Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'll be upset if Leivo doesn't get a fair crack this year.
Last year is last year. Injuries can't be helped. That's understood...
But the guy might actually be a perennial 50-60 point player with board play.
Kinda... valuable... and stuff...
Enough to find out what he is before letting him go free to someone else...

At the very least I think he can be a more offensively capable Hyman without the PK ability, even though Leivo has played PK a decent amount in the AHL and is actually pretty good in his own zone. Hyman may be a little bit faster, but Leivo can challenge him for tops on the team in terms of forechecking skill, and destroys him when it comes to net play.

Give him the Matthews and I have little doubt Leafs fans will be very impressed. 20 goals would almost be a given next year, possibly as high as 30,

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
To NSH:
JVR
Rychel
Timashov

To Toronto:
Fabbro
Harper
2nd 2020

To ANA:
Komarov
Marincin
Carrick

To Toronto:
Montour
2020 5th

Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Nylander
Leivo-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Kapanen

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Hainsey
Rosen-Montour
Marchenko

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
To NSH:
JVR
Rychel
Timashov

To Toronto:
Fabbro
Harper
2nd 2020

To Calgary:
Komarov
Marincin
Carrick

To Toronto:
Montour
2020 5th

Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Nylander
Leivo-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Kapanen

Rielly-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Hainsey
Rosen-Montour
Marchenko

change Calgary to Anaheim and at least the teams are right. I doubt komarov and a #5 and #7 Dmen get Montour or even close to him, other teams need to be though of when it comes to trades

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
change Calgary to Anaheim and at least the teams are right. I doubt komarov and a #5 and #7 Dmen get Montour or even close to him, other teams need to be though of when it comes to trades

Typos happen, I was originally thinking of a Komarov to CGY trade but changed minds... ;)

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Typos happen, I was originally thinking of a Komarov to CGY trade but changed minds... ;)

still, komarov, marincin and carrick don't come close to Montour. If you ask Anaheim fans they say they have no need to trade him and that it would take Nylander to make them consider it. I know they're fans but on this site that's all we have there aren't insiders here

edit: I knew it was a typo I was just busting your balls

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
A highlight-montage for.. Eemeli Rasanen (#77)..., who plays Defense position with the 2016-17 Kingston Frontenacs.., in the OHL..
..and with the 2016-17 Team Finland U18 teams, in the IIHF U18 competitions.

Eemeli was drafted in Round 2 / #59 overall ..by the Toronto Maple Leafs.., in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

The first thing anyone will notice right away from him, is his size... Notice in the video, how much taller he is than Henny, Babs and Joe...
And he hasn't stopped growing yet..! His speed and skating are better than most other players in his size range...
...and he is concerned with being a good, two-way D-man..

Eemeli-Rasanen-2.jpg

Eemeli Rasanen
Defense -- shoots R
Born Mar 6 1999 -- Joensuu, Finland
*18 yrs. ago
Height *6.07 -- Weight *208

Ranked #53 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #42 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #132 by Future Considerations
Ranked #58 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #32 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
Ranked #68 by TSN/McKenzieNHL

RECENT STATS:

*2016-17 - Team Finland U18 - WJC-18
6 Games... 1 Goal... 0 Assists... 1 Point... +/- 0
------------------------------------------------------------------
*2016-17 - Team Finland U18 - International Junior
4 Games... 0 Goals... 1 Assist... 1 Point... +2
*2016-17 - Team Finland U18 - Hlinka Memorial
4 Games... 0 Goals... 1 Assist... 1 Point... +2
*2016-17 - Kingston Frontenacs - OHL
66 Games... 6 Goals... 33 Assists... 39 Points... -7
*2017 OHL PLAYOFFS
11 Games... 1 Goal... 4 Assists... 5 Points... -9

Clips include: Many goals & assists, from Eemeli's 2016-17 season..; clips from a June 24th 2017 Leafs interview, after being drafted....
...and a few other 2016-2017 clips & photos...

Big Drive: Eemeli Rasanen 2016-17 Highlights - Leafs 2017 Draft Pick - TML (HD)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My 1st highlight-montage for Ian Scott (#33)..., who is the goaltender with the 2016-17 Prince Albert Raiders.., in the WHL...
and he was also with the 2016-17 Canada U18 Team.. Ian was just recently drafted in Round 4 /#110 overall
..with the Toronto Maple Leafs 3rd pick.., in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

From what I have seen of him already, I don't think his present stats. reflex anything close to his potential. He looks pretty confident in the crease, imo... Unfortunately, the Raiders aren't one of the strongest WHL teams, at this moment in time.
Their total 2016-17 games lost are definitely not all on Ian, from what I see...

110_Scott-730x456.jpg

Ian Scott
Goalie -- shoots L
Born Jan 11 1999 -- Calgary, ALTA
*18 yrs. ago
Height *6.03 -- Weight 172

Ranked #91 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #74 by Future Considerations
Ranked #109 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #3 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Goalies)
Ranked #91 by TSN/McKenzie

RECENT STATS:

*2016-17 - Prince Albert Raiders - WHL
50 Games... 12 Wins.. 31 Losses... 0 Ties... *2 S/O's..
.895 SV % ... 3.69 GAA..
-------------------------------------------------------------
*2016-17 - Team Canada U-18 - WJC-18
4 Games... .861 SV % ... 4.02 GAA..
-------------------------------------------------------------
*2016-17 - Team Canada U-18 - Hlinka Memorial
1 Game... .913 SV % ... 1.86 GAA..

This video includes: Many of Ian's saves, from the Prince Albert Raiders 2016-17 season...; clips from an interview in early 2017..
....and a few other various 2016-17 video clips & photos....

Flashback: Ian Scott 2016-17 Save Highlights - Leafs 2017 Draft Pick - TML (HD)

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Same with Leivo.

Were people not watching him play last year? Looked like a great top 9 winger and he put up the numbers too

Babcock is in the Win business, Leivo has had chances but he always gets nicked up, Babs has no time for guys who can't stay on the ice. Very successful Coaches in other sports are the same way, of you can't play you don't help your team win then he has no time for them, nothing personal but it's all about Wins, Babs isn't in the development business he's in the Win business as the off season has shown.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Babcock is in the Win business, Leivo has had chances but he always gets nicked up, Babs has no time for guys who can't stay on the ice. Very successful Coaches in other sports are the same way, of you can't play you don't help your team win then he has no time for them, nothing personal but it's all about Wins, Babs isn't in the development business he's in the Win business as the off season has shown.

A point that is often missed on here.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

But Babcock has a love for Soshnikov. And as soon as he came back from injury, he was in the line-up.

The thing with Leivo is that he didn't show the effort every shift that Soshnikov did.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
But Babcock has a love for Soshnikov. And as soon as he came back from injury, he was in the line-up.

The thing with Leivo is that he didn't show the effort every shift that Soshnikov did.

You people really try to over complicate things. It had nothing to do with effort level, in fact Leivo had one of he better motors on the team when he got into games. It's really simple, we've got a plethora of power play threats and that's where Leivo shines as a player as far as strengths go. We needed penalty killers and the guys who could kill got in games, Babcock said as much. You could also throw out the fact that Leivo's skating is not the best so at 5 on 5 it hurts him on the backcheck and we need forwards who are nipping on players ankles on the backcheck. Leivo plays the role of a JVR in that he's a big offensive threat but can hurt you in other areas and you can only hide so many of those players

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
So right now our Swedish defensive depth is Rosen, Borgman, Liljegren, and Lindgren. Aside from Salming being proud of how deep this particular position is, there's a defenseman on every level of the NHL-readiness scale.

Rosen may have concussion issues but he's the most ready, then we have the upcomers. Borgman is similar to Liljegren development wise but possibly a little closer. (actually shut up cookie--he's older much further ahead development wise. He also has a higher ceiling than Rosen supposedly.

Of note, all of these players (aside from Liljegren and Lindgren) are left hand shots meaning that they will be competing with Rielly and Gardiner for ice time, 5v4 minutes in particular where their offensive skills can shine. Seeing as how they're all competent puck movers, they're built tailor made to replace Rielly or Gardiner in case of injury (knock on wood) but at the same time, I can't help but wonder about how they'll be integrated into the leafs lineup if they wow management's socks off. Or if they're going to be getting a chance to begin with...

(edits are in bold)

Last edited:

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
So right now our Swedish defensive depth is Rosen, Borgman, Liljegren, and Lindgren. Aside from Salming being proud of how deep this particular position is, there's a defenseman on every level of the NHL-readiness scale.

Rosen may have concussion issues but he's the most ready, then we have the upcomers. Borgman is similar to Liljegren development wise but possibly a little closer. He also has a higher ceiling than Rosen supposedly.

Of note, all of these players (aside from Liljegren) are left hand shots meaning that they will be competing with Rielly and Gardiner for ice time, 5v4 minutes in particular where their offensive skills can shine. Seeing as how they're all competent puck movers, they're built tailor made to replace Rielly or Gardiner in case of injury (knock on wood) but at the same time, I can't help but wonder about how they'll be integrated into the leafs lineup if they wow management's socks off. Or if they're going to be getting a chance to begin with...

Borgman is way closer to Rosen than Liljegren. Borgman is only a year younger than Rosen...

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON

Rosen may have concussion issues but he's the most ready, then we have the upcomers. Borgman is similar to Liljegren development wise but possibly a little closer. He also has a higher ceiling than Rosen supposedly.

Of note, all of these players (aside from Liljegren) are left hand shots meaning that they will be competing with Rielly and Gardiner for ice time, 5v4 minutes in particular where their offensive skills can shine. Seeing as how they're all competent puck movers, they're built tailor made to replace Rielly or Gardiner in case of injury (knock on wood) but at the same time, I can't help but wonder about how they'll be integrated into the leafs lineup if they wow management's socks off. Or if they're going to be getting a chance to begin with...

Lindgren is Rhd.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016

Add Dermott in there as well to fight for a left hand D spot over next couple of years......hope fully we find a stud in there allowing them to take over gards or reilly

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Add Dermott in there as well to fight for a left hand D spot over next couple of years......hope fully we find a stud in there allowing them to take over gards or reilly

If you read the post you replied to, you'd realize why Dermott doesn't fit that group..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad