News Article: Pronman has Rangers org ranked #1

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
"This year’s organizational ranking will be different than previous years. First, it is occurring before the NHL Draft and not after, although I will make an updated version following the draft.

Second, this year’s version will have full evaluations with tool grades of all players in an organization who are 22 years old or younger as of Sept. 15, 2020, regardless of how many NHL games they’ve played, to go along with the rest of the players in the pipeline.

It will not include skaters older than 22 as of Sept. 15, 2020, who have played 25 NHL games in a season or 50 career games; goalies with 10 games in a season or 25 in a career; nor any player age 26 or older as of Sept. 15, 2020.

Thus, all players from the 2016 to 2019 NHL drafts who were first-year eligible at their draft are incorporated into this year’s organizational rankings."

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I misread the title, thought it was 4th, which tbh I disagree with. I think we’re Top 3 for sure

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Kind of wild what winning 2 lotteries and then getting gifted a young stud D will do for a franchise lol. If the Rangers had to rely on their drafting like Vancouver we'd be much lower.

Vancouver lived in the top 10 for a while (they've picked there in 6 of the last 7 years. Rangers have the last 3, this will be year #4.)

Juolevi was a top 5 pick and Jake Virtanen "the nobody" Virtanen was taken at 6.

I dunno about you, but I think if the Rangers got a few more cracks at it, they'd probably pick at least 1 more stud.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Vancouver lived in the top 10 for a while (they've picked there in 6 of the last 7 years. Rangers have the last 3, this will be year #4.)

Juolevi was a top 5 pick and Jake Virtanen "the nobody" Virtanen was taken at 6.

I dunno about you, but I think if the Rangers got a few more cracks at it, they'd probably pick at least 1 more stud.
Well we've already used our Juolevi bust pick in Lias, and Kravtsov may be our Virtanen. Which means we would need to hit on our next few out of the park. Luckily we got Kakko and then Lafreniere so the hard work is done for us already. Plus the aforementioned Fox.

Luckily drafting isn't the only way to build a team, but you need to get some hits especially if you draft high, like we have been.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well we've already used our Juolevi bust pick in Lias, and Kravtsov may be our Virtanen. Which means we would need to hit on our next few out of the park. Luckily we got Kakko and then Lafreniere so the hard work is done for us already. Plus the aforementioned Fox.

Luckily drafting isn't the only way to build a team, but you need to get some hits especially if you draft high, like we have been.

It looks like they've got several other "hits" though.

People are creaming themselves over Nils, Shesty was a mid rounder, Barron was a late pick (though he probably tops out as a bottom six player who may get some PP time), Miller who was last year's Nils, Jones, Robertson, etc. Painting Kravtsov in the same light as "the nobody" (who really isn't one, but thats beyond the point) is unfair, and hes off of a strong start this year, albeit in 3 games.

Chytil has become the forgotten dude but he's got loads of potential as well in addition to already being a regular. The Lias pick sucked, the Lindbolm pick was even worse, but lets not act like every pick has been bad. Thats just a meme that needs to be laid to rest.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Why are we already lumping Kravtsov in with Virtanen again?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
It looks like they've got several other "hits" though.

People are creaming themselves over Nils, Shesty was a mid rounder, Barron was a late pick (though he probably tops out as a bottom six player who may get some PP time), Miller who was last year's Nils, Jones, Robertson, etc. Painting Kravtsov in the same light as "the nobody" (who really isn't one, but thats beyond the point) is unfair, and hes off of a strong start this year, albeit in 3 games.

Chytil has become the forgotten dude but he's got loads of potential as well in addition to already being a regular. The Lias pick sucked, the Lindbolm pick was even worse, but lets not act like every pick has been bad. Thats just a meme that needs to be laid to rest.
And this is the whole point of having more draft picks and why I even brought it up, more picks means more chances to hit and the less that a miss will hurt, but that also opens up the pessimist angle of more picks will definitely mean more misses

Reactions: Leetch3

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah bro, he's such a good prospect that he straight up cashed the 2nd most dollars by a human playing the sport of hockey in the whole wide world last year. ;)

Pretty high ceiling but I worry about his floor. Still need more development time before I form my opinion on this prospect.

Reactions: Mikos87

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
And this is the whole point of having more draft picks and why I even brought it up, more picks means more chances to hit and the less that a miss will hurt, but that also opens up the pessimist angle of more picks will definitely mean more misses

Perfect example for what you mentioned was Boston's 2015 draft.

They had 3 top 15 picks and completely beefed 2 of them. They still walked out of that draft with DeBrusk and Carlo, who are regulars in their lineup now. It's much worse than it should have been, but when you look back its hard to call that draft a disaster (Though imagine if they had taken Connor and Barzal in addition to Debrusk and Carlo? Yeesh)

Regardless, my philosophy has always been that if you get 2 regular NHL players out of a single draft, you're doing pretty well. JG has done a pretty damn good job backfilling the system with prospects/players from the drafts where they didn't have a pick until basically the 100's. Look at the 2016 draft, we may end up having a half dozen NHL regulars from that draft alone, even if they don't all end up playing here. Only one of those guys was picked by the Rangers.

I'm pretty confident in saying that they'll get at least 2 regulars out of the 2017, 2018 and 2019 drafts if not more. Maybe they won't all play here, but those who do will become pretty key contributors and the ones who don't will most likely be moved for pieces we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad