Proposed rule changes in GM meetings

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Warmup for a goalie who comes in cold if a goalie is pulled by the spotter? Hopefully that doesn't pass. Just a waste of time. Goalies never needed a warmup before, this just delays the game to get the goalie back with less play off the clock.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So a puck over the glass challenger or a high sticking challenge can turn into a 5 on 3 for the other team if you lose the challenge? Damn

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
BOOOOOO, add letting the top seeds choose the opponents in the playoffs as well!

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Could goalies not always be penalized for intentionally disloging the nets? The rule says "any player".

Or do they simply mean they're updating the wording of the rule to make it explicit that it includes both skaters and goalies, to avoid any confusion, not that the rule is actually changing.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The reason for this is because slugs were shooting the puck over the glass all the time during the DPE with the intention of killing play. It’s a good rule to keep.

I would be fine with keeping it and determining intention but that's just gonna waste more time currently. I still think it should be treated a just an icing. Players trying to chip the puck off the glass and missing shouldn't be a penalty.

This league absolutely loves changing things so I'm sure we'll see it gone eventually.

I want VAR put in and get rid of the stupid double reviews. We just had a double review in our last game, was reviewed to see if the puck was locked in, it wasn't, then challenged for goaltender interference. So 2 reviews on the same play. They need to stop wasting everyone's time and just review all goals. If they can't determine if it's a goal or not in under 1 min then the play on the ice stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad