Proposal: Proposals Thread: Everything But The TV, Couch and Kitchen Sink Are For Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleMac

Apr 3, 2014
I feel that if Washington does not make the playoffs, they could be in for a big shakeup this offseason... feel like a trade could be made to benefit both us and them:

Targets:
Alzner, Carlson, Ward, Laich, Brouwer, Johansson

Oilers:
Alzner
Laich/Ward
Brouwer

Capitals:
Yakupov
Klefbom/Nurse?

Who needs to add?

Last edited:

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Hanzal for the 2nd overall pick is brutal. He's been around a 40-50 point pace and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity for Draisatil, Bennet, Reinhart, or Ekblad for him. Yeah, he's 6'6" but he's 27 and this is probably what you're getting from him.

If you're giving up a pick that high you should be getting more than a 2nd line center who has only hit 40 points once. Most 2nd overall picks have turned out to be better than Hanzal already in the past few years. (Landeskog, Seguin, Murray/Galchenyuk, Hedman/Duchene)

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Stastny-Yakupov
Pouliot-Bolland-Downie
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

Using only UFA signings, I actually am a big fan of that lineup. It's not happening though, considering Stastny wants 6M+ and Bolland wants 4.5M+, the poor man's version of this lineup is...

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Grabovski-Yakupov
Pouliot-Bailey-Kulemin
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

Although the complaints of having a small top six exist in both of them.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Still seeing way too many people trying to add size in the top 9 when the biggest need is clearly speed.

Hall is an elite skater....Eberle and Yakupov are okay....Perron and RNH are below average skaters...Gagner is molasses. Don't even get me started on the bottom 6....easily the slowest bottom 6 in the league AINEC.

Speed kills.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Still seeing way too many people trying to add size in the top 9 when the biggest need is clearly speed.

Hall is an elite skater....Eberle and Yakupov are okay....Perron and RNH are below average skaters...Gagner is molasses. Don't even get me started on the bottom 6....easily the slowest bottom 6 in the league AINEC.

Speed kills.

You honestly think that RNH is a below average skater?

Sloth Slothersons*

If we pick 2nd.

Trade Eberle to Florida for 3rd overall
Trade RNH to Calgary for 4th overall
Trade Yakupov to NYI for 5th overall

Buffalo takes Reinhart. We draft Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle/Ritchie.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Given his size and weight he is absolutely a below average skater.

A 6'0 170lbs guy should be able to FLY out there.
He may not be as fast as Hall but he is certainly not slow. What he is though is extremely agile and effortless when he skates. What he is not is a below average skater.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Stastny-Yakupov
Pouliot-Bolland-Downie
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

Using only UFA signings, I actually am a big fan of that lineup. It's not happening though, considering Stastny wants 6M+ and Bolland wants 4.5M+, the poor man's version of this lineup is...

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Grabovski-Yakupov
Pouliot-Bailey-Kulemin
Smyth-Gordon-Hendricks

Although the complaints of having a small top six exist in both of them.

Boolan 4.5 on the 3rd line? interesting. and Gordon at 3mill on the 4th line is also funny. Paying a guy 3mill to play 5 minutes a game?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Boolan 4.5 on the 3rd line? interesting. and Gordon at 3mill on the 4th line is also funny. Paying a guy 3mill to play 5 minutes a game?

Well, I specifically said it wouldn't happen, because I wouldn't pay Bolland 4.5M. He's a good fit, but I wouldn't pay him anything above 3.2M.

Also as I've said in the past, although I'd place Gordon on my 4th line in the depth chart, he'd still get minutes, he'd get top PK minutes as well as any face-off we may need. Ideally the 3rd line C we'd get is a bit more on the offensive side, so that him and Gordon can flip flop their minutes.

Josh Bailey might not be a terrible idea, because he kinda fits that mold.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Given his size and weight he is absolutely a below average skater.

A 6'0 170lbs guy should be able to FLY out there.

He is for sure not a below average skater, Ill give you his straight away speed is only slightly above average, but he is able to keep up to hall enough he is still in the play so will never be a concern for him. Where RNH is well above average in his skating is in his edge work, when he eventually fills out he will be tough to handle on the half wall.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The issue is just making a better 3rd line, then making Gordon the 4th line center. Improve the wing position there, and the overall depth of the team will be better because of it. David Moss is an upgrade on what's been rotating there, plus I think Hendricks full time on the 4th (maybe at center, I think he plays that) will add to the depth as well.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The issue is just making a better 3rd line, then making Gordon the 4th line center. Improve the wing position there, and the overall depth of the team will be better because of it. David Moss is an upgrade on what's been rotating there, plus I think Hendricks full time on the 4th (maybe at center, I think he plays that) will add to the depth as well.

Gordon is fine as a 3rd line C, as long as he can put up 20-30 points a year and play a shutdown role I don't think he needs to be bumped. What we do need is 2 two-way wingers to play with him and form an actual checking line. Something we haven't seen in these parts since 2008 IIRC.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria

I used to think our number one need was 2 Defence better than anyone we have. With the way Marincin and Klefbom have come in and improved our ability to stop plays at our blueline and make simple passes that get the puck out of our end i'm tending to agree with your line of thinking. Our biggest needs now may be to shore up our depth at forward.

Use Gordon as a defensive zone or clutch faceoff and PK guy.
Moving Hendricks between 3rd and 4th line duties.
Arco as 2/3 C or winger.
but definitely assembly a much more talented 3rd and 4th

Obviously upgrade D if it's there but don't sell the farm when we are finally developing a stockpile of our own talent.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Worst case scenario for our D, in order to make the playoffs, would be this:

BLANK-Ference
Marincin-Petry
J.Schultz-Klefbom
Belov

but I'm still hoping for

BLANK-Petry
BLANK-Ference
Marincin-Schultz
Klefbom (with Belov possibly as a No.8 if he wants too, otherwise someone else)

Maybe Marincin, Schultz or Klefbom is movable for one of those top 4 D-men, I don't know. I want to keep Klef, I'd be more open to moving Schultz or Marincin (or Petry, but I don't think we can afford this unless we're getting quality back)

The D is in flux, that's for sure. It's a tough task for MacT.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Hanzal for the 2nd overall pick is brutal. He's been around a 40-50 point pace and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity for Draisatil, Bennet, Reinhart, or Ekblad for him. Yeah, he's 6'6" but he's 27 and this is probably what you're getting from him.

If you're giving up a pick that high you should be getting more than a 2nd line center who has only hit 40 points once. Most 2nd overall picks have turned out to be better than Hanzal already in the past few years. (Landeskog, Seguin, Murray/Galchenyuk, Hedman/Duchene)

I'll agree that 2nd overall would be a mistake, as I think Ekblad and Reinhart have emerged as the clear cut top 2, but if they're both gone and we're picking 3/4, I have no problem moving the pick for Hanzal. If I thought we would actually take Bennett it would be a different story, but MacT seems to be big on Draisaitl. I'll take Hanzal over Draisaitl any day. Excellent face-off man, Selke calibre D, one of the biggest players in the league, one of the most physical players in the league - that's everything we need.

We're not trying to win a fantasy pool, we're trying to win hockey games. Having Hanzal on our PP would be huge. He can win a draw and set up in front and create havoc, letting the young guns do their thing. Then there's the fact we would finally have an answer to Getzlaf/Thornton/Kopitar/etc.

That is exactly the type of bold move I'd want to see from MacT.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'll agree that 2nd overall would be a mistake, as I think Ekblad and Reinhart have emerged as the clear cut top 2, but if they're both gone and we're picking 3/4, I have no problem moving the pick for Hanzal. If I thought we would actually take Bennett it would be a different story, but MacT seems to be big on Draisaitl. I'll take Hanzal over Draisaitl any day. Excellent face-off man, Selke calibre D, one of the biggest players in the league, one of the most physical players in the league - that's everything we need.

We're not trying to win a fantasy pool, we're trying to win hockey games. Having Hanzal on our PP would be huge. He can win a draw and set up in front and create havoc, letting the young guns do their thing. Then there's the fact we would finally have an answer to Getzlaf/Thornton/Kopitar/etc.

That is exactly the type of bold move I'd want to see from MacT.

x2, I'd trade a 3rd or 4th overall for either of Hanzal or Yandle.

SchultzSquared*

Eberle Nurse 1st '14 for Weber and Stalberg

It is becoming clear I think in Nashville that to save jobs the team needs to diversify... they just do not have the weapons or a high enough pick to be more than middling talents for the next five years... with most of his bonus money paid out I think we see the team more open to a deal... few can beat that package there

Perron and 2nd '15 and 4th '14 for Byfuglien

Perron has been unreal don't get me wrong... but we need to change forward mix... Byfuglien is an elite PF who can play D as well...

Sign Ryan Callahan 6 years/$6M per
Sign David Moss 3 years/$3M per

Resign Petry 3 years/$3.25M per
Resign J. Schultz 2 years/$3M per
Resign Fraser one year/$1M
Resign Lander one year/$850K
Resign Gazdic two years/$800K per

Hall-RNH-Callahan
Byfuglien-Gagner-Yakupov
Stalberg-Gordon-Moss
Hendricks-Lander-Arcobello
Gazdic Acton

Klefbom-Weber
Marincin-Petry
Ference-J. Schultz
Fraser

Scrivens
Fasth

That team can play any way you need them to... skill game... physical play... two way game... $3M in capspace to fill any glaring holes at the deadline and for Byfuglien/Yak raises in the summer... I would be willing to put that team against any other in our divison...

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Hanzal is available don't overthink it. Send them the pick no matter where it lands. We might be giving up value but it is the right move to heal this team. With him, we might even make the playoffs next year. With a new 18 year, it would very doubtful.

With our wingers, Hanzal's production would increase. He's also got a sweet deal for long term. It's not like he's for sale either. An overpay is justified.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
If Hanzal is available don't overthink it. Send them the pick no matter where it lands. We might be giving up value but it is the right move to heal this team. With him, we might even make the playoffs next year. With a new 18 year, it would very doubtful.

With our wingers, Hanzal's production would increase. He's also got a sweet deal for long term. It's not like he's for sale either. An overpay is justified.

I'd take Hanzal in a heartbeat. Is he available?

o.o

Speaking of centers, what about Kesler? I know it'd be a stretch to get him to wave to player here, but if he would... wow. Then Sign Callahan in the offseason...

What would even be good value for that? Gagner + Eberle?

Hall-Kesler-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Callahan
[Lander?]-Gordon-Moss/Winnik
Gazdic-Hendricks-[Pitlick?]

I think that lineup wins hockey games. Unless our defence ends up even worse than this year, but by the virtue of adding two defensive studs to our top 6 I think that impossible.

On Defence I want Matt Greene, and another LD stopgap. Not sure who, Tallinder? Mezaros? Probably have to trade for one.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Speaking of centers, what about Kesler? I know it'd be a stretch to get him to wave to player here, but if he would... wow. Then Sign Callahan in the offseason...

Just like Ryan Miller, Kesler doesn't want to play in Canada, apparently he will only waive for an American team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad