Prokhorkin 5th in the KHL in goal scoring

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Fact remains the Russians prefer to line up players from their own league.

Obviously the NHL stars will all be a lock, but doubt Yakupov has the edge over a player like Prokhorkin when Corky keeps scoring.

True, it will be around 50:50 between NHL players and KHL players. They won't give this kind of recognition to NHL that majority of NHL players would play for their national team on home ground.

But in my oppinion, if Prokhorin will play on Olympics, then you can forget to see him playing for Kings for quite a long time. Because young players that are playing in KHL, will be in Russian Olympic team only if they promise to stay in KHL...

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
But in my oppinion, if Prokhorin will play on Olympics, then you can forget to see him playing for Kings for quite a long time. Because young players that are playing in KHL, will be in Russian Olympic team only if they promise to stay in KHL...
I thought the German wall was torn down ?

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
I thought the German wall was torn down ?

Well, this is the way how they are doing right now. They want to bring KHL to the same level as NHL (if this is realistic, is not topic right now) and for start to do that they'll need to persuade their young stars to stay in KHL.

Olympic team on home ground is also one of the tools to do that...

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
True, it will be around 50:50 between NHL players and KHL players. They won't give this kind of recognition to NHL that majority of NHL players would play for their national team on home ground.

This is my thinking as well, very political. USA Hockey is no better, they do the same thing when picking the WJC team, unless the player is without a doubt one of the best at his position, they would rather take USNTDP and college players over CHL players. Seth Jones, Jack Campbell, Patrick Kane and Alex Galchenyuk being obvious exceptions.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
This is my thinking as well, very political. USA Hockey is no better, they do the same thing when picking the WJC team, unless the player is without a doubt one of the best at his position, they would rather take USNTDP and college players over CHL players. Seth Jones, Jack Campbell, Patrick Kane and Alex Galchenyuk being obvious exceptions.

Meh outside of Jared Knight this is just nonsense tossed about by people pissed there player didn't make it. And generally its just a toss up between 4th line players. Tons of CHL guys make it every year.

KingKopitar11*

Now that worked and man that was Sexy. This team could use a few players that can dangle. That was nice

stonedhenge

Jun 29, 2010
That's probably too much skill for Dean Lombardi's type of a player.:sarcasm:

Anyways I'm afraid Prokhorkin will stay in KHL for a long time. He will get millions on his next contract with his recent play, he is even considered for Russian NT in Sochi. And the Kings can only offer him 3 years of ELC money.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
I love prohky

He was so relaxed and calm a few years ago in the development camp. He's got great hands and a nasty wrist shot. I can't wait to see him in the NHL level.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Anyways I'm afraid Prokhorkin will stay in KHL for a long time. He will get millions on his next contract with his recent play, he is even considered for Russian NT in Sochi. And the Kings can only offer him 3 years of ELC money.

And I couldn't really blame him if he did stay in the KHL.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We need to clockwork orange Kopitar with that cut-to-the-middle move so he tries it once in a while to keep the D honest!

That was gorgeous, glad the kid is growing!

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
That's probably too much skill for Dean Lombardi's type of a player.:sarcasm:

No. He wants to come to NA. He wants to win a Cup. Don't worry about that.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I met Prokorkin when he was over here and spoke with him at length. The post should be somewhere in the archives.

Anyway he wants to play in the NHL and that is his single goal. Things change but we exchanged emails a bit over a month ago and he said that he will follow Max Kitsyn over to NA and hopes that they both make the team at the same time.

Porky wants to be a King and play in the NHL and I think he will.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I met Prokorkin when he was over here and spoke with him at length. The post should be somewhere in the archives.

Anyway he wants to play in the NHL and that is his single goal. Things change but we exchanged emails a bit over a month ago and he said that he will follow Max Kitsyn over to NA and hopes that they both make the team at the same time.

Porky wants to be a King and play in the NHL and I think he will.

Does he know that you call him Porky?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Does he know that you call him Porky?

Yes.

Little known fact is that Porky is a choclaholic and American Chocolate is his favorite. He spent over $100 bucks on getting those giant Hershey Bars (he bought a bunch) when he was here.

He was cool with Porky.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yes.

Little known fact is that Porky is a choclaholic and American Chocolate is his favorite. He spent over $100 bucks on getting those giant Hershey Bars (he bought a bunch) when he was here.

He was cool with Porky.

So long as he stays away from 7-11 food, which Vladimir Krutov was addicted to.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That is right and very funny.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ziggy.:)

Same to you, TG!

Getting back to Prokhorkin, I thought it was interesting how the hosts on the latest KHL highlights clip briefly touch on him possibly making some noise to go to Sochi. I don't know how likely that is, but I fear and recall hearing that the KHL might be aggressive in making sure he stays in Russia. Hopefully that isn't the case.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Like I said once, its ironic he's playing with both Radulov and Morozov. One of the few players who really left the NHL and never came back (a few games aside).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad