Prospect Info: Prospect Camp: Arizona Rookie Faceoff [Sep 17 - 20]

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Apparently Newhook absolutely crushed it today in every category (except size, obviously) and the only forward that could hang was Ranta.

To be expected imo. He and Byram should both looks like NHLers playing against amateurs, and that’s exactly what they are.

Ranta always looks good in drills. Needs to show it in a game setting too.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

upload_2021-9-12_20-1-42.gif

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
To be expected imo. He and Byram should both looks like NHLers playing against amateurs, and that’s exactly what they are.

Ranta always looks good in drills. Needs to show it in a game setting too.

That’s what I’ve heard on Ranta too. I’m excited to see how he plays in pre season. Apparently him and Bowers beefed up.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
That’s what I’ve heard on Ranta too. I’m excited to see how he plays in pre season. Apparently him and Bowers beefed up.

If he does well in drills, he should play higher in the lineup. Not on the 4th line where all he can really do is try to smash people.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I think Ranta is on the team by the end of the year. I liked his game in Minny and on the Eagles last year, and think he can pot 15-20 a year soon. Some more pro time will do him wonders.

Foudy is a guy I'm really interested to see develop. It would be nice to have some sneaky depth in the next 2-3 years at center on a cheap ELC.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Newhook-Olausson seem like they'd work great together.

The speedy, high IQ, hard working center, with the high skill, slick winger. Newhook doing a lot of the dirty work down low and getting the puck to Olausson in the slot somewhere.

Could be the Avs future second line as well.

Reactions: jabubenice

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Man I don’t know what Ranta did today but he’s got the DNVR guys hyped as all hell.
+1 here, he’s looked fantastic. He’s in that mode where everything he does looks easy. It’s been big boy stuff like consistency, great footwork, etc than ok he’s just faster than most of these dudes (he is tho). Obv games plus real camp are bigger tests but he just brings so much to the table, if they can’t figure it out then better ain’t walking through that door.

I’ll give a HM to Beaucage. He wasn’t second best per se but exceeded my expectations. Real camp is a huge test for him tho.

TBH I liked the Sampo-Foudy-Beaucage line best today, all three were pretty fun and worked well together.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
+1 here, he’s looked fantastic. He’s in that mode where everything he does looks easy. It’s been big boy stuff like consistency, great footwork, etc than ok he’s just faster than most of these dudes (he is tho). Obv games plus real camp are bigger tests but he just brings so much to the table, if they can’t figure it out then better ain’t walking through that door.

I’ll give a HM to Beaucage. He wasn’t second best per se but exceeded my expectations. Real camp is a huge test for him tho.

TBH I liked the Sampo-Foudy-Beaucage line best today, all three were pretty fun and worked well together.
How did any of the ATOs look?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad