Prospect Info: Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
huge chance this year couldn't pull it off though. Nylander "only" got 49 even strength points this season, and Matthews himself got exactly 50. Hyman really needs those 2 to step up their games for him to get 10 more points
Ya they are really holding him back.
Really though I'm counting on him getting some regular pp time at some point in his career

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Any word on Middelton or Gordeev if their practising with the Marlies, if so would like to see them get a game this weekend.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Really excited to see Grunstrom play.
I would think he would be in the marlies lineup this wknd.

My guess is that he gets 2 games. My prediction is he plays friday night and sunday.

I also hope that Ian Scott gets in a game. They'll likely have Sparks & Pickard play friday and saturday. Why not have Scott play the final game of the season?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Moore - Aaltonen - Grundstrom Timashov - Mueller - Smith
Engvall - Gauthier - Greening Marchment - Brooks - Bracco

Rosen - Holl
Marincin - Liljegren
Borgman - LoVerde

Sparks

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Game on TSN2 tonight...Just starting...Grundstrom is playing

Clearly all that matters. First game he's ever played for the Marlies... If you go according to Crocker and ignore the 6 games he played in last years' playoffs :laugh:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Aaltonen botched a couple nice plays wide in the first period. The Marlies seemed to dominate territorially, but it hasn't shown on the stat sheet so far.

Grundstrom and Engvall are looking good.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Every once and a while I'll watch a player on the ice and just think "this guy is gonna be a NHL player". I don't know exactly what it is (I think skating/positioning/confidence/etc.. maybe?) but when I watch Grundstrom I have this feeling.
Yep..I agree...he seems to have that "it" factor...hard worker, not scared to get his nose dirty, seems to have a good mind for the game...Good skills especially his shot....His skating seems fine but if I had to pick one thing for him to improve it would be his speed.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
4-0 Marlies. Liljegren robbed of an assist on the 3rd goal. Mueller with 2 goals.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
4-0 Marlies. Liljegren robbed of an assist on the 3rd goal. Mueller with 2 goals.

I’m not watching the game, but I have seen numerous posts over the course of this season where liljegren has been robbed of a point how does a kid get so unlucky with points

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Every once and a while I'll watch a player on the ice and just think "this guy is gonna be a NHL player". I don't know exactly what it is (I think skating/positioning/confidence/etc.. maybe?) but when I watch Grundstrom I have this feeling.

Grundstrom is our komarov replacement. As long as babs doesn’t get cold feet and pine for komarov to be resigned. I think babcock really like grundstrom at last camp he is going to be a babcock type player imo

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Grundstrom is our komarov replacement. As long as babs doesn’t get cold feet and pine for komarov to be resigned. I think babcock really like grundstrom at last camp he is going to be a babcock type player imo

I agree, with Grundstrom able to consistently produce similar to Komarov's production in the 2015-2016 season though.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I’m not watching the game, but I have seen numerous posts over the course of this season where liljegren has been robbed of a point how does a kid get so unlucky with points
No idea, I am watching the game. He tipped the puck by the Laval player at the line to Smith, and Smith fed Mueller who scored. He should have got a point.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I think Komarov gets re-signed, but is not guaranteed a spot. 8 of the 9 top 9 spots are pretty much sealed for next year. Just need to decide whether Leivo or Johnsson are the guys to replace JvR for the last spot. 4th line is what is up for grabs, and will change depending upon whether they decide to trade guys like Leivo, Gauthier and Martin this offseason. If Martin is gone, Komarov will probably be re-signed.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Hopefully Hyman is our komarov replacement and Grundstrom is our Hyman replacement

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hopefully Hyman is our komarov replacement and Grundstrom is our Hyman replacement

Well that’s crazy talk, if babcock is here hyman is with Matthews. I’ve come to accept this it’s all you can do now. Maybe if babcock runs out of contract or fired a new coach may put Hyman where he belongs. But with babcock here Hyman will stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad