thread.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Good for the guys to score a few goals, I couldn't watch but according to my Twitter feed it went from this:

The Ducks got two with the goalie pulled to tie. Game ended with a power play in OT after a bad offensive zone penalty by the Ducks.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Nice to see some of the top guys performing. Really encouraging to hear the reviews from Newhook.

Byram is going to be such a stud though. Imagine another defenseman capable of 15+ goals from the point, an embarrassment of riches. Won’t take long for him to settle on the top pair imo.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Nice to see everyone do better and still win that one they deserved to. Byram is such a momentum changer, he had a great rush which gave them life before the third goal I believe it was. I’m not sure it’s always going to lead to an enormous point total for him but he’s a difference maker and that’s the part that matters.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Every time I see Byram play I feel he’s getting underrated in general rankings, (and certain posters here) the kid is legit as it gets and has elite #1 upside on both ends of the puck and can flat out dominate the neutral zone.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Every time I see Byram play I feel he’s getting underrated in general rankings, (and certain posters here) the kid is legit as it gets and has elite #1 upside on both ends of the puck and can flat out dominate the neutral zone.

Im fine with that. Let the world expect nothing while the defending President’s Trophy winners brings in a blue chipper.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
It's good to see Byram and Newhook shine this game, I thought despite the score Byram also looked great in the first game as well. Hope he can stay away from dumb fights and dumb hits and carve out a nice injury free career as our eventual #1 D.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nice to see everyone do better and still win that one they deserved to. Byram is such a momentum changer, he had a great rush which gave them life before the third goal I believe it was. I’m not sure it’s always going to lead to an enormous point total for him but he’s a difference maker and that’s the part that matters.
Were you impressed by Bowers? Apparently he was the best Avs player tonight.

We already know that Byram is good but Bowers becoming an useful NHL center would be a welcomed addition.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Ranta definitely did not touch that shot. That was all Byram.

Been disappointed in 75. I expected the poor decision making with the puck but he’s been losing battles against guys along the wall, and given his size, that cannot happen.

The lineup tomorrow is going to be Wingerli and ato’s, I imagine.

Reactions: Ararana

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Were you impressed by Bowers? Apparently he was the best Avs player tonight.

We already know that Byram is good but Bowers becoming an useful NHL center would be a welcomed addition.
Everyone improved their battle level, pace and details in this game so that helped. Bowers had a chance at a one time shot in the first game and missed it, would have changed the narrative quite a bit if he’d hit that.

We know Bowers is a good defensive player with polish in his game but they don’t seem to care about that. If it takes goals to get noticed then great but I really wouldn’t say impressed per se. it’s not like he took over the game or anything but just finished a few of his good plays. I really wish it solely wasn’t about production. But he had a good day no doubt.

I’m not sure anyone was definitively the best player in this game. Newhook, Bowers and Byram were up there though. I’ve liked Foudy a lot through both games, I thought he was the best forward in the first game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I mean there wasn't that much to say, the camera angle is absolutely terrible and you have a protective netting in front of lens which doubles down the watchability of it. Avs started off the game quite poor where Ducks more experienced team took advantage of that. Then Avs got some fortunate plays in terms of injuries to Ducks such as a slash on Zegras and another lad getting a puck in the face which changed the moment to the Avs. Towards the end, Avs controlled the play and continued with that momentum into the entire second period. Miner was very good for the first ten minutes or so because the Ducks could've had at least two goals from all their chances.

The Avs defensive core is really bad and it was even worse without Mitchell Smith playing. The third period was all Ducks and even though they got two from the empty net as McMetal mentioned, I thought they deservedly got those goals. Then the Ducks forward took a stupid offensive zone penalty and the Avs capitalised. It's hard to say who stood out overall because the entire team looked good in the 2nd (probably with Ducks falling some levels) and the entire team looked very bad in the third (probably with the Avs turtling). All the Avs talent looked good in this game, but I still have some issues with Barron, Beaucage, and Ranta (though they looked better than the previous game). The highlight tonight was by far O'Brien for the ATOs, if he continues playing like that I think he'll get himself an ELC (I think...I forgot the cutoff date for those). There was a lot of good, but I think Foudy was the most impressive when it came to individual skills, he is a puck possession machine and created so many chances tonight.

Reactions: shadow1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad