Post-Game Talk: Price plays terribly. Habs lose again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Matthews and jvr finished plays in areas that you expect them to finish. The 3rd goal is where price fumbled a wraparound that he should have had.

Overall, he was okay, but the main theme here once again is that it takes too many chances for the habs to score goals. A skilled team like the leafs doesn't waste chances. It was the same against Chicago.

Edit: that first Matthews goal wasn't pretty for price either, but it just goes to show that skill is the name of the game, and many goaltenders are going have bad nights against this guy.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
How can you lose a goalie dual vs Andersen.. This one is on Price. Normal Price would have won us this game.

And how much more invisible can Pacioretty be. Geez. A complete non-factor out there.
See but relying on Price EVERY game is not a recipe for success. So while Price didn't play great he didn't cost us the game. Benn had the entire centre and left ice to make a play, and bats the puck right to Matthews on his first goal. The others are hard to stop. We need a LD, and ideally a LD and a C. That's on MB.

Also CJ did pretty well tonight. If we can upgrade this roster, Habs/Leafs games could be a tight one every time thanks to coaching. I know it sucks to lose again (and lose to Toronto) but we weren't awful tonight.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Oh and are we done with the Hemsky experiment already? It,s waivers time again Bergy. That one didn't work out too...as predicted too....

I thought at least he'd be a Fleischmann...some offense, good enough defense, wouldn't hurt you. But he sucks. That backhanded pass at the blueline that led to a near-breakaway (saved only thanks to Petry) would get you sat in juniors, let alone someone as experienced as him.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I feel sorry for you guys - despite out playing us we still managed to win (and that's unfortunate to you guys)

I know it's not fair but I will take it as a Leafs fan - you guys were definitely better tonight

Well we did that to you about 3 games out of 4 last season, so we'll give that one to you lol

Reactions: New Leaf

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Chucky actually has a great game and he has 3rd lowest ice time and neither him or Drouin ( our 2 best 3v3 players) start OT .

Matthews starts OT and makes a difference .

I am soooo SICK and Tired of playing Defend the lead in OT , we always react instead of use our tools .

It's the old school mentality, our team is built and plays in a dated way. We play hard but not smart...You can't just say "the puck didn't go our way tonight" and get away with it.

On a side note it's so obvious they hate Chucky, never seen such a sabotage job in my life.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I thought the Leafs were on cruise control and neither goalie was particularly great, we out shot them but man do we ever lack skill!! Matthews is a star and what he did is what star players do. It was a tale of two teams headed in different directions.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Galchenyuk has to do more if he wants to get more ice time!!!!

Scoring a goal? That's not gonna help!
Agree he needs to do more. He has definitely lost a stride. My guess is he bulked up too much in the offseason. Need to get him on a bike and down to a lower weight. Doesn't help playing with a useless Hemsky and checker JDR.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Victor Mete is the real deal. Definitely NHL ready.

As a Leafs fan, I have to agree. That kid looks poised out there. Not flashy, just seems to do smart, simple plays to force guys out of the juicy areas. Will be keeping an eye out for him.

Good game guys. Don't feel too bad, got a point, and still 77 games to play, plenty of time to turn things around.

Reactions: hey
Apr 28, 2010
Not sure why some are blaming Carey Price here. One goal was a fluke goal (Van Riemsdyk), one was all on Alzner (Marleau) and the other one all on Benn (Mathews).

It was a very frustrating game because the Habs actually had a pretty good game as a team and deserved the win. Our 4th 5th and 6th defensemen are killing the whole team effort right now with individual stupid mistakes. Not sure if Bergevin can fix it in time.

Patches is the one killing me right now. This guy is supposed to be a threat out there. 3rd pairing dmen can easily stop him

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Julien with the same dinosaur play it safe mentality as MT.

Sending Byron and Plekanec in OT is just garbage. You have Drouin and Galchenyuk having good games, send them. Babcock sure wasn't afraid of sending Matthews and Nylander.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Why is everyone so impressed with how the Habs played tonight? I mean, they definitely weren't awful like the last few games but it wasn't anything special. Y'all need some higher standards. This just isn't a very good team.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
You guys definitely didn't deserve the loss.
You outplayed us tonight.
Other than matthews and Nylander, + Andy and the bottom pairing the boys were awful

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Oh and are we done with the Hemsky experiment already? It,s waivers time again Bergy. That one didn't work out too...as predicted too....

I have to say I didn't expect him to be that bad. But he is. Hopefully he's gone before next game.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
As a Leafs fan, I have to agree. That kid looks poised out there. Not flashy, just seems to do smart, simple plays to force guys out of the juicy areas. Will be keeping an eye out for him.

Good game guys. Don't feel too bad, got a point, and still 77 games to play, plenty of time to turn things around.
I hope they don't turn around and clean the office.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad